Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, I knew were talking about remakes. Was just clarifying for the earlier post that I was too lazy to quote.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Tease for the new game from the Celeste team. Basically just a name (Earthblade), a poster and some glorious music (Lena Raine returns).

Bit of a wait still ahead though according to the devs!

https://twitter.com/exok_games/status/1384182598507778052?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

They've committed to this century, at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd much prefer if indie developers didn't get on board the triple A industry's habit of releasing trailers that say nothing.

Well it's not nothing, at least the soundtrack is sounding like a banger.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,146 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It did its job, got me super stoked without supplying any real info. But yeah, definitely also feeling a bit salty for pulling a cócktease too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

For people who have a PS5, do your PS4 themes transfer over? Is there themes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

J. Marston wrote: »

No themes at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Lunar Silver Star Story is probably the most remade game if we're talking full remakes and not just ports/remasters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Hoping to get your hands on a PS5 soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Hoping to get your hands on a PS5 soon?

Depends on the availability really but maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Lunar Silver Star Story is probably the most remade game if we're talking full remakes and not just ports/remasters

Mega CD Original, The Saturn/PS1 Complete edition, the awful GBA game which is more a downgrade, and then the boring PSP version. So 3 remakes, not sure it's up there with remake factory Falcom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Depends on the availability really but maybe.

They are a lot easier to get now than they have been in the last few months, you still have to keep an eye out for one but at least you get more than a femtosecond to get it in the basket and finish the transaction.

I didn't realise Crysis isn't just a game to test out your new god tier PC. It's also a really fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I had a ton of fun with the original a few years back. I adjusted the energy drain in the config file so you can actually use the speed for as long as he does in the cutscenes. Can slightly adjust the other drains too.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I didn't realise Crysis isn't just a game to test out your new god tier PC. It's also a really fun game.

Yea the hype around the graphics always overshadowed the fact that it is a good game. Nothing special or anything, but a fun semi-sandbox shooter at a time when they were very thin on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Loved Crysis back in the day.

Got 2 in a sale a few years back and gave up about an hour in. Not a patch on the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So which Monster Hunter do I grab for pc if I want to give the whole thing a go? Is one of them an MMO type thing aswell? I just want a decent SP game, havent played anything since RDR2.

Monster Hunter World is your only choice until Rise comes out and it's a good place to start.

Will make a change from RDR2, you'll enjoy playing an actual good game :pac:

I'm going to give Far Cry 2 another playthrough soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,146 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Finally, Civ6 adds a feature that has been critically missed for years now; that ability to pet the Scout's dog:

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1385310988036083715

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm going to give Far Cry 2 another playthrough soon.

I really liked that game but the military checkpoints were possibly the most annoying feature of any game I have played in the last 15 years. I just don't see what they point was other than to frustrate the player.

The game is also way too long. It's an interesting game but not worth finishing.

It was a good idea, maybe not a great game as a final product. Certainly its mechanics needed another pass or rethink; the malaria was a cute concept horribly executed, the checkpoints lazy and unfairly implemented - while the much vaunted fire physics didn't really have much impact in the moment to moment gameplay. It had a bunch of good theories that fumbled the implementation. it's a shame the game didn't get much love post release (and the engine seemed limited for modders to fix it themselves)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Butterbeans

Is FarCry5 worth a go? I inherited a PS4 in December and slowly getting through some of the games I got with it. I'll add in I'm a complete novice when it comes to gaming but getting into it.
    I've played Horizon, RDR2, Unchartered 4 and Lost Legacy and with a ton of other games it's hard to know what to go for next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

FC2 is such a deeply flawed game, but with so many great ideas that it’s by far the most interesting open world Ubisoft has produced in generations.

It feels like after it games of its ilk just grew more homogenous and unadventurous. Far Cry in particular disappeared down a sort of bland power fantasy route rather than the more abrasive, experimental approach of FC2. Perhaps Watch Dogs Legion was the true successor to FC2, given Clint Hocking’s involvement and its big concept thinking... but (I haven’t played it) by most accounts it wasn’t particularly good and couldn’t shake off the Ubisoft formula :/

Markitron wrote: »
    I really liked that game but the military checkpoints were possibly the most annoying feature of any game I have played in the last 15 years. I just don't see what they point was other than to frustrate the player.

And the enemies respawn at them. Another thing from the game I remember is guns jamming.

Is FarCry5 worth a go?

It is.

The biggest problem in front of ubisoft changing things up is that everyone moans about how derivative and stale they are and a month later ubisoft release farcry: snow texture pack and 11 million people rush out and buy it.

And even sony are doing the same with their formula with assassin's creed: japan getting praise and sales despite being even more derivative than even ubisofts output.

The biggest problem in front of ubisoft changing things up is that everyone moans about how derivative and stale they are and a month later ubisoft release farcry: snow texture pack and 11 million people rush out and buy it.

Far Cry Snow. Pre-order and you'll get a gram of 'snow'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

And even sony are doing the same with their formula with assassin's creed: japan getting praise and sales despite being even more derivative than even ubisofts output.

Have you actually played Ghost of Tsushima?

Advertisement