Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat earth believers

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Flat Earthers are so last year.

Hollow Earth is where its at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Does he have Sky/Satellite TV ?

Ask him where it comes from ?

SB

Idiot, they bounce the signals off the dome!!! :)

Seriously though, you can't debate with these people: They are like creationists. They use this circular "logic" that you just can't get through: This must be that because that was the other and the other means this.

The problem is is that these morons are becoming more and more of a power. Anyone who refers to youtube "documentary evidence" should not be believed and shouldn't be in a position of power..... or left alone with sharp scissors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Flat Earthers are so last year.

Hollow Earth is where its at now.

I'll see your Hollow Earth and raise you the Hollow Moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Idiot, they bounce the signals off the dome!!! :)

Seriously though, you can't debate with these people: They are like creationists. They use this circular "logic" that you just can't get through: This must be that because that was the other and the other means this.

The problem is is that these morons are becoming more and more of a power. Anyone who refers to youtube "documentary evidence" should not be believed and shouldn't be in a position of power..... or left alone with sharp scissors

A creationist was once asked about dinosaur fossils discovered in the ground. And how could the world be 6,000 years old if they were there, and carbon dated back millions of years. Using 'science'.....*boo*...*hiss*

The creationist claimed that all those fossils were placed there to test your faith. Essentially, 'God' is a bit of an asshole and likes to troll people into believing in him.

Now taking their 'logic' if an almighty deity can randomly place the fossilized bones of an extinct species in random places around the world as a test of faith, surely this same deity can use the same magic, stop being a dick and just emblazon the sky using clouds stating 'I am God, I am real, believe in me'?

Their answer will be 'do not tempt the lord our god' or for me, the biggest cop out ever with 'the lord works in mysterious ways'. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

It's one of the negatives of the internet, where some things are great with the spreading of knowledge and learning, there unfortunately is the spread of misinformation and general BOLLOCKS ... sadly this could outweigh the former :(

Imagine 15 years ago if someone told you that flat earth would be a movement again in 2017!, it had pretty much died out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

c_man wrote: »

Hollow earth with a liquid center. A boy without mischief is like an Earth without a liquid center.....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Anti-vaxers, Flat Earthers, Creationists. All on the rise. It's insane. This is 2017!!!! Not 1817

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Anti-vaxers, Flat Earthers, Creationists. All on the rise. It's insane. This is 2017!!!! Not 1817

Again the dangers of any oul fool can create his own YouTube channel and have a little echo chamber of insane ideas.

- Same woman on the BBC video that did her own "experiments" :rolleyes: - said she also watched 50+ hours of video ... as if thats proof!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Steve F wrote: »
    It's as plain as the nose on your face why people peddle this clap trap
    MONEY!!!
    You will find at the back of any these things someone somewhere is making a buck out of the gullible

Former Blink 182 singer is a UFO nut who set up a company that pays him very well.
    If he gets enough cash he will release untold secrets that he discovered from reading old UFO books.

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/november-11th-2017

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Does he have Sky/Satellite TV ?

Ask him where it comes from ?

SB
    TV transmitters.

After all since the earth is flat you don't need that many of them. Why do you think all those masts on Garda stations went up ??

Technically speaking a parabolic dish has very strong side lobes at 60 degrees so yes they could pick up horizontal signals even if pointed at where the "satellite" is supposed to be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

c_man wrote: »
    Or Hollow Moons.

Phobos, the Death Star one, and several asteroids and a few other moons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

TV transmitters.

After all since the earth is flat you don't need that many of them. Why do you think all those masts on Garda stations went up ??

Technically speaking a parabolic dish has very strong side lobes at 60 degrees so yes they could pick up horizontal signals even if pointed at where the "satellite" is supposed to be.

Not when someone elses dish 5 miles away is pointing in the same direction, thats no where near the Garda station...

You can't argu with flat earthers, because they are always right...

SB

Earlier idiots were ridiculed for their views on Smallpox.

Smallpox was really scary but you still get idiots going on about how it magically became docile and vaccines really didn't do anything to stop it.

In the real world things like civil wars didn't stop vaccinations because people on all sides were very, very clear on what the priority was.

Then again you can't win an argument with people over football or religion. And there is a religion where you can tick the boxes
    - alternative medicine , I'm only talking about stuff with ZERO improvement on placebos
    - chemtrails
    - anti-vaz
    - fluoride
    - flat earth

Crystal Energy ?
    Yeah it exist, our civilisation runs on it. Semiconductors are made from PURE crystals. Not the bullcrap coloured stuff you buy in voodoo shops, but insanely pure, defect crystals.

A 10nm feature on a 300mm silicon wafer like the ones we've been using in CPU's for years now is the same being able to represent a 1cm feature on a 300km wide Island , like the one we live on.

That's the sort of technology we have. But people still view crystals with visible flaws as magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Proudly stolen from YLYL!

4pgoefvjx0zz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm convinced the whole flat earth thing is a huge piss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

To my HUGE surprise one of my friends ( know him for a few years) believes that the earth is flat, has a dome, and as such, we were never on the moon.
    He is adamant he's right...I'm just about done laughing here but..any opinions ? I mean - how do you convince someone that the earth is round...you can even see it on Long distance flights...>sigh<.

Just tell him to head west to go to America and then head west to come home ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

I always loved that photo Michael Collins (the astronaut) took during Apollo 11.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/michael-collins-picture-1969/

When he took it, he realised he was the only human, alive or dead not in the picture.

I always loved that photo Michael Collins (the astronaut) took during Apollo 11.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/michael-collins-picture-1969/

When he took it, he realised he was the only human, alive or dead not in the picture.

Shot in the back by his own race.

Ipso wrote: »
    The plan, as stated, is to send himself 1,800 feet high in the air
    Because we don't already have mountains that high ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I remember watching a flat earther conference video on YouTube.

Guy who set it up proudly proclaimed " Folks have come from all over the globe"

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I remember watching a flat earther conference video on YouTube.

Guy who set it up proudly proclaimed " Folks have come from all over the globe"

Lol

If he had said "All round the globe" you would have had him 100%. "All over" is kinda ambiguous as in 'all over the place'.. so 50% :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Originally Posted by Ipso View Post
    Proof of a flat earth is coming.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-in-own-rocket
    Quote:
    The plan, as stated, is to send himself 1,800 feet high in the air

Darwin award forthcoming ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Advertisement