Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get tickets for an All Ireland Final?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

ClanofLams wrote: »
    They put them up at face value so as to avoid controversy but when you ring up they tell ya it's double/triple face value. Or at least that was a friends experience in the past and I assume it's the same here. Nobody would need to put tickets up on done deal to offload them for this game!

Was thinking same, There have also been dirt birds sending tickets back out once they've gotten through the stiles to be sold again. But I think final tickets have stub that is torn off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Was thinking same, There have also been dirt birds sending tickets back out once they've gotten through the stiles to be sold again. But I think final tickets have stub that is torn off?

No,unfortunately. Just scanned and through the turnstile you go.
    My all Ireland tickets from recent years still intact.

Hopefully Friday or Saturday a few more start to surface for sale from genuine gaa people to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

No stubs are left on the ticket.

The worst tickets to buy are for the hill/nally AFTER the turnstiles open as this is when the tickets are passed back oou onto the street and re-sold.
    There is no chance of the original ticket holder being caught whereas with a seat ticket there could be as its a definate place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Is it possible to get a wheelchair accessible ticket? I'm a recently new wheelchair user.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭glack

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a wheelchair accessible ticket? I'm a recently new wheelchair user.

It's possible but would be unlikely for the hurling at this stage as I'd imagine they've all been allocated and it's unlikely you'll hear of one just coming up for sale. Get onto your county board/club ASAP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Pretty sure wheelchair tickets go through Croke Park, best give them a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 James lakes

lemmno wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to say high enough if you're there early enough. I've heard the big hotels in town are great for people buying/selling that morning. I've never had to wait that long though so someone else who's actually done it might have more info.
    Meaghers Ballyboughall is a good place to get a ticket at face value the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

The whole tickets being passed out thing would be easily solved with a bit more vigilance from Croke Park, horrible to hear that happens. Maybe if anyone 'leaving' was forced to leave their ticket behind at the office on their way out? Or some sort of security measure to ensure that person couldn't get back in, like a very hard to remove stamp of some sort :)
    Tickets are turning up, those who have put a lot of effort into finding them are starting to get them from what I've been hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

All croke park need to do is tear the tickets on the way in, simple. It worked for a hundred years.

All croke park need to do is tear the tickets on the way in, simple. It worked for a hundred years.

What about sad asses who like to keep their ticket ... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

lemmno wrote: »
    The whole tickets being passed out thing would be easily solved with a bit more vigilance from Croke Park, horrible to hear that happens. Maybe if anyone 'leaving' was forced to leave their ticket behind at the office on their way out? Or some sort of security measure to ensure that person couldn't get back in, like a very hard to remove stamp of some sort :)
    Tickets are turning up, those who have put a lot of effort into finding them are starting to get them from what I've been hearing.

The problem is one person can leave with several tickets to resell. Tear off the stubs is the solution as RDS said above.
    Try have your tickets bought before the turnstiles open is all you can do otherwise.

Any spares surfacing today?
    Still hunting for one for myself, won't give up until Sunday !
    Any help appreciated.

What about sad asses who like to keep their ticket ... :o
    I mean tear off the stub.

I had actually assumed that there was no longer a perforated stub, but there is. So yes, detaching it at turnstiles would seem to be the sensible solution.

Be interesting to know why they stopped doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Got two this morning, and a friend got another. They're starting to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LENNY86

Sorted. Please no more PMs as of 15:40 will reply to all up to this.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

If you want to sell I'd be happy to take them at face value.

LENNY86 wrote: »
    Hey guys can anyone help me.

We have 3Premium seats purchased start of year, we secure both finals tickets in our plan.

My brothers married the 18th in Barbados and we are away till the 3rd october missing the football final.

I tried to list for FACE value on done deal but it was removed asfrom GAA dont allow the sale.

We technically own the seatone as we have for the past number of years. If I cant sell on Will the GAA use thea seat if we arent in it, seems very unfair.

Regards

You can put them up on the ticket exchange website but the GAA keep 50% so you will get E75 per ticket. Alternatively you could give them to someone.

Does exchange website take private tickets. We purchased them in 507 we have had these seats for 7 years as fathers company. Absolute shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Croke Park hotel could be worth a shot on Sunday morning for anyone looking to buy a ticket, have seen a goodfew people selling tickets there the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Has anyone heard of football tickets circulating yet?

Has anyone heard of football tickets circulating yet?
    Not issued totill board or clubs till next thursday unless, season tickets or premiums

LENNY86 wrote: »
    Hey guys can anyone help me.

We have 3Premium seats purchased start of year, we secure both finals tickets in our plan.

My brothers married the 18th in Barbados and we are away till the 3rd october missing the football final.

I tried to list for FACE value on done deal but it was removed asfrom GAA dont allow the sale.

We technically own the seatone as we have for the past number of years. If I cant sell on Will the GAA use thea seat if we arent in it, seems very unfair.

Regards

Hi
    I will gladly buy them off you for face value, and I can assure you that they will be used properly.

Can give you any guarantee you want and I have a perfect history on here.

Exactly, just sell them person to person, rather than through Donedeal or whatever, and as long as you're doing it at face value I don't see any ethical issue in it. The GAA are just making it difficult in that situation. Pretty shambolic situation I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

I secured two tickets last year from a nice Kilkenny man on boards so I guess this is worth another shot. Looking for 2 tickets to the hurling for a friend from Galway not for myself . I live very near croke park so I can easily arrange to collect, willing to pay full value

Exactly, just sell them person to person, rather than through Donedeal or whatever, and as long as you're doing it at face value I don't see any ethical issue in it. The GAA are just making it difficult in that situation. Pretty shambolic situation I agree.

For someone who at county board level (Myself and father) this is the Worst ive seen HQ operate regarding ticket returns, allocation and problem solving

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Barnsleyfc

Hi all. Genuine Galway supporter living in Dublin looking for any kind of a ticket. Been to three matches so far this year.

Barnsleyfc wrote: »
    Hi all. Genuine Galway supporter living in Dublin looking for any kind of a ticket. Been to three matches so far this year.

There is alot of tickets floating about genuine sources. Try not be scalped online.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

They're starting to free up a little bit. I'd say tonight and tomorrow will sort out anyone genuine who has a few contacts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Barnsleyfc

Where would be good to try in Dublin this evening as a rule? Quinns, the big tree etc maybe?

Advertisement