Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get tickets for an All Ireland Final?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

The demand this year is huge. Lots I know seem to be stuck for tickets and wouldn't have been other years. Pretty diehard followers too. Doesn't bode well so far. Big week ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

So hows the hunt for the hurling final tickets going ? Would we expect to see a few surface (as normal ) later in the week, although not as many as normal given the demand for tickets in the competing counties.

Have to try hunt down 1 somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Very slow so far. Nothing really coming down from club allocations. They expect the CB will get their hands on more early this week but a lot of people might be waiting till Saturday night to get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Where did you see a price for premium?as far as I know you can't buy premium they're allocated to whoever owns that seat and they do what they wish with them

You can join an exchange club for I think €100/annum and people who own premium tickets but aren't going to a game can put them up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,008 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.adverts.ie/sports/all-ireland-hurling-final-tickets/13668633

dont knw were the real but they look like they were snapped up straight away ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭jenjoeful

This has annoyed me £350 not Euros - Pounds for 2 tickets!!! https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-sport-tickets/2x-tickets-for-all-ireland-hurling-final-2017/1263859367 Not even premium!

Why would you let it annoy you? No-one should be stupid enough to pay that but if they are then I've no sympathy for them. Gaa will hopefully cancel the tickets anyway if they can like they have done previously.

Mods - am I allowed put a link hear to a gaa club that's raffling 2 tickets for the hurling final? If not, is there any way on boards where I can let people know about it?! Thanks.

Mods - am I allowed put a link hear to a gaa club that's raffling 2 tickets for the hurling final? If not, is there any way on boards where I can let people know about it?! Thanks.
    You probably could quickly, if it's removed, so be it. I'm happy for you to DM it to me directly :) :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

No. Please read the charter. That's directed to everyone

• Advertisement

Query answered.

Not looking good for many spares to turn up , although its still early..ish in the week, I guess most clubs will be dishing them out tonight.

Still hunting around for 1 ticket, not a sniff of it anywhere as yet, my normal avenues are not too confident of being able to get me one.

Don't really fancy hawking around the pubs on the day of the game looking for one, but could be my only option at this stage.

Tickets like golddust it appears this year.

Anyone confident of spares turning up anywhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,532 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Definitely seems to be a few knocking around down here the last day or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

When did the tickets start getting distributed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Motivator

I managed to pick up two this morning. Wasn't expecting it at all to be honest. I knew I would be missing most of the league games due to work this year so didn't get the season ticket and I doubted that I would get any but thank god I was able to get sorted. It's very stressful waiting on a call or a text to confirm someone has them but all I'd say is for people to keep trying, keep annoying your sources because if you don't stay in their mind then someone else will and they'll get the tickets.

A friend asked a county board official to look after him straight after the Cork match. County board official told him to ring him this week and he would have two tickets for him. He rang yesterday and was told that he had been forgotten about and he wouldn't be getting any as said county board official had no tickets left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I imagine plenty of tickets will be floating around by Friday, I've heard that the county boards around the country haven't released their unclaimed tickets to Waterford/Galway yet.

I imagine plenty of tickets will be floating around by Friday, I've heard that the county boards around the country haven't released their unclaimed tickets to Waterford/Galway yet.
    I hope you're right!! I'll have wasted a pretty penny on flights and accom otherwise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

They'll be all over the place come Friday evening I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭taytobreath

what are the chances of gettin a ticket up in croke park sunday

I'd be inclined to say high enough if you're there early enough. I've heard the big hotels in town are great for people buying/selling that morning. I've never had to wait that long though so someone else who's actually done it might have more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

lemmno wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to say high enough if you're there early enough. I've heard the big hotels in town are great for people buying/selling that morning. I've never had to wait that long though so someone else who's actually done it might have more info.

The Gresham hotel Sunday morning get in there early and put the word out always tickets to be had, dromcondra dart station beside Quinn's pub have seen lads selling tickets outside the station every year I've been going to finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

This year will be so much harder than other years.

Lot of the usual rules regarding them popping up on Friday/Saturday, and availability on Sunday morning will be out the window.

As well as the Waterford/Galway supporters - both those who regularly go and others who don't, those who won't want to miss the first AI for either county in forever.

You also have the neutral, for whom this years final is a far more attractive proposition than Kilkenny/Tipp, which we have had in 09/10/11/14/14 Replay/16.

And also more attractive than Kilkenny Galway, which we had in 12/15, but saw in Leinster first both years.

Even from Semi Final attendance - 2015 = 41,112 and 58,495
    2016 = 34,432 and 54,227
    2017 = 68,184 and 72,022

Demand is at its highest for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

That's it in a nutshell @Mokuba

Mokuba wrote: »

Lot of the usual rules regarding them popping up on Friday/Saturday, and availability on Sunday morning will be out the window.

As well as the Waterford/Galway supporters - both those who regularly go and others who don't, those who won't want to miss the first AI for either county in forever.

You also have the neutral, for whom this years final is a far more attractive proposition than Kilkenny/Tipp, which we have had in 09/10/11/14/14 Replay/16.

And also more attractive than Kilkenny Galway, which we had in 12/15, but saw in Leinster first both years.

2016 = 34,432 and 54,227
    2017 = 68,184 and 72,022

You have hit the nail on the head hear Mokuba, I still havnt got a sniff of a ticket and all my avenues /sources are not too encouraging when I ask.
    Anyone else see any coming available anywhere ?
    Desperation and panic starting to kick in now.

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Mokuba wrote: »

2016 = 34,432 and 54,227
    2017 = 68,184 and 72,022

You have hit the nail on the head hear Mokuba, I still havnt got a sniff of a ticket and all my avenues /sources are not too encouraging when I ask.
    Anyone else see any coming available anywhere ?
    Desperation and panic starting to kick in now.
    I second this!!!! Sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I heard my club got a total of 6 extra tickets coming in. This would be a rather large club...

A few on done deal in the last few hours, face value, if anyone is stuck.

Seen them alright, I am still looking for 1 but very wary of buying tickets for all Ireland finals off there.
    There does seem to be a few more popping up for sake on it which gives me a glimmer of hope a few might turn up via other channels tomorrow and Saturday.
    The stress of all Ireland final ticket search is torture every year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

They put them up at face value so as to avoid controversy but when you ring up they tell ya it's double/triple face value. Or at least that was a friends experience in the past and I assume it's the same here. Nobody would need to put tickets up on done deal to offload them for this game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Lots on donedeal.

It's a pity that they have already fallen into the wrong hands.

I hope that they are on sale for face value.

Very hard to gauge if there will be some left in Dublin.

There always seems to be a few floating around for the hurling.

Advertisement