Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do you get tickets for an All Ireland Final?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It's gas where I live, there's a lottery for the tickets every year and the same 4 or 5 prícks have been winning them each year without fail since 2006. It's amazing, but it's a well known secret that these lads will win because they are GAA coaches for the local team, so nobody bats an eyelid because they're kids are being coached 3 times a week.
    So why don't you take on coaching children three times a week in your own time and for nothing - I figure you to be the type to drop a child and leg it. :mad::mad:
    Do you feel better now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Do you feel better now?

Actually I'm one of the parents that does all the driving whilst others leave their kids and fcuk off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do you feel better now?
    Yes, coaches deserve any little perks they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I've never been to a hurling game before myself but ended up getting a ticket from an uncle. Problem is my mate doesn't have one. Would it be possible to get one at the stadium tomorrow?

Do you feel better now?
    Yes, coaches deserve any little perks they get.
    Yeah you're a hero.

• Advertisement

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I've never been to a hurling game before myself but ended up getting a ticket from an uncle. Problem is my mate doesn't have one. Would it be possible to get one at the stadium tomorrow?
    Yeah my dad is in his seventies and goes to the final every year but your story brought a tear to his eye and he wants to give you his ticket and buy you a pint for your trouble. Pm for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Down at 7s n kilmacud today and no sign of tickets floating about there. As scarce as seen tickets for an all Ireland in years. Usually good few show up come Saturday but doesn't seem to be the way so far. Hopefully pick one up around D2 tonight as it seems to be where all the Galway fans are gathering.

mjp wrote: »
    Down at 7s n kilmacud today and no sign of tickets floating about there. As scarce as seen tickets for an all Ireland in years. Usually good few show up come Saturday but doesn't seem to be the way so far. Hopefully pick one up around D2 tonight as it seems to be where all the Galway fans are gathering.
    Honestly I never saw tickets doing the rounds at kilmacud any time I was ever there, I know people say it's a good place to pick one up but I think that's overstated.

That said things do seen more difficult this year, which is no shock at all. Best of luck to everyone still looking, it's a pain in the hole, I was delighted with the season ticket when I no longer had to do all that ****e each year, kissing lads arses and sorting out other people who end up pulling out and so on and on. I know some people say it's part of the craic, but ye are welcome to it I'm!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LENNY86

Honestly I never saw tickets doing the rounds at kilmacud any time I was ever there, I know people say it's a good place to pick one up but I think that's overstated.

That said things do seen more difficult this year, which is no shock at all. Best of luck to everyone still looking, it's a pain in the hole, I was delighted with the season ticket when I no longer had to do all that ****e each year, kissing lads arses and sorting out other people who end up pulling out and so on and on. I know some people say it's part of the craic, but ye are welcome to it I'm!

Every year there isfor tickets at the 7s without fail. There was plenty today, you dont just show up and get them handed, you go to committee or board office up stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Yeah my dad is in his seventies and goes to the final every year but your story brought a tear to his eye and he wants to give you his ticket and buy you a pint for your trouble. Pm for details.

I'm guessing your not being serious. I'll give it a try anyway tomorrow. Should be a great contest

• Advertisement

LENNY86 wrote: »
    Every year there isfor tickets at the 7s without fail. There was plenty today, you dont just show up and get them handed, you go to committee or board office up stairs

Bull, we had 3 people out there today looking for them. Along with the 10's of people looking for them that they spoke to also the only tickets that were seen were the two that went for raffle.

I've never seen anything like this year. I never didn't get the 6 or 7 tickets needed by the Wednesday before and this year we have 1 as it stands.

Bull, we had 3 people out there today looking for them. Along with the 10's of people looking for them that they spoke to also the only tickets that were seen were the two that went for raffle.

Mate your a liar I directed 2 off this site and on this thread who got them. I've worked at county board level for 9 years. You must of sent 2 blind men

Mate your a liar I directed 2 off this site and on this thread who got them. I've worked at county board level for 9 years. You must of sent 2 blind men

Three people paid 10 euro in and walked around asking and all they met were people looking for tickets too.

You are talking rot.

Three people paid 10 euro in and walked around asking and all they met were people looking for tickets too.

You are talking rot.

Haha ok mate.

Why would he lie about that?

Well we will leave it till the people I told this morning on this thread come on and confirm 1 got 1 ticket other got 2.

That doesn't mean he was lying ffs

I'm saying he's lying regarding there being no tickets. If someone turned up and could source three tickets he is lying

I'm saying he's lying regarding there being no tickets. If someone turned up and could source three tickets he is lying
    Ok, you don't know what lying means. I think I'll leave you to it so. Good luck insulting people for no reason.

• Advertisement

Ok, you don't know what lying means. I think I'll leave you to it so. Good luck insulting people for no reason.

Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

People can say what they want here . I'm 25 years going to all Ireland both hurling and football and tickets are hard got for Tomo

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Well we will leave it till the people I told this morning on this thread come on and confirm 1 got 1 ticket other got 2.

I went out there today spent 3 hours there and asked absolutely everyone including Comittee members who must have all lied to my face.

Anyone out there who missed out shouldn't feel bad you're not the internet messiah for hurling tickets you're letting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

So did anybody manage to get a ticket out at Crokes yesterday??

seligehgit wrote: »
    So did anybody manage to get a ticket out at Crokes yesterday??

Yes 2 I know of, apparently everyone else here didn't even though they had panels searching.

I'm in Dublin now tickets are being sold for €130 around Dorset street and down as far as Quinn's. I personally wouldn't pay it if I didn't have a ticket I'd wait till 3.15 and approach one of them they'll sell for cheaper as it's closer throw in and risk not selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Yes 2 I know of, apparently everyone else here didn't even though they had panels searching.

I'm in Dublin now tickets are being sold for €130 around Dorset street and down as far as Quinn's. I personally wouldn't pay it if I didn't have a ticket I'd wait till 3.15 and approach one of them they'll sell for cheaper as it's closer throw in and risk not selling them.

Up at gills at the moment. Lots of people looking.

But it's early yet.

kala85 wrote: »

Up at gills at the moment. Lots of people looking.

But it's early yet.

Head down to Quinn's there's 2 guys standing at the steps of the deaf club selling I'm standing close to them now. Nobody seems to be taking the tickets at their prices which is good

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Buff made it anyway and straight behind me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The last raffle I was in, the organisers actually ended up winning. So it's not unheard of for that to happen occasionally...

Yeah, you organised that fairly well. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Any updates on tickets and their availability outside the ground

Advertisement