Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you get tickets for an All Ireland Final?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LENNY86

LENNY86 wrote: »
    That doesn't mean he was lying ffs

I'm saying he's lying regarding there being no tickets. If someone turned up and could source three tickets he is lying
    Ok, you don't know what lying means. I think I'll leave you to it so. Good luck insulting people for no reason.

Good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

People can say what they want here . I'm 25 years going to all Ireland both hurling and football and tickets are hard got for Tomo

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Well we will leave it till the people I told this morning on this thread come on and confirm 1 got 1 ticket other got 2.

I went out there today spent 3 hours there and asked absolutely everyone including Comittee members who must have all lied to my face.

Anyone out there who missed out shouldn't feel bad you're not the internet messiah for hurling tickets you're letting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

So did anybody manage to get a ticket out at Crokes yesterday??

seligehgit wrote: »
    So did anybody manage to get a ticket out at Crokes yesterday??

Yes 2 I know of, apparently everyone else here didn't even though they had panels searching.

I'm in Dublin now tickets are being sold for €130 around Dorset street and down as far as Quinn's. I personally wouldn't pay it if I didn't have a ticket I'd wait till 3.15 and approach one of them they'll sell for cheaper as it's closer throw in and risk not selling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Yes 2 I know of, apparently everyone else here didn't even though they had panels searching.

I'm in Dublin now tickets are being sold for €130 around Dorset street and down as far as Quinn's. I personally wouldn't pay it if I didn't have a ticket I'd wait till 3.15 and approach one of them they'll sell for cheaper as it's closer throw in and risk not selling them.

Up at gills at the moment. Lots of people looking.

But it's early yet.

kala85 wrote: »

Up at gills at the moment. Lots of people looking.

But it's early yet.

Head down to Quinn's there's 2 guys standing at the steps of the deaf club selling I'm standing close to them now. Nobody seems to be taking the tickets at their prices which is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Buff made it anyway and straight behind me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The last raffle I was in, the organisers actually ended up winning. So it's not unheard of for that to happen occasionally...

Yeah, you organised that fairly well. Well done.

• Advertisement

Any updates on tickets and their availability outside the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah, you organised that fairly well. Well done.

Surely you get the reference?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Poor Buff Egan got a ****e ticket but was moving around the middle sections of the lower Cusack sitting in random seats until the ticket holders arrived. He wasant happy with his seat

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Poor Buff Egan got a ****e ticket but was moving around the middle sections of the lower Cusack sitting in random seats until the ticket holders arrived. He wasant happy with his seat

He ended up in 302 lower cusack

Anyone get sorted out with tickets here after.

• Advertisement

kala85 wrote: »

Anyone get sorted out with tickets here after.

No idea mate hopefully.

We got two tickets up around croker but both were through talking to people we know who made a call rather than randomly stopping people. Saw very very few tickets being off loaded to people asking.

Just something we saw and a word of warning. While many of the people going around with signs up were genuine there was a few we spotted working with a tout. One was an auld fella with a sign saying "ticket please I won't live another 29 years" bad b*atards.

Anyway, what a day and what a win! Gaillimh Abu!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭unichick

We got two tickets up around croker but both were through talking to people we know who made a call rather than randomly stopping people. Saw very very few tickets being off loaded to people asking.

Just something we saw and a word of warning. While many of the people going around with signs up were genuine there was a few we spotted working with a tout. One was an auld fella with a sign saying "ticket please I won't live another 29 years" bad b*atards.

Anyway, what a day and what a win! Gaillimh Abu!!

Anyone any details re the homecoming? Didn't get tickets for the match unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Saw him when I got my ticket. The touts were across the road from him, 3 of them and another one further down on the other side. 2 garda were watching them like hawks. Touts were looking for €500 for a Hogan ticket and he told me he bought it for €200.

Never saw the ticket situation as bad before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

One was an auld fella with a sign saying "ticket please I won't live another 29 years"

With any luck, the bollocks.

• Advertisement

One was an auld fella with a sign saying "ticket please I won't live another 29 years"

With any luck, the bollocks.

Plenty of scumbag scalpers like him around they love this time of the year as desperation sets in and some fans are willing to do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Plenty of scumbag scalpers like him around they love this time of the year as desperation sets in and some fans are willing to do anything

Where do touts usually get their tickets?it's terrible that genuine people cant get some yet these touts always get their hands on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

brookville wrote: »
    Where do touts usually get their tickets?it's terrible that genuine people cant get some yet these touts always get their hands on them

There's a question. And not just the on street touts but the internet touts.

Where do they get them from?

Majority are with clubs or have connections with clubs. Then some boy unwanted tickets

There's a question. And not just the on street touts but the internet touts.

Where do they get them from?

What's an internet tout? You can't tout a ticket in the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭Sono

You're obviously not familiar with needaticket.ie then. This guy was charging 3-400euro for a ticket for today's match. He has tickets for every event, how he gets them is anyone's guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if there are clubs/people within clubs around the country involved in touting, I really don't understand how else they could get the tickets. Any genuine GAA people would never sell to a tout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Unfortunately my mate couldn't get one so I went alone. Enjoyed the match and because I didn't support either side I didn't get to caught up in the atmosphere. Might try and go to the football final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

A ticket for the lower cusack going for 600 euro for mayo v dublin. Disheartening stuff. If it was any other county apart from Dublin or Mayo I would say tough luck get a season ticket but both counties are massively oversubscribed and a long waiting list for season tickets.

Sono wrote: »

You're obviously not familiar with needaticket.ie then. This guy was charging 3-400euro for a ticket for today's match. He has tickets for every event, how he gets them is anyone's guess.

I'm sorry I wasn't aware. I sold 3 premium seats on this thread for face value. 140 Each. I sold tickets for today on here at 80 euro each. I wouldn't scalp anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Unfortunately my mate couldn't get one so I went alone. Enjoyed the match and because I didn't support either side I didn't get to caught up in the atmosphere. Might try and go to the football final.

If you're not from either county, do ya mind me asking how you got your ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Every club in the country gets tickets

DellyBelly wrote: »

Tickets are allocated on ratio clubs/ county players and then those outside participating counties get a ratio break up for clubs.

County boards get largest allocation, usually between 100-150 depending on sizes then their clubs are issued (Smaller Clubs 10~15 Larger clubs with county reps in around 30~50 depending) which are then raffled off and given to mentors.

Anything that's returned goes to the county board they then either reissue to croker who then give to participating counties or sell on their selves to outsiders.

**Figures on tickets arent accurate just using them to explain the gulf**

Oh I'm aware of all that, it just always bothers me how tickets end up scattered around the country and fall into the hands of people for way more than face value.

I understand some people want to go to the All Ireland finals because its a great sporting occasion, but it kills me to see so many fans (myself included) from the competing counties left empty handed. I think a bigger allocation should be given to the competing counties because there is never enough to go around for club members.

Oh I'm aware of all that, it just always bothers me how tickets end up scattered around the country and fall into the hands of people for way more than face value.

I understand some people want to go to the All Ireland finals because its a great sporting occasion, but it kills me to see so many fans (myself included) from the competing counties left empty handed. I think a bigger allocation should be given to the competing counties because there is never enough to go around for club members.

Well I can say this first hand I was in HQ last week when a lot of counties figures were going in and what's issued this week to clubs will shock a lot and leave a lot without. It's a shame I'm an Ulster man so don't have to worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

If anyone here is not from Mayo or Dublin and in a position to get a ticket for the final please pm me. Can offer face value and a bottle of Jameson gold for your trouble. Long shot I know. Can travel anywhere in the country to collect.

Club volunteers from stand the country deserve a chance to be there, I think there's far too many tickets going to the sponsors personally. I know they pay the bills blah blah but they're not doing that out of the goodness of their heart either. Those companies seem to give their tickets out to all and sundry based on friend and family connections to their business, largely to people with only a passing interest in seeing a big event. Almost by definition the clubs are going to be giving their tickets to people who should be entitled to them. That isn't true of Centra or Guinness, and I suspect that's where the touts ate getting them as well. The allocation is gigantic and a lot who get them probably pass them on to touts just to make a few Bob for themselves.

That's at least eight people who might otherwise have been sitting adjacent whose day has been saved and they'll never even know it.
    PTH2009 wrote: »

Jaysus, how many people had the moment of panic? "oh fcuk it, of all the places in the stadi...oh thank fcuk, someone is shifting him onward"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mate your a liar I directed 2 off this site and on this thread who got them. I've worked at county board level for 9 years. You must of sent 2 blind men

Any advice/directions on how I could get a ticket for my Dublin based uncle?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭Sono

I am looking for 1 stand ticket for the football final if anyone has any spare it would be very much appreciated(long shot I know!) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

A break down on where all of the AI final tickets go.

21272515_10156495815863056_3228451061874788889_n.jpg?oh=34c046628ecc018f21c540585cfec4d6&oe=5A55F56A

Some of those sections are so vague. What does provinces mean?

3rd level: what colleges? to lecturers or students?

Schools: which schools? Schools from competing counties or into the pockets of teachers and staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

21272515_10156495815863056_3228451061874788889_n.jpg?oh=34c046628ecc018f21c540585cfec4d6&oe=5A55F56A
    What are Term Tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Some of those sections are so vague. What does provinces mean?

3rd level: what colleges? to lecturers or students?

Schools: which schools? Schools from competing counties or into the pockets of teachers and staff.

Provincial councils eg Munster Gaa etc.

3rd level councils.

Second level schools body.

In other words the Gaa committees in these various areas. They're fully entitled to them if you ask me.

cocoman wrote: »
    What are Term Tickets?

Open to correction here but Croke Park used to offer long term tickets in the hogan and cusack stands ever before premium tickets were available. Some of these are still in operation but I think Croke Park are trying to phase them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I have 5 tickets sourced in the UK.

I am going to hawk them outside the Gresham from midday on Sunday onwards for well above the face value.....get in.

I have 5 tickets sourced in the UK.

I am going to hawk them outside the Gresham from midday on Sunday onwards for well above the face value.....get in.

You're a great lad, well done.

Although if you're there on Sunday you might find that demand for the camogie all irelands isn't as great as the demand that'll be around Sunday week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

You're a great lad, well done.

Although if you're there on Sunday you might find that demand for the camogie all irelands isn't as great as the demand that'll be around Sunday week.

Bugger....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Is a breakdown of the county allocation ever published?
    Would be interested to see how many tickets go to the counties in the final.

Is a breakdown of the county allocation ever published?
    Would be interested to see how many tickets go to the counties in the final.

It was published a couple of days ago that Mayo are allocated 16,500 tickets. I presume Dublin is the same.

Those tickets include season ticket holders and families I assume.

It seems like a small number to me. There's never enough to go around at club level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement