Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrorist attack in Finland

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

wakka12 wrote: »
    Islamic state have claimed responsibility for the attack in Russia , though the suspect is believed to have had mental health issues

They'll claim whatever they can. Doesn't mean that the culprit was a fully signed up member. If you're suicidal, mentally unstable and murderous then it's quite handy for them if you're also of Muslim extract in this day and age.
    Yes, but we also must question why so many of these mentally ill mass murderers in Europe are of Muslim extract

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Multiculturalism has nothing to do with it at all.
    It has everthing to do with this.
    You have different communities living in isolation from other communties.
    It's "Us V Them" and in this case you don't know "Them" enough to care about them.
    That and your religion probably has a lot of bad things to say other groups as well.
    But if most of these lads are raised in poverty with little opportunities in life, it's easy to see how they can become radicalised because the same happens the world over with other groups, just like white supremacists in the US.
    If that was the case then other groups brought up in poverty would be at risk of committing terrorist atrocities too.
    But that doesn't seem to happen, that and as another poster pointed out past terorists have come from middle class backgrounds and have been well educated.
    That and a study done of UK Muslims found that ghettoisation was not an issue.
    They found the reverse true, that the wealthier, better educated and more you were a minority in your community, the stronger your identity as a Muslims was.
    I'll see if I can dig out the link.
    If I was targeting impressionable people to do bullshi things, in order to advance a cause, people with mental health issues would be high on my agenda.
    Why do you think people with mental health issues, who probably won't work well in a group, might have issues focusing and who are much more likely to draw attention to themselves, are the best people to carry out these attacks?

Advertisement