Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrorist attack in Finland

Options
  • 18-08-2017 3:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭

At least one person was seen lying on the ground and others are reported to be hurt on Friday afternoon in downtown Turku, south-west Finland. Police say that several people have been stabbed and ask the public to avoid the area. A suspected assailant has been shot in the leg and detained.

I never thought Finland would be a target for an attack like this. Makes me reassess my preconceived idea that Ireland is not a target.

Condolences to the victims and their families.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Stockholm was targeted in April. Not to be sensationalist but everywhere on mainland Europe is a potential target, that's the grim reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

I'd hazard a guess that the attacker was a top-level scientist who definitely wasn't a Muslim...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Probably fishermen having a row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Visual ****ebuzz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I'd hazard a guess that the attacker was a top-level scientist who definitely wasn't a Muslim...:rolleyes:

I'd hazard a guess this thread will follow a boringly predictable path.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Probably fishermen having a row

Shouting Allah Ackbar? Aye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

FraR wrote: »
    I never thought Finland would be a target for an attack like this. Makes me reassess my preconceived idea that Ireland is not a target.

Condolences to the victims and their families.

If you are Christian or Jewish then you are a target for Muslim terrorists, all non-beleivers are known as Kafir and must be killed as is preached in the Islamic Holy Book the Quran. Being Finnish, Spanish, British or German etc. has nothing to do with it, as it is them against everyone else basically.

https://quran.com/9/5

I want a snack bar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Oh my god not another one!

Every major city seems to be fair game to these mad men - where will it end?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Finland have had issues before.

Didn't residents of a small town attempt to burn down a migrant centre after the rape and murder of a young local girl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

So is this going to be the new normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Poland or Hungary etc.. Don't have a problem with terrorism. Wonder why huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Notta Frinrand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I want a snack bar

No snack bar

Only Khlav Kalash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Doltanian wrote: »
    If you are Christian or Jewish then you are a target for Muslim terrorists, all non-beleivers are known as Kafir and must be killed as is preached in the Islamic Holy Book the Quran. Being Finnish, Spanish, British or German etc. has nothing to do with it, as it is them against everyone else basically.

https://quran.com/9/5

I'm hardly a defender of fundamentalist Islam but that passage is not applicable to Jews and Christians

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

I saw some very disturbing videos on twitter, it's only a matter of time before this happens in Ireland....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Poland or Hungary etc.. Don't have a problem with terrorism. Wonder why huh.

Seems all the previous experience of those Eastern Euro countries have with Islam in the past has seen them wisen up....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Ah, Finnish people are reporting that people were shouting "Watch Out" in Finnish in the videos and not Allah Snackbar but whatever....

Ah, Finnish people are reporting that people were shouting "Watch Out" in Finnish in the videos and not Allah Snackbar but whatever....

Khlav Kalash?

Khlav Kalash?
    https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/898545333222989825
    Shouts in this video:
    1st "...pois"= ..Get out
    2nd "Varo!"=Watch out (s.)
    3rd "Varokaa!" =Watch out (pl.)

• Advertisement

No snack bar

Only Khlav Kalash

No dice

I'm rubbing slices of ham over my chest with one hand whole drinking a pint of Guinness with the other as we speak.

Edit: And yes I'm typing with my nose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

So is this going to be the new normal?

Sadly I think it will unless we start taking a much tougher stance against these mad men:

Finnish tabloid Ilta-Sanomat said six people were injured, one man and five women, in the attack.
    Source

Looks like no one killed thankfully.

Here's the scary bit of that news article though:
    According to Finnish intelligence, around 70 Finnish adults had traveled to join ISIS in Iraq and Syria by the end of 2015.

No dice

I'm rubbing slices of ham over my chest with one hand whole drinking a pint of Guinness with the other as we speak.

If you were a lady, I could work with that.

But no dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Source

According to Finnish intelligence, around 70 Finnish adults had traveled to join ISIS in Iraq and Syria by the end of 2015.
    I very much doubt it is ethnic Finns travelling to join ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Source

Photos from the scene show one clearly dead person lying on the ground covered up.

If you were a lady, I could work with that.

But no dice.

Yeah it is a bit of a sausage fest in here isn't it.

Free pork sausages for all civil people in here

• Registered Users Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is any attack any where a terrorist attack these days ? even one fellow with a knife ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭LeBash

2smiggy wrote: »
    is any attack any where a terrorist attack these days ? even one fellow with a knife ?

Yup, shoot 4 in Ballymun and you're from some place called gang land. Stab 1 person and be brown and you're a terrorist

Advertisement