Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accounting technicians 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

jkbah wrote: »
    The revision workshops are well worth the investment. Found them very good. Tied up loose ends and learned a lot.

I didn’t find the business one great. Taxation was absolutely well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I'll probably buy the tax and accounting revision workshops as those are the ones I'm struggling with.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cats26

Tip we were given in relation to bm and law is to focus on sample papers as that's the pool thr examiner takes the questions from

• Registered Users Posts: 1 123ofr

Cats26 wrote: »
    Tip we were given in relation to bm and law is to focus on sample papers as that's the pool thr examiner takes the questions from

That’s not always the case. I did first year last year and nothing from the sample law papers came up in the exam, not even the compulsory question. There were lots of complaints. It might be different this year after the feedback from last year but I wouldn’t be focusing all my studies on sample papers.

A good bit of the business management was based on the sample papers tho.

Did anyone do the finincial accounting workshop today? I had booked in but my little fella was sick and my other half couldn’t get out of work. Raging as it’s the one subject where I literally don’t know my debits from my credits. I’m a lost cause I think

• Advertisement

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Did anyone do the finincial accounting workshop today? I had booked in but my little fella was sick and my other half couldn’t get out of work. Raging as it’s the one subject where I literally don’t know my debits from my credits. I’m a lost cause I think

Hope your little guy is feeling better.
    I didn't do the workshop but it will most likely be available to buy online on the website. I know there's one there already. They're 30 euro to download.
    I will probably end up doing it online too but wanted to see what the content is first. I'm struggling a bit with suspense accounts and account corrections. Trying to get my head around it but there's a few ones I keep getting caught on. And I haven't looked at non-profits yet......

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bridalmum

Hi everyone is anyone doing year 2? I have management to do in May. Can’t believe tomorrow I will only have 3 weeks left to revise. Lecturer won’t lead as to what to expect in paper or give any tips? Have yours ? This is my last exam for IATI so please feel free to message me any questions. I gave friends for FA in year 1 so happy to help ye if I can !

Anyone doing management accounting 2nd year in May? Would love to chat !!

I think defo the best way to revise is exam papers

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Yes. The business mgt one it's terrible. I feel asleep watching it. It's my most hated subject anyway. Still a fortnight to go. Can fit in a good bit before then. Hopefully!!

Feel like a headless chicken with bm, literally nothing going in. Wondering if I shd just chalk it down to a fail and concentrate on the other 3 and resign myself to the fact that I'll have to resit it in August

I hate business mgt!!! I'm trying to learn the last 3 chapters as best I can, take my two questions from section c. Hopefully get a bit of other stuff I can bull sh1t in in the other sections and scrape the 50%

• Advertisement

I hate business mgt!!! I'm trying to learn the last 3 chapters as best I can, take my two questions from section c. Hopefully get a bit of other stuff I can bull sh1t in in the other sections and scrape the 50%

It's the last 3 chapters I'm struggling with!! I'm struggling even to read it, I can't do the waffle!!

I think this is good advice too. The last 3 chapters are only 55 odd pages. If you only studied them and aced them that’s enough to pass! Realistically if you aim for 20/25 that’s 40%, you’d pick up 10% between the other 2 wquestions. I struggle with section B.
    Has anyone any tips for FA? I feel as it’s completely over my head. I’ve accepted the fact I’ll be repeating it but still want to give it my best shot.

Has anyone any tips for FA? I feel as it’s completely over my head. I’ve accepted the fact I’ll be repeating it but still want to give it my best shot.
    I've just done millions of questions and watched the revision workshops. Going to watch them again today and tomorrow and hope for the best, 🀞

I've just done millions of questions and watched the revision workshops. Going to watch them again today and tomorrow and hope for the best, 🀞

I personally think if you've done the questions out you'll be good. I spend last week doing just the theory. There's one full question and and a question in question 3 and a few 5 markers in other questions. My feeling is if I have the theory down you've a good chance of passing.

Theory is going to be my down fall. I'll give it my best shot

Theory is going to be my down fall. I'll give it my best shot

Spend the day going through past papers doing just the theory, it's quite repetative. You'll be surprised at how much of it you know. I just keep saying 50%, that's all we need. I'm trying not to panic about it cos I'll just freeze then.

Thanks for the replies guys, that’s my downfall.... panic is setting in

Good luck tomorrow everyone , I’m leaving super early Dublin traffic can be stressful at the best of times and I don’t need any more stress.

Best of luck everyone!! Plan on getting there early myself. I'm not too far from swords but just want to get there and settled!!

Good luck everyone and as another post says it only takes 50 to pass !

• Advertisement

How did you find FA? Didn't think it was so bad. Managed to avoid most theory. Hate BM with a passion, spent most of my time concentrating on FA so very little time for the rest.

I found it just ok. It’ll be a borderline pass if I do pass. I’m here studying BM and it’s stressful. When you break it down there is actually doycj to learn in it. I’ve 2 sample papers done though.

Hoping I passed, found question 2 difficult but trying not to dwell on it. I hate bm with a passion, there's soooo much in it and it's mostly bs!!

Anyone sitting year 2 management next Monday?

Nearly there!!! After yesterdays disaster I hope tomorrow will go better...fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭han2000

Cannot wait to have a day off! Best of luck tomorrow everyone :-)

Oh that taxation was a horrible paper. Nearly cried when I saw question 3. It’s hard to know what way law will go. We can get our lives back at 12:30 tomorrow. Best of luck

Results today! Hope everyone got on ok.
    I got a merit in all four subjects so was pretty happy.

Barely scrapped through tax.... 50%, tho tbh after that paper I'm overjoyed to have passed!! Got distinction in fa and merits in other 2. So happy not to have to study for the rest of the summer!!! Enjoy the celebrations!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭han2000

Two distinctions and two merits. Happy out! Now for another two months of relaxation :) Well done everyone!

Advertisement