Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Moto G5S - G5S+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Any negatives to purchasing this from Amazon.it? Any extra steps required on receipt of the phone?

2 prong charger, that's about it. My phone arrived with the dialogues in English, whereas a Samsung I purchased from Amazon.de, years back, would start up in German..

The camera is very mediocre, just so you know.. as far as I can tell, Lenovo have actually removed features since the phone's release. There was an option for slow motion video, but I think that's gone, along with some tweaking dials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Amalgam wrote: »
    2 prong charger, that's about it. My phone arrived with the dialogues in English, whereas a Samsung I purchased from Amazon.de, years back, would start up in German..

The camera is very mediocre, just so you know.. as far as I can tell, Lenovo have actually removed features since the phone's release. There was an option for slow motion video, but I think that's gone, along with some tweaking dials.

Thanks, I haven't done enough research on the phone yet, I was under the impression the camera was good, I'll research some more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone able to order off o2 UK for Moto g5. I can't put it my parcel motel address and it won't recognise it even when i put in postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Has anyone sourced an IE/UK charger for the Moto G5S/Moto G5S Plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

..for non Turbo charging, any micro USB charger will do, charge time will depend on the amperage of the charger.

Turbo charging, I would pick an Anker Quick charge 3.0 USB plug charger, for just over £10, or an Aukey branded charger, for about £8, from amazon.co.uk.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-Anker-PowerPort-Galaxy-Google-Black/dp/B017VXARME/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

Anyone experience dust issues in the camera lens of the g5s plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

So the g5s plus doesn't allow dual SIM with an SD card, but t g5 plus does allow dual SIM with an SD card...
    Very disappointed with the g5s plus for that. A step backwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Canceled my g5s plus order from Amazon.itand opted with eglobal as it's cheaper and my Amazon order was going nowhere in 4 days. Didn't even take my money. Hopefully I get it before Christmas as it's s gift

• Registered Users Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ordered off Amazon.it week last Monday, got email yesterday saying they are waiting for stock (presumed delivery date was today) - really pissed off, should have said at the time they were not in stock. Cancelled order.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Any recommendations for a leather flip case for the g5s plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

fritzelly wrote: »
    Ordered off Amazon.it week last Monday, got email yesterday saying they are waiting for stock (presumed delivery date was today) - really pissed off, should have said at the time they were not in stock. Cancelled order.

much the same here, got no notification of a delay until the day it was supposed to be delivered, cancelled also.

tis the time of year I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

lostcat wrote: »
    much the same here, got no notification of a delay until the day it was supposed to be delivered, cancelled also.

tis the time of year I suppose

Yup, really annoying, wanted something before Xmas and they waited 10 days nearly to tell me they don't have it. Really pissed me off
    Time of year my ass, they were looking for pre-order stock to get better price
    They're loss, gonna go for the Xiaomi 5s as soon as it's in stock in Europe
    Any one got good reviews of it, looks nice spec phone for the price?

I'm still on "packing and delivering soon" with eglobalcentral. Anyone else having the same issue? It's a Christmas present so should I cancel yet guys? They already too long the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bafled

Ordered a Blush Gold G5s plus from eglobal on Dec 4th and it arrived yesterday, that's the 3rd item I've ordered from eglobal and all arrived without a problem.

My eglobal order came for a g5s plus. Gift for someone so I naturally had to open it to see if all is well :P for €220ish, it seems a decent phone. I'm used to the S8 dimensions so the Moto feels so fat in width.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

For anyone with the G5s, whats the camera like? Is it quick?

Thanks

I have a G5S+ from eglobal. It came the other day and have had a change of mind for a gift. I'll be getting her a Samsung S8 instead.

The phone was opened and turned on once to have a sneaky go at it as I'm a tech geek then factory reset and out back in the box up until now.

Does anyone want it for €210 before I request a refund from eglobal? It can save us both effort and waiting time.

I'm located in Dublin 12. Willing to post at buyers expense. I'll likely be shipping it back to them mid next week if nobody is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Sorry, looking at the S rather than S plus myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I have a G5S+ from eglobal. It came the other day and have had a change of mind for a gift. I'll be getting her a Samsung S8 instead.

The phone was opened and turned on once to have a sneaky go at it as I'm a tech geek then factory reset and out back in the box up until now.

Does anyone want it for €210 before I request a refund from eglobal? It can save us both effort and waiting time.

I'm located in Dublin 12. Willing to post at buyers expense. I'll likely be shipping it back to them mid next week if nobody is interested.

I'd be interested if could arrange something today. PM'd

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Paulie Mac

I'd take it off your hands if it's still available. I'll pm you my details

• Advertisement

I ordered 2 G5S off Amazon on Nov 24th. With no delivery date I got on to customer service. They told me to cancel that order and re-order but phone had gone up by £40 each. They gave me a £150 giftcard for inconvenience.
    Last week still no despatch so ordered off Tesco as well as they were Xmas presents. Amazon and Tesco phones arrived last Friday. Returning Tesco phone as almost €200 more than i paid Amazon.
    Tesco return process is such a pain compared to Amazon. In the end it cost me €355 for 2 phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

MarkY91 wrote: »

Is this still available?

Phones been sold guys. Seemed like a decent phone by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

wheres best place get this phone? is that elobal reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭914

Either amazon.it or amazon.de that way you won't have an issue with delivery or returns

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Board.surf

Ended up buying a Huawei P10 lite for under 200 from amazon. Absolutely superior in every way!! Blown away by it for the price!

I think im gonna go for the g5s plus, if there handy way to use amazon italian site or anywhere somewhere better to purchase it since christmas.

https://www.amazon.it/Lenovo-PA6V0027IT-Smartphone-Memoria-Interna/dp/B0744VXT1B/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

badker wrote: »
    I think im gonna go for the g5s plus, if there handy way to use amazon italian site or anywhere somewhere better to purchase it since christmas.

https://www.amazon.it/Lenovo-PA6V0027IT-Smartphone-Memoria-Interna/dp/B0744VXT1B/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

If you use chrome you can translate the page to English

914 wrote: »
    If you use chrome you can translate the page to English

thanks for advise.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/motorola/moto-g5-plus.html#!colour=grey&capacity=32GB&dealType=sf

the english version of carphone warhouse has the moto g5s plus for £199.99

but people on reviews are saying its not dual sim version. Can anyone explain difference betwwen dual sim and single? is it worth extra hassle getting it off italy amazon for the dual sim version.

• Advertisement

badker wrote: »
    thanks for advise.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/motorola/moto-g5-plus.html#!colour=grey&capacity=32GB&dealType=sf

the english version of carphone warhouse has the moto g5s plus for £199.99

but people on reviews are saying its not dual sim version. Can anyone explain difference betwwen dual sim and single? is it worth extra hassle getting it off italy amazon for the dual sim version.

Dual sim means to can put in and use two sim cards. Single sim means you can only put in one and use one.

An example would be you can have a three sim card and a vodaphone sim card and use both networks.

Advertisement