Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 2 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benteke scores against Liverpool at angield almost every time he plays them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I'd already swapped out Darmien for Davies to avoid the price drop before I heard about Zaha's injury. I've can't decide whether to dump Zaha and take the -4 hit, I've enough cover on the bench but would like to avoid the price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

masterK wrote: »
    I'd already swapped out Darmien for Davies to avoid the price drop before I heard about Zaha's injury.  I've can't decide whether to dump Zaha and take the -4 hit, I've enough cover on the bench but would like to avoid the price drop.
    I think its best to avoiud price drops if at all possible at this stage, if you have soemone on your bench that should get you 3 points then I would go for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Zaha for Ramsey/Mooy/Wijnaldum/Tadic someone decide for me ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thinking of banking. Dont have any injuries, no price drops. Players have decent enough fixtures.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Thinking of banking. Dont have any injuries, no price drops. Players have decent enough fixtures.
    This was me last week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

For first time in 3 years I've gotten off to a decent start and don't want to tear apart my team after GW1!

Going to bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

threein99 wrote: »

I went for Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ramsey or Tadic. I've narrowed it down for you :pac:

• Advertisement

Why are people even considering wiji? Isn't eh a defensive mid for 7ml ?
    He is in a LOAD of teams in my work league
    Liverpool mid at 7ml I guess .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »

Yeah it's strange that alright, he wouldn't be on my radar at all. I suppose his good scoring record at home is enticing people to get him, not sure though.

D Hayes wrote: »
    I went for Ramsey.
    Ramsey or Tadic. I've narrowed it down for you :pac:

I was leaning towards these two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:
    Why are people even considering wiji? Isn't eh a defensive mid for 7ml ? He is in a LOAD of teams in my work league Liverpool mid at 7ml I guess .......

I wouldn't call him a defensive mid. If he's playing with Can and Henderson for example he'll probably get forward more than them 2. He's probably a better pick now with lallana injured as he can attack more.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

D Hayes wrote: »
    I went for Ramsey.
    Ramsey or Tadic. I've narrowed it down for  you :pac:

I was leaning towards these two :D
    what about arnoutiovic

cremeegg wrote: »
    what about arnoutiovic

Wouldn't touch any West Ham players based on performance v United tbh. Would want to see how they do this week to assess them.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't touch any West Ham players based on performance v United tbh. Would want to see how they do this week to assess them.

They start with three away games too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Zaha out. Arnautovic in. Bit mad but he might produce

FT already used to get rid of fab for Mooye freeing up 1.5

That allows gabbi for firmino if i so wish BUT I'd then be left with zaha and he will likely drop to 6.9 meaning a straight swop for Ramsey etc can't be done
    But if I wait I still won't be able to afford both
    Tough one

I've no pool players btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

That allows gabbi for firmino if i so wish BUT I'd then be left with zaha and he will likely drop to 6.9 meaning a straight swop for Ramsey etc can't be done
    Tough one

I've no pool players btw

Tough one km79, if I were you I'd get Liverpool coverage asap though. Although it's a minefield who'll get the points, Firmino seems the best option straight swap for Gabbiadini.

A -8 at this stage of the season isn't that bad if your transfers are right. It was a very high average last week as a season opener, -8 to get yourself set up for the next couple GW's would be best then to leave Zaha go down in value on the bench IMO. Best to swap Ramsey in for Zaha right now or 7.0 equivalent

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He isn't a bad option but not the type of mid I ever go for. He got 6 goals and 9 assists last year. He more or less plays the role pogba plays for utd. I only see pogba playing advanced in the tough games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tough one

I've no pool players btw

I took the -8 to get rid of Iwobi and get Ramsey and Firmino and much happier with my team now. Good chance Firmino could outscore Gabbi by 8 points on his own.

I took the -8 to get rid of Iwobi and get Ramsey and Firmino and much happier with my team now. Good chance Firmino could outscore Gabbi by 8 points on his own.

I'm eothwr taking no hit or 8 point for this reason
    4 pt leaves me back at square one next week
    8 point may allow me to bank and have an extra transfer going into int break and save WC for a few more weeks

I'm talking myself into it !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

It was a very high average last week as a season opener

Am I the only one who loves a high scoring opening week? It's quite frustrating to see the 100's if not 1,000's of players that started in GW2+ and are ahead of you all season... I've never finished high enough to have the same rank for GW1 and Overall. This is the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right.

I'm not yet prepared to reverse my Kane + Van La Parra to Mounié + Alli. And this Spurs sideways move before meeting Chelsea for -4 sounds pointless.

But VLP probably has to go. I don't know why he only featured 4 min despite playing during the pre-season games and find it hard to find info about him and what happened in GW1.

So. I have £5.0m for a mid. And there seems to be no one interesting.

Looks like I'm better playing 4-3-3 with Mee home to WB (Bailly away to Swansea, Cédric home to WH & Alex-Arnold home to Palace) than another doubtful gamble on a £5.0m mid or a sideways -4? Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Right.

I'm not yet prepared to reverse my Kane + Van La Parra to Mounié + Alli. And this Spurs sideways move before meeting Chelsea for -4 sounds pointless.

But VLP probably has to go. I don't know why he only featured 4 min despite playing during the pre-season games and find it hard to find info about him and what happened in GW1.

So. I have £5.0m for a mid. And there seems to be no one interesting.

Looks like I'm better playing 4-3-3 with Mee home to WB (Bailly away to Swansea, Cédric home to WH & Alex-Arnold home to Palace) than another doubtful gamble on a £5.0m mid or a sideways -4? Right?

Atsu Newcastle could be worth a punt.

Zaha now red flagged
    Still 56% towards a drop
    Imagine he will still drop tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Atsu

Bless you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Zaha out and after rolling the dice I've landed on Tadic as his replacement, let's see how that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

8 point may allow me to bank and have an extra transfer going into int break and save WC for a few more weeks

I'd wait till as late as possible tonight and if it still looks like Zaha is going to drop in price, I'd be taking the -8.
    Personally I hate losing team value, especially this early in the season, every .1 dropped/gained can make a big difference

I'd wait till as late as possible tonight and if it still looks like Zaha is going to drop in price, I'd be taking the -8.
    Personally I hate losing team value, especially this early in the season, every .1 dropped/gained can make a big difference
    Trippier now apparently heading towards a drop now too makes me inclined to hold Gabbi and maybe use the cash to get him before a plumber home game against Burnley.........decisions decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

What's the story with mane? Will he start tomorrow? What 7m forward would you go for to replace chicarito? After west ham last wk thinking of getting rid of him

Atsu Newcastle could be worth a punt.

He was good against Spurs, I had my eye on him. Seems to have improved from his time at Everton as he wasn't great for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He was good against Spurs, I had my eye on him. Seems to have improved from his time at Everton as he wasn't great for us.

I brought Atsu this week to free up funds to buy Lukaku. He rotates well with Carroll off Swansea. I think they are the 2 best cheap midfielders at the moment.

Fixtures are: hud WHU NEW STK WAT for next 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

j timber wrote: »
    What's the story with mane? Will he start tomorrow? What 7m forward would you go for to replace chicarito? After west ham last wk thinking of getting rid of him

Was just thinking about chicarito myself. Might hold onto him for another week though. Already swapped out Zaha for Ramsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Has Kane to Lukaku been discussed? And for a hit?

Chesty08 wrote: »

Don't do it.

End of discussion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Zaha out and after rolling the dice I've landed on Tadic as his replacement, let's see how that works.
    Same move as me, hope it works now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Chicarito to Firmino worth a -4 this week?
    Palace looked shocking at the back against Huddersfield. Already have Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Don't do it.

End of discussion :pac:
    Sarcasm? Or why not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Zaha to Mooy done. Was a lottery of the £7m players to get and no doubt I'll get it wrong and go cheaper !!

Zaha looks unlikely to drop now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

j timber wrote: »
    What's the story with mane?

Extra day rest after two games in quick succession post-injury return.

In other words; he's grand and will start against Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

I'd be sticking with lukaku obviously you could have the two but I'm happy with not having Kane and just having Alli from spurs, that however could change pretty quickly once august is out :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

any opinions?...really confused on who to put captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Lukaku for me - Swansea were incredibly lucky not to concede against Southampton. They'll offer up plenty of chances to Utd, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

KDB->Eriksen, was very impressed with Eriksen preseason and indeed in their first game. A bit sorry I didn't go with him from the get go. Still have Jesus for City cover

manual_man wrote: »
    KDB->Eriksen, was very impressed with Eriksen preseason and indeed in their first game. A bit sorry I didn't go with him from the get go. Still have Jesus for City cover

Yeah, am also considering this. Only thing stopping me is that I'd fancy city to score more than spurs this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dónal wrote: »
    Yeah, am also considering this. Only thing stopping me is that I'd fancy city to score more than spurs this week.

Everton have been a little bit of a bogey team for City. The move could go either way really! Let's see what Chelsea side turn up against Spurs also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dont forget that Simon Cowells new show starts in London this weekend - The W factor

*Wembley

Sitting down to look it now properly
    FT used fabregas to mooye 1.5 ITB
    Team currently 433
    De Gea (Elliot )
    Yoshida mee hegazi DANN (long )
    Pogba mooye kdb (Carroll zaha )
    Lukaku Kane gabbi

So
    3 choices
    1 . Make no change and suck up price drop on zaha - probably 2 price drops cos if I don't take a hit I will not be making an early move next week either .
    Choose either Dann or Carroll to play.
    Would be Dann due to polls inability to defend set pieces

2 . -4 Zaha to Ramsey . Don't play Dann . 1.5 remains ITB with a view to upgrading Gabbi but firmino will be out of reach by .1
    Of gabbi were to deliver I could look at Dann to trippier next week instead

3. -8 gabbi to firmino along with zaha to Ramsey . Avoid price drops and catch price rises
    Leave me option to bank and carry a transfer into int break ........

Let's have a vote
    :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement