Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 2 transfers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

km79 wrote: »
    I can't see myself getting past first int break without wildcarding now . I had planned /hoped on waiting longer this year and using it in a Friday night gameweek

And if I am going early prob makes no sense to take a hit this week
    Now if Pogba and Kane bomb big time I will have an even bigger decision to make

I'm worried about Kane making a slow start again. It was either him, or Jesus/Aguero with the balance put elsewhere. A front three of Lukaku, Kane, and Firmino is too good to look at though!! :pac:

Again, Holding is my only issue, but they have Stoke next. Surely one game doesn't make a bad player? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Guffy

Who to bring in for Cahill? Wouldnt mind freeing up some cash too. Have cedric, walker, mee and lejuene (also 3 united players).

Do ye think i can keep Willian another week thanks to fab red or will there be a prive drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Guffy wrote: »
    Who to bring in for Cahill? Wouldnt mind freeing up some cash too. Have cedric, walker, mee and lejuene (also 3 united players).

Do ye think i can keep Willian another week thanks to fab red or will there be a prive drop?
    Willian is more likely to go up than down
    Tbh you could downgrade Cahill to a 4 ml defender with that defence
    Or a 4.5 if you want 5 starters

Willian returned 6 points so I doubt there'll be a rush to transfer him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Batshuayi out!
    Fitminho in!

Should have listened to advise in the other thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

See who starts for Man U today, there might be a Cahill replacement there.

There's no reason why Willian would drop in price because Fabregas got sent off.

Benimar wrote: »

See who starts for Man U today, there might be a Cahill replacement there.

There's no reason why Willian would drop in price because Fabregas got sent off.
    He has 3 united

• Registered Users Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Milner out for sure!
    In comes..........

Twitter rumours that zaha is a doubt for pool game
    This is turning into a disaster

Ya i didnt think willian would drop. I had planned to transfer him out this week before game started chels midfielders due back but given the red and the performance ivrhink im safe. Can't imagine his price going up though.

Any 4m def whos price is pretty safe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

KevIRL wrote: »
    Free Hit activated

What does the Free Hit do?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Depending on Kane's performance today, I'm contemplating him to Mounie. It frees up so much money to upgrade my mids, but, more importantly, it allows me to say "Show me the Mounie".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

km79 wrote: »
    He scored more than mbappe in France last year and 4 in preseason
    Why oh why did I got with that other flute

He had twice the playing time as mbappe , I had him yest though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

I watched the game yesterday, Willian was very lively and always looked like he could create something, I will be keeping him in based on that performance and I'd expect him to link up well with Morata!

Why are people suggesting tge use of free hit? Surely it would be better to save it for a double game week. If you need to overhaul use the wc otherwise your team will just go back to norm the following week.

Why are people suggesting tge use of free hit? Surely it would be better to save it for a double game week. If you need to overhaul use the wc otherwise your team will just go back to norm the following week.
    Agree with this fully
    I had hoped to hang onto wildcard till around second int break this year
    I would normally use it gw4
    I'm now wondering whether I'll just use it this week as I've never had this many issues gw1

Agree with this fully
    I had hoped to hang onto wildcard till around second int break this year
    I would normally use it gw4
    I'm now wondering whether I'll just use it this week as I've never had this many issues gw1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

What do people think about De Bruyne? He looked decent yesterday but Silva was excellent and is much cheaper, might be a good alternative!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

tony1980 wrote:
    What do people think about De Bruyne? He looked decent yesterday but Silvia was excellent and is much cheaper, might be a good alternative!

I'm living far beyond my means and looking to this switch.

What did people.think of Bernardo Silva, sterling or sane when they came on.

Could City MF be a minefield for rotation other than KDB?

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm living far beyond my means and looking to this switch.

What did people.think of Bernardo Silva, sterling or sane when they came on.

Could City MF be a minefield for rotation other than KDB?

In a word yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It frees up so much money to upgrade my mids, but, more importantly, it allows me to say "Show me the Mounie".

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Big Borg wrote: »
    What does the Free Hit do?

Make unlimited transfers to you team for a single game week at the next deadline your bank balance and squad is restored to as they were at the previous deadline, with any player price changes in the previous gameweek reflected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

liking walker-peters at 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

racso1975 wrote: »
    liking walker-peters at 4.5

Thinking the same myself. How long is trippier out for?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Thinking the same myself. How long is trippier out for?

Not long!

K so an injury amd a red means i may have to wc... possibly.

Question. The prices go up tomorrow? If i transfer in players likely to go up in price do i keep the increase if i transfer them back out later in week or does it have to be in gw 3 transfers? Does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

K so an injury amd a red means i may have to wc... possibly.

Question. The prices go up tomorrow? If i transfer in players likely to go up in price do i keep the increase if i transfer them back out later in week or does it have to be in gw 3 transfers? Does that make sense?
    Prices could go up any night. You might see it starting tonight (Xhaka) but probably not.

I would have to question whether an injury and a red means you have to wildcard. How does the rest of your team look? Could you make one transfer and use a player from the bench? Would 2 (possibly even 3) transfers make your team look perfectly ok again after a hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

As someone who took a few risks at the back to save space for big hitting attackers (that bar Salah have failed to do the business just yet) do you think Holding or Darmian would be a bigger priority to get rid of this week?

Holding was very poor on Friday and may lose his place but Darmian doesn't even have one right now to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Looking to swap Cahill for Stones. Think there is a good chance of clean sheets for the next two games and cant see Pep benching him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Heaton Elliot
    Jones Yoshida LeJeune (Mee Mariapa)
    Mane Fabregas Zaha, Iwobi, Carroll
    Jesus Lukaku Kane.
    Well lads to wildcard or not? Lejeune injured, Mariapa, Iwobi not in favour, Fabregas suspended, Zaha possible injury.

Advertisement