Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 2 transfers

Comments

threein99 wrote: »
    Is Can not more defensive minded ?

Not any more or less than Wijnaldum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Zaha and Dann out for cresswell and Ramsey will be steering clear of palace for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GeordieRebel

What do we think about Darmian? Is it worth the extra week to see if he gets in? I don't have to start him but a 5.5m defender on the bench is a waste. Didn't start the last day and could be downgraded for Jones?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

What do we think about Darmian? Is it worth the extra week to see if he gets in? I don't have to start him but a 5.5m defender on the bench is a waste. Didn't start the last day and could be downgraded for Jones?

I did Darmian -> Jones yesterday. Was surprised blind got in ahead of him but was always a bit dodgy. As is Jones but I guess I don't learn my lesson. Taking GW1 into account Jones is best cheaper option into united defence IMO. I see Jose sticking with him and Bailly if he can stay fit. Which admittedly is an if so big it can be see from space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can't see why United would make changes at the weekend. Bar selection issues I can see them being unchanged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Anyone getting an error when trying to transfer on the iPhone app??

I want to get rid of Gabbi to Firmino but I only have .5m in the bank. I'm thinking Ritchie to RLC and Gabbi to Firmino which is -4 and leaves the .5m.

Any other decent midfielders for 5m or cheaper? My mf is currently KDB, Salah, Willian, Carroll and Ritchie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Had decided on Mooy and Vardy for Zaha and Gabby but Vardy rose to 8.6m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

About to do Gabbi to Firmino, he shall never set foot in my team again.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Have Milner hold or sell? Another sub appearance in Cl qualifier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

About to do Gabbi to Firmino, he shall never set foot in my team again.

This I was burnt last year. Keeping well away this year unless....DGW ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Had Gabbi in a load of drafts myself and in the end decided against. His fixtures were so good though that I felt a Southampton attacker was necessary. Enter Tadic, the greatest heartbreaker in FF imo. A lad who, when you are watching him, looks like he could end with a 15-20 point haul in a game, yet he ALWAYS manages to pick up measly 1,2,3 pointers. Gabbi is only an apprentice to the real Southampton troll master!!

** I will be sticking by the troll for a few weeks yet as he has nice fixtures :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

On Gabbiadini. I have him and selling him for Aguero, Like for Like :p

But Southampton Player Harrison Reed has Stephens, Redmond and Gabbiadini in his Fantasy Team

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/2089945/event/1

No transfers made for the week yet though. I'm still hoping Austin gets to start going forward.

Reed is on loan at Norwich and is in their club league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Brady in for Zaha done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

shineon23 wrote: »
    On Gabbiadini. I have him and selling him for Aguero, Like for Like :p

But Southampton Player Harrison Reed has Stephens, Redmond and Gabbiadini in his Fantasy Team

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/2089945/event/1

No transfers made for the week yet though. I'm still hoping Austin gets to start going forward.

Reed is on loan at Norwich and is in their club league.

You can only see his recent team (last week team) and number of transfers made this week. You won't see his actual team for the next week anyway.

wonski wrote: »
    You can only see his recent team (last week team) and number of transfers made this week. You won't see his actual team for the next week anyway.

Yeah I just meant, Reed hasn't taken him out yet anyway and must have rated Gabbi's chances of gametime last week.
    And I presume he thinks Gabbi would be getting a bit of gametime in the run of games starting the season. So a decent guide as to the 3 Southampton players he has picked in that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Yeah I just meant, Reed hasn't taken him out yet anyway and must have rated Gabbi's chances of gametime last week.
    And I presume he thinks Gabbi would be getting a bit of gametime in the run of games starting the season. So a decent guide as to the 3 Southampton players he has picked in that way.

He can make transfers on Saturday morning.

He picked 3 Southampton players just to be nice for all we know tbh.

wonski wrote: »
    He can make transfers on Saturday morning.

He picked 3 Southampton players just to be nice for all we know tbh.

And that's why I said didn't make any transfer yet.

For all we know it's not even him at all,
    but if it is he should have a better insight into Southampton's starting eleven than anyone on here, unless they are contracted to the club also.

I couldn't see the logic myself in picking 3 players and starting them just to be nice in an otherwise strong team for the week where he scored 76 points.

Just thought it was an interesting bit of information for anyone who have bigger problems with injuries/suspensions than having to sell Gabbiadini this week but maybe not in other's eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

One of my mantras this year was "don't be stubborn." So I have the troll Gabby because of his fixtures and pre-season form. Week one was disappointing but I'm still surprised at the numbers transferring him out. Surely when you pick your squad at the start of the game it's for 2,3,4 or even 5 games, not one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mooy in for Zaha.

Not the most exciting transfer ever but don't fancy losing value on Zaha tonight and the 1.5m ITB will come in handy in the not too distant future.

Might be starting GW2 with 2 Huddersfield players in my team :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

One of my mantras this year was "don't be stubborn." So I have the troll Gabby because of his fixtures and pre-season form. Week one was disappointing but I'm still surprised at the numbers transferring him out. Surely when you pick your squad at the start of the game it's for 2,3,4 or even 5 games, not one.
    I'm reluctantly going to stick unless we hear he is a doubt to start
    But I'll be loathe to lose a penny on him so he may make way early next week although I'd like to bank a transfer going into gw4 so a hit this week may yet happen
    Oops forgot about zaha :D
    Still praying he will be OK even for next week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Zaha is out for a month at least

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Zaha is out for a month at least
    Confirmed ? Every article and report stems from one person so far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Mooy in for Zaha.

Not the most exciting transfer ever but don't fancy losing value on Zaha tonight and the 1.5m ITB will come in handy in the not too distant future.

Might be starting GW2 with 2 Huddersfield players in my team :eek:

Same transfer.

Leaves me with a weak looking midfield of:
    Mane - Phillips - Mooy - JWP - (Carroll).

Decent fixtures for them this week, but I'll need to review options after the GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

km79 wrote: »
    But I'll be loathe to lose a penny on him so he may make way early next week although I'd like to bank a transfer going into gw4 so a hit this week may yet happen

Don't get me wrong, if he doesn't start this weekend he's the first out the door (for Austin if he DOES start) but I could stomach a 0.1 loss for another week if I think he has the fixtures and a starting place.

Don't get me wrong, if he doesn't start this weekend he's the first out the door (for Austin if he DOES start) but I could stomach a 0.1 loss for another week if I think he has the fixtures and a starting place.
    Press conference 2pm today .......doubt we will learn anything but ya never know !
    It seems palace won't have one till tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Physioroom has 10th of september, they are usually very accurate from my experience

AnneFrank wrote: »

Physioroom has 10th of september, they are usually very accurate from my experience[/quote
    thats still all based on one reporters info though
    I expect he will be ruled out but he has not been officially by FDB yet

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

PhysioRoom is Dinnery, for those who hang on his every word

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Eriksen is due to rise tonight and this really puts a spanner in the works.

Trying to avoid kneejerking for a -4 but Eriksen is showing all the signs of becoming a must-have.

Most shots on target & crosses of any midfielder last week, and as nailed on a starter as they come.

• Advertisement

PVA wrote: »

Trying to avoid kneejerking for a -4 but Eriksen is showing all the signs of becoming a must-have.

Most shots on target & crosses of any midfielder last week, and as nailed on a starter as they come.

What website has Eriksen due to rise?

He's 85.9% to rise on FPLS now, and there were three players over 100% last night and they didn't rise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

What website has Eriksen due to rise?

He's 85.9% to rise on FPLS now, and there were three players over 100% last night and they didn't rise.

107% on FISO and 94% on FFF (marked to rise tonight). Is FPLS seen as the most accurate to track rises?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Siggy to start for Everton?

107% on FISO and 94% on FFF (marked to rise tonight). Is FPLS seen as the most accurate to track rises?

I though FPLS was accurate last season but it's been a bit of a mixed bag so far this week. Will check the others out, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Unlikely to start v man city. Would possibly start v chelsea on Sunday week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Do the price change sites not always take a week or so to get the thresholds right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Potentiallyy won't start this weekend, will be a slight rotation/early substitution risk with Rooney, Klaasen, TDavies and Mirallas and Everton don't have a nice fixture till GW6.

I'm staying well away!

Thinking of going Salah to Mane. Mane played very well Wednesday night without scoring but I can see him having a great season. Salah hasn't started as well but is getting a lot of adorable chances.

Should I do the transfer or keep until next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

hefferboi wrote: »
    Thinking of going Salah to Mane. Mane played very well Wednesday night without scoring but I can see him having a great season. Salah hasn't started as well but is getting a lot of adorable chances.

you should probably look at the injuries thread....apparently Mane didnt train today.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

scotchy wrote: »
    you should probably look at the injuries thread....apparently Mane didnt train today.

Theres a post in injuries just now saying he didnt train today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Do the price change sites not always take a week or so to get the thresholds right?

Fffix have a statement up saying they are using last year's factors for the first week till they learn what is the factor for this season, most of the risers are close to 150% I think before rising

• Advertisement

scotchy wrote: »

Just checked on Twitter. That's that sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Iwobi was my only non starter last week.

Just did xhaka to iwobi purely on his % transfers in this week. Considered Matic for a while as united look excellent.

Ugh. We will see. Will take a lot to top last week. Too many punts worked out, that won't happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Robbie Brady had the most successful crosses of midfielders I believe with 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭COH

Looks like a sideways Zaha > Ramsey for me. Would have been happy enough to bench Zaha but for his impending drop in value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Salah got 11 points in GW1 vs Mane's 6? :confused::confused:

Salah got 11 points in GW1 vs Mane's 6? :confused::confused:

Mane has played better imo. Looked a bigger threat in both games. He was arguably motm on Wednesday night and I believe he'll be better long term barring injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mane has played better imo. Looked a bigger threat in both games. He was arguably motm on Wednesday night and I believe he'll be better long term barring injuries.

I completely agree with you on this tbh, but if you have other area's to strengten first I think it's better to do that. You have the liverpool coverage. Mane probably will outscore Salah over the course of the season but I wouldn't be throwing away my one transfer on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Was thinking of going Benteke - Mounie but not sure, If I stick for this week I can go Danilo> Hegazi and benteke > Vardy next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was thinking of going Benteke - Mounie but not sure, If I stick for this week I can go Danilo> Hegazi and benteke > Vardy next week.

I'd hold Benteke if I was you....he could thrive against Lovern & co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I'd hold Benteke if I was you....he could thrive against Lovern & co.

I second this. Liverpools failure to defend could see Benteke net. He's worth a hold this week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement