Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

banie01 wrote: »
    Couple of weeks into owning mine now and must say I bloody love it.

Is there an option for using zoom in live flight other than SAR mode?
    Got to keep an eye out for some batteries too if I keep using it as often as I am, the auto tracking in particular is great craic!

I agree, ive only flown mine once but it was great fun.

What is SAR mode?

When you say tracking mode, do you mean the "follow me" feature? Does it work well?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

My FIMI was shipped today fromm Banggood. I'm in two minds about keeping it or selling it.
    I will be checking the package with the courier standing at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Suckit wrote: »
    My FIMI was shipped today fromm Banggood. I'm in two minds about keeping it or selling it.
    I will be checking the package with the courier standing at the door.
    What date did you order? Mine has been sitting in processing for what feels like an eternity! (though it's probably only been a week or so)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

What is SAR mode?
    Its one of the flight modes available, it overlays the display with GPS coordinates and allows a 3x zoom on the camera.
    I have yet to actually spend any time RTFM ;) so I was hopeful someone else had tried some of the other flight/camera control modes.
    When you say tracking mode, do you mean the "follow me" feature? Does it work well?

Reasonably well, I've only tried it for @10 minutes or so tho.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    What date did you order? Mine has been sitting in processing for what feels like an eternity! (though it's probably only been a week or so)
    Late. I was sure I didn't want/need another drone. Gave in after the promo finished :(
    I ordered on the 1st of May. Hoping they honour the topcashback that has been pending for almost 3½ months.

• Advertisement

Here's my 1st flight lads, shot in 4k and available on YouTube in 4k.... eventually.

I only went 3kms with it, didn't want to push my luck

I'm so impressed with this drone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Stop touching yourself

Hello,

I received my drone 2 weeks ago and updated the software on the Fimi Navi 2020 app last week- at first I had one or two incidents where it said 'gimbal not ready' but I recalibrated the gimbal and it was fine at first.

But now I get the message 'gimbal not ready' every time when I start up, but when I try to recalibrate it, it gets to 45% then the message ''drone vibration detected, please keep it steady' and does not proceed beyond 45%.

I checked the IMU and it is ok, and I recalibrated the compass too but I cannot get the gimbal to work. The drone is only 2 weeks old and I have contacted fimi but so far no response.

Please help!

You may just need to uninstall the FIMI app and reinstall it.
    More information here (referring to the original X8 - but likely same app issue) - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=41576699&postcount=2137

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Stop touching yourself

You may just need to uninstall the FIMI app and reinstall it.
    More information here (referring to the original X8 - but likely same app issue) - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=41576699&postcount=2137

I tried that unfortunately, no joy. I waited over 20 mins for the 'gimbal not ready' alert to disappear but nothing.

I also tried reinstalling the app, that didn't work...I'm ready to tear my hair out! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Late. I was sure I didn't want/need another drone. Gave in after the promo finished :(
    I ordered on the 1st of May. Hoping they honour the topcashback that has been pending for almost 3½ months.

Hiya,

did you get the "ship by aug 15th" email from banggood?

just wondering if anyone else that got that email has had theirs shipped yet?

my order was may 25th and got the aug 15th email

I have a hardshell backpack, landing pad, gimbal cover & antenna boosters on the way from various sources plus once the drone ships I;ll order the USD1 spare props on bg

• Advertisement

Hiya,

did you get the "ship by aug 15th" email from banggood?

just wondering if anyone else that got that email has had theirs shipped yet?

my order was may 25th and got the aug 15th email

I have a hardshell backpack, landing pad, gimbal cover & antenna boosters on the way from various sources plus once the drone ships I;ll order the USD1 spare props on bg

Yep. I got the ship by May 15, June 15, July 14 and August 15.

I contacted Topcashback the other day to see if it was still valid as it was similarly priced with cashback from aliexpress, that might have pushed it forward a little. Banggood still haven't replied in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Yep. I got the ship by May 15, June 15, July 14 and August 15.

thanks.

I'm hoping my order updates in the next day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭jamesd

Mine was ordered 30th April and shipped yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Mine was ordered on 22nd April, shipped on 20th July.... and went missing in the UK on the 22nd. Nothing since.

Banggood will do nothing until it's missing for 40 days. Now what happens if they have no stock left when the 40 days are up at the start of September? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

where is the recommended place to order a fimi x8 se 2020?

BArra wrote: »
    where is the recommended place to order a fimi x8 se 2020?

Anywhere but Banggood! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

hah, good to know

so gearbest, aliexpress

anywhere else?

hah, good to know

so gearbest, aliexpress

anywhere else?

Aliexpress seem to be getting the best results, better packed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

banie01 wrote: »
    Couple of weeks into owning mine now and must say I bloody love it.

Is there an option for using zoom in live flight other than SAR mode?
    Got to keep an eye out for some batteries too if I keep using it as often as I am, the auto tracking in particular is great craic!

Just to let you know they have batteries in the Czech Warehouse on Bangood for €60 with less than a week delivery

I received my $1 props today. Just over 3 week delivery which was good.

Tweaky wrote: »
    Just to let you know they have batteries in the Czech Warehouse on Bangood for €60 with less than a week delivery

I received my $1 props today. Just over 3 week delivery which was good.

Thanks for posting this Tweaky

Did you order the $1 props from the BG Czech warehouse too?

• Advertisement

Thanks for posting this Tweaky

Did you order the $1 props from the BG Czech warehouse too?

The props were from the China warehouse. I purchased them using the voucher they sent for the delay in shipping my order. I got it a couple of days after my order shipped.

Tweaky wrote: »
    The props were from the China warehouse. I purchased them using the voucher they sent for the delay in shipping my order. I got it a couple of days after my order shipped.

Do you happen to have a link for the battery?

Can find it on BG from the CZ warehouse

Do you happen to have a link for the battery?

Can find it on BG from the CZ warehouse

https://www.banggood.com/FIMI-X8-SE-RC-Quadcopter-Spare-Parts-11_4V-4500mAh-Lipo-Battery-p-1436271.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CZ

Try this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

So after 3 months and 16 days...this finally arrived today!

Ordered on April 27th 2020, it finally shipped from ES warehouse on August 6th, and arrived in Ireland on August 12th. It came packaged like others from Banggood with just a black plastic wrapper. I might have been lucky but there was very little damage to the box.

I was one of the 'winners' of the presale draw so ended up getting this for about €278 (if I remember correctly).

Just had one flight this evening and was immediately very impressed with it, it's a sturdy unit with quite a bit of power. I had no issues with the setup, pairing, SD card etc. with iPhone and was ready to fly after about 15-20 mins.

IMG-1315.jpgIMG-1316.jpgIMG-1320.jpgIMG-1326.jpgIMG-1322.jpg

hah, good to know

so gearbest, aliexpress

anywhere else?
    Probably the official FIMI store on Aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000964223225.html with Topcashback https://www.topcashback.co.uk/aliexpress-uk/
    It should be around €330 delivered if no charges (contact store seller to ensure).

I wouldn't blame Banggood either, they could have dealt with it a bit better, but the initial fault wasn't theirs.
    It could have gone a lot worse, look at the the mess gearbest made with the Zino 2.

My Banggood order placed on Aug 5th has just been pushed out to August 23rd to ship :(

Jackobyte wrote: »
    My Banggood order placed on Aug 5th has just been pushed out to August 23rd to ship :(

That’s nothing, trust me!

NUTZZ wrote: »
    That’s nothing, trust me!
    Yeah, have been reading the 3 month horror stories here. Had wanted it for a September road trip though.

Anyone happen to be selling any accessories for the X8 before I put in an order online?

Batteries, gimbal protector, launch pad, bag etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭jamesd

My drone has made it to Belgium in 4 days, hopefully will be over here quickly enough.

Advertisement