Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

jamesd wrote: »
    My drone has made it to Belgium in 4 days, hopefully will be over here quickly enough.

Mine was a full 14 days in quarantine in Belgium, then took another week or so to make it from there over here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

My drone left the UK on the 15th, no sign of it yet. But it is being sent with GLS and I received another order from them today also from the UK (Screwfix), so I'm not sure it will appear today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

So nothing fancy, only my third flight with the new Fimi and decided to do an altitude test and got up above the clouds.

- pretty much unedited, apart from speed adjustment
    - very low light
    - extremely cloudy
    - recorded in the remote countryside in the middle of a wide open field
    - latest firmware installed

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

just off chat to bang-no-good :(

bad news for anyone still waiting
    Marc 22:17:34 
    As I can check for the order the item is still out of stock in Spain warehouse i suggest you to reorder the item from the other warehouse in which the item is available
    22:18:31 
    do you know when spain will get it in stock? I am aware some people have had their drones shipped in the past few weeks from spain
    they ordered a few weeks before me
    22:19:31 
    plus - if i reorder the price will be more expensive and i will also incur customs charges if i order from china
    I would rather wait for stock in spain
    Marc 22:20:58 
    i suggest you to purchase the tariff insurance with the order to avoid the customs charges
    22:21:19 
    no thanks - I'll wait for spain to restock
    Marc 22:21:56 
    Your understanding Would be highly appreciated.
    Is there anything else I can help you with?
    22:23:07 
    would it be possible to have this order given priority when spain gets the drone back in stock so it is sent asap?
    Marc 22:23:53 
    yaa suer, we will ship the order on priority basis when the item back top stock
    22:24:11 
    i ordered it for a brthday gift for this week. i'm now going to have to explain to a disappointed child why he is not getting his gift
    ok
    Marc 22:24:52 
    I'm really sorry for the inconvenience which you have faced due to this issue but we will try our best to make the delivery very soon
    22:25:00 
    k. thanks
    Marc 22:25:09 
    It is very appreciated if you can leave us your feedback by simply clicking the Thumb icon upper right corner to help to improve our service. Thank you and have a nice day!
    22:25:21
    yaa suer

disappointed child is me btw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭jamesd

My drone has made it to Belgium in 4 days, hopefully will be over here quickly enough.

Drone in Ireland now - only 1 day in Belgium.

Update: Out for delivery today.

Delivered - damm quick shipping.

Cheap drone now with the discount from the competition .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

NUTZZ wrote: »
    So after 3 months and 16 days...this finally arrived today!

Ordered on April 27th 2020, it finally shipped from ES warehouse on August 6th, and arrived in Ireland on August 12th. It came packaged like others from Banggood with just a black plastic wrapper. I might have been lucky but there was very little damage to the box.

I was one of the 'winners' of the presale draw so ended up getting this for about €278 (if I remember correctly).

Just had one flight this evening and was immediately very impressed with it, it's a sturdy unit with quite a bit of power. I had no issues with the setup, pairing, SD card etc. with iPhone and was ready to fly after about 15-20 mins.

IMG-1315.jpgIMG-1316.jpgIMG-1320.jpgIMG-1326.jpgIMG-1322.jpg

Did the charger come with a UK plug? How do I get it for €330 delivered guys?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

madmoe wrote: »
    Did the charger come with a UK plug? How do I get it for €330 delivered guys?

Thanks

No it came with a 2 pin European plug unfortunately, pretty sure I had selected a UK plug. But after 3 months of waiting for it, I certainly wasn't going to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Def_IRL

Anyone loose a drone over Dollymount strand, just spotted this notice on Twitter...

Finglas South First
    @ForLuas
    White Drone FoundPolice cars revolving light a large white drone found on Dollymount Strand (Bull Wall) Tues 18th Aug. inquiries to Clontarf Garda Station. #clontarf #drone #dollymount
    @IWSie

Def_IRL wrote: »
    Anyone loose a drone over Dollymount strand, just spotted this notice on Twitter...

Finglas South First
    @ForLuas
    White Drone FoundPolice cars revolving light a large white drone found on Dollymount Strand (Bull Wall) Tues 18th Aug. inquiries to Clontarf Garda Station. #clontarf #drone #dollymount
    @IWSie
    Wow. Pretty cool that it's up there.Hopefully owner will see it and get it back. Hopefully Tedpan, Delly etc. will add a lost/found sticky to the drones subforum which may help others.

My Fimi arrived today. Not had a chance to open the bag it arrived in or anything. I probably won't get to it until Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Def_IRL

Suckit wrote: »
    Wow. Pretty cool that it's up there.Hopefully owner will see it and get it back.

My Fimi arrived today. Not had a chance to open the bag it arrived in or anything. I probably won't get to it until Saturday.

Won't be much use if it's been in the tide though

• Advertisement

Def_IRL wrote: »
    Won't be much use if it's been in the tide though
    Maybe not. Nice to get it back though, and some salvageable parts if the pcb is ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I pulled the trigger on the 2020 FIMI X8 this morning, the code worked at 8am and came to €338 with shipping insurance.

It seems like too much bang for buck to pass up at this price, looking forward to getting my hands on it next month hopefully!

I ordered it today but no shipping insurance!? Is that needed? Surely if it's lost they will send out another one? I paid by PayPal so won't hesitate to raise a claim if they mess me around!

Do you by the FIMI care thingy? What does that do?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Mine just got shipped by Banggood. Ordered August 5th so not a terrible turnaround.

Woo hoo

21:20 Aug 21st
    Warehouse has started packing

About time - 3 month wait

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Suckit wrote: »
    Wow. Pretty cool that it's up there.Hopefully owner will see it and get it back. Hopefully Tedpan, Delly etc. will add a lost/found sticky to the drones subforum which may help others.

Thanks Suckit

Congrats on the arrival of the fimi, hopefully we can see some example footage!

Also, I've created a sticky in the drones forum as per your request. Hopefully this will help some owners to be reunited with their aircraft.

Cheers.

Woo hoo

21:20 Aug 21st
    Warehouse has started packing

About time - 3 month wait

Just got shipping notification - DHL Germany tracking

ETA Tue 1st Sept

Took my first flight, fairly windy here as always and I am amazed how good this drone is.
    Didn't use any of the fancy options, just auto take off and return to home and both worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I'm interested in getting my 1st drone soon. Have a couple of questions on the Fimi. I'm a total noob.

Is there much of a difference between the Fimi and Mavic Mini? There are around the same price.

Why does the Fimi take so long to come from China? I know all deliveries from China take ages, but it seems from this thread it takes months to even ship...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Is there much of a difference between the Fimi and Mavic Mini? There are around the same price.
    They're similarly priced, flight times are close although camera wise the fimi is slightly better with 4k. The fimi is more substantial in size which means better in wind. It also has 'follow me' which the mini lacks. The connectivity is also far better which means you can fly much further and experience less signal losses.

That being said, the mini is tiny but solid and also gives fantastic results. You can't beat it's portability too.

Why does the Fimi take so long to come from China? I know all deliveries from China take ages, but it seems from this thread it takes months to even ship...
    It's just released with backorders only being fulfilled now. I'm guessing the process will speed up in the coming months, although covid is still having a big affect, realistically 3-4 weeks at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Tweaky wrote: »
    Just to let you know they have batteries in the Czech Warehouse on Bangood for €60 with less than a week delivery

I received my $1 props today. Just over 3 week delivery which was good.

The week delivery thing hasn't come through for me. Almost 3 weeks waiting for it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    The week delivery thing hasn't come through for me. Almost 3 weeks waiting for it now

My battery delivery took exactly a week from the Czech warehouse. Surprised you are waiting over 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Got my battery within a week from the Czech store. Still waiting on Drone delivery plus 2 months now with Ali. Hope it’s here this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

How long did people find it took from “package has been sterilized and shipped” to showing up in the third party tracking tool? My tracking code is for Luxembourg Post according to generic tracking apps that try identify the code but it isn’t showing any data yet.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    How long did people find it took from “package has been sterilized and shipped” to showing up in the third party tracking tool? My tracking code is for Luxembourg Post according to generic tracking apps that try identify the code but it isn’t showing any data yet.

Shipping Info

Track NO:CQ000000000DE

ES Standard Shipping (11,78€ & 5 business days)

Germany

The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Track/History?item=CQ000000000DE)

Aug 25, 2020 14:51

The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

Aug 25, 2020 08:15

The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin

Aug 24, 2020 19:58

The shipment has been processed by the sender. You will receive further information as soon as the shipment is received by DHL.

Aug 23, 2020 00:01

Package has been sterilized and shipped out.

Aug 23, 2020 07:50

Our warehouse has started packing your items.

Aug 21, 2020 20:30

Order submit.

May 25, 2020 17:04

I also got the email today for the USD1 spare propellers..... Ordered too

Shipping Info

Track NO:CQ000000000DE

ES Standard Shipping (11,78€ & 5 business days)

Germany

The shipment will be transported to the destination country/destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Track/History?item=CQ000000000DE)

Aug 25, 2020 14:51

The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

Aug 25, 2020 08:15

The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin

Aug 24, 2020 19:58

The shipment has been processed by the sender. You will receive further information as soon as the shipment is received by DHL.

Aug 23, 2020 00:01

Package has been sterilized and shipped out.

Aug 23, 2020 07:50

Our warehouse has started packing your items.

Aug 21, 2020 20:30

Order submit.

May 25, 2020 17:04

From that tracking number and location it looks like they are sending from the Czech warehouse instead of spain now. Got a battery from the Czech warehouse last week and that was the same route.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

How much did the extra battery cost?

I also got the email today for the USD1 spare propellers..... Ordered too

Did this mail come after your drone was delivered or before ?

I got this mail but nothing else:

complain@banggood.com

Jul 15, 2020, 8:22 PM

to me

Dear Banggood customer,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for shopping with us.
    We are sorry for the lack of clear explanation on the rules for IUSD coupons after order A000092004300J7A shipped.

Please notice that you can order the item 1436269 with price USD1 if you use this coupon. (The coupon can only be used once)
    You can check more details about the item 1436269 as below link: https://www.banggood.com/FIMI-X8-SE-RC-Quadcopter-Spare-Parts-4PCS-Quick-release-Foldable-Propellers-p-1436269.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Please note: this email does not support reply, should you have any further requests or information, please do not hesitate to click the here to contact us

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    How much did the extra battery cost?

Battery was € 60 from the Czech warehouse plus about € 4 for shipping and insurance. They only have them in the China warehouse at the moment and that can take 4 weeks or more to come

• Advertisement

Did this mail come after your drone was delivered or before ?

I got this mail but nothing else:

complain@banggood.com

Jul 15, 2020, 8:22 PM

to me

Dear Banggood customer,

We are sorry for the lack of clear explanation on the rules for IUSD coupons after order A000092004300J7A shipped.

Please notice that you can order the item 1436269 with price USD1 if you use this coupon. (The coupon can only be used once)
    You can check more details about the item 1436269 as below link: https://www.banggood.com/FIMI-X8-SE-RC-Quadcopter-Spare-Parts-4PCS-Quick-release-Foldable-Propellers-p-1436269.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Please note: this email does not support reply, should you have any further requests or information, please do not hesitate to click the here to contact us

You should get a second email a few days after your item ships - mine was five days after . The email is like below - Check your spam maybe

Dear Banggood customer,

We are sorry for the delay restocked issue of item [1658676]Xiaomi FIMI X8 SE 2020 8KM FPV With 3-axis Gimbal 4K Camera HDR Video GPS 35mins Flight Time RC Drone Quadcopter RTF in your order A00009200XXXXXX

In order to provide a better service to you, we have arrange a coupon for you which can order item 1436269 with price USD1 if you use this coupon.

You can check the coupon via My coupons - Unused Coupons, please kindly note that the coupon can only use once and will be invalid after July 31,2020. You can copy the code and reorder this item before the coupon expires.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue and hope for your kind understanding.
    If there is any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to assist you.

Advertisement