Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Hi

I got that email back in July too.

Once the drone ships you are supposed to get the coupon automatically.
    I was impatient (after 3 mth wait for shipping) and contacted them via chat as soon as it shipped to ask about the coupon.
    I was asked to wait a few days.

fimi hasn't been delivered yet - only shipped over the weekend, estimated delivery as per the bg order is 1st sept :/

==================

@Tweaky - re post #1980 : I kinda suspected it wasn't ES warehouse too with germany tracking.
    Ottendorf-Okrilla to Cologne is latest update

Ottendorf-Okrilla is close to czech border so you could be right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Shipping Info

Track NO:CQ000000000DE

Aug 23, 2020 00:01

Package has been sterilized and shipped out.

So I followed up with Banggood on my order today after no updates. It turns out "Package has been sterilized and shipped out." doesn't actually mean it had been "shipped". :rolleyes: It has left the warehouse but not actually gone anywhere yet. They expect it to actually get actually shipped in the next 2 days. Load of shxte

bg site may not be showing updates
    I sometimes get "arrived in your country" alerts on aliexpress after a parcel is delivered :)

try your tracking number on dhl paket or dhl lux sites (if it's dhl) or check on https://postal.ninja/
    my tracking number worked on dhl lux - would prob work on .ie as well?

you may see this which just means the courier / postal service have been pre-advised on the parcel
    "The shipment has been processed by the sender. You will receive further information as soon as the shipment is received by DHL."

as per tweaky's suspicions, mine possibly was sent from CZ warehouse via germany which didn't seem to take long hence the quick updates

if yours is going via LUX then it's possibly not going to update until it arrives there?

========================

just refreshed 17track app on my phone & looks like it arrived here & has been sorted in dublin

I guess I should have it thurs or friday :)

//feck off storms

my x8se2020 arrived this morning about 10 mins after I left the house

just home - did a quick unbox, all ok.

parcel was just the fimi box wrapped in black plastic, no bubble wrap or other packing as per other BG orders.
    thankfully, no visible damage to the box save for 1 or 2 very minor dents.
    I took pics as I was opening the parcel but as there's no damage there's no point posting them here

the barcode sticker at the back with the serial no has the production date as 2020/05

under the battery - the SN corresponds but the date is 2020/03
    the date on the battery is 2020/03/20

unfortunately I'll have to wait til sat / sun for first flight

for the moment I'm just relieved it is finally here

landing pad from AliEx that was ordered 6th aug also arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Tweaky wrote: »
    Battery was € 60 from the Czech warehouse plus about € 4 for shipping and insurance. They only have them in the China warehouse at the moment and that can take 4 weeks or more to come

Just to follow on from this a battery I ordered from China on August 10th arrived today - less than 3 weeks using standard delivery from Banggood. Some items definitely moving faster again now from China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Back in stock in Spain via FIMI official store at AliExpress. 355 euro delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Tazium wrote: »
    Back in stock in Spain via FIMI official store at AliExpress. 355 euro delivered.
    Don't forget to signup for topcashback and get roughly €20 back.
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/aliexpress-uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lijop99

Hi,

I am new to the boards. Had a doubt. How's the fimi when compared to mini? Which one is worth buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

In Stock now in Spain with AliExpress Fimi store €358 and 10 shipping, tempted..

This is a good price

Amazon France - Mavic Air 2 €721 (+€10 delivery) (tick coupon) https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B087JX64PV

• Advertisement

lijop99 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am new to the boards. Had a doubt. How's the fimi when compared to mini? Which one is worth buying?

I own both at the moment and since I received my Fimi the mini has got very little use. I have actually put the mini up for sale. I find the fimi better for what I want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Drone arrived over the weekend after ordering from AliExpress on the 4th June. The package was well wrapped up. I updated it to the latest firmware that was available on the app. I’ll have to look at previous firmwares as these are available in the app which isn’t great. Definitely will want the ability to zoom. Took it out yesterday took it handy enough went out about 1km no issues and I used the two battery’s I have. It’s my first drone so have nothing to compare it with but it’s a great bit of tech. I tried to use the follow me feature but couldn’t get it to work. It does state it’s beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Suckit wrote: »
    This is a good price

Amazon France - Mavic Air 2 €721 (+€10 delivery) (tick coupon) https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B087JX64PV

I don't see a coupon there anymore..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Don't forget to signup for topcashback and get roughly €20 back.
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/aliexpress-uk/

What if I bought it from Banggood?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

madmoe wrote: »
    What if I bought it from Banggood?

Thanks

Well that's what I did on 22nd of April. Still haven't got it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Had to open a PayPal dispute to look for refund from BG for the spare battery.
    5 weeks now waiting for it which is a pain as it was supposedly shipped from the CZ warehouse with a 1 week delivery.
    Any time I contacted them they just replied it had been shipped and should arrive in within 2-5 days or ordering :mad:

I ordered a helipad mat from the CN warehouse on the exact same day ... it arrived last week!

Batteries take longer to deliver, and with them stopping items more frequently, it is likely it was delayed through no fault of theirs.
    I had two powerbanks sent from an EU warehouse that would normally take three days take over 2 weeks. I was able to check tracking and they were stopped in Ireland, but had also been stopped leaving Italy.
    Although 5 weeks does seem very long, it may still arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I had two powerbanks sent from an EU warehouse that would normally take three days take over 2 weeks. I was able to check tracking and they were stopped in Ireland, but had also been stopped leaving Italy.
    Although 5 weeks does seem very long, it may still arrive.

Yeah I thought there might have been something like that but the only 1 entry on the tracking info showing is that the warehouse has packed & shipped it

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Yeah I thought there might have been something like that but the only 1 entry on the tracking info showing is that the warehouse has packed & shipped it
    There is definitely something wrong there. My battery came from the CZ warehouse and it had an update for every step of the process- See below. It sounds like yours didn't even make it to the couriers

Aug 21, 2020 17:03 The shipment has been successfully delivered
    Aug 20, 2020 07:25 The shipment has left the import parcel center in the destination country / destination area.
    Aug 20, 2020 05:30 The shipment has arrived in the destination country / destination area
    Aug 18, 2020 14:07 The shipment will be transported to the destination country / destination area and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Track/History?item=)
    Aug 18, 2020 10:19 The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
    Aug 17, 2020 20:33 The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
    Aug 14, 2020 00:01 The shipment has been processed by the sender. You will receive further information as soon as the shipment is received by DHL.
    Aug 13, 2020 09:55 Package has been sterilized and shipped out.
    Aug 13, 2020 06:00 Our warehouse has started packing your items.
    Aug 13, 2020 05:48 Order submit.

Just thought of one more thing did you try and track it on DHLs system https://www.dhl.de/en/privatkunden/pakete-empfangen/verfolgen.html

Saint_Mel wrote: »

If an item goes missing Banggood make you wait 40 days before they will even talk to you about it. I still haven't got my drone that I paid for on April 22nd. One's supposedly on the way, it was due to be delivered yesterday... didn't happen, after the last one went missing in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I ordered my battery from the China warehouse (Banggood). After the debacle of waiting over 3 months for the drone from Spain, it seemed like orders were moving more swiftly from China so I went with that. I ordered on August 24th and looks like it should be here pretty soon now;
    Sep 09, 2020 15:56 The item has arrived in the country of destination
    Sep 09, 2020 12:20 The consignment has arrived in the country of destination
    Sep 04, 2020 13:11 The item is on transport to the country of destination
    Sep 02, 2020 07:39 The item is processed at the PostNL sorting center
    Sep 02, 2020 07:39 The item is at the PostNL sorting center
    Sep 01, 2020 08:32 Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre
    Aug 28, 2020 15:18 The shipment is handed over in bulk, final acceptance of goods to be confirmed
    Aug 24, 2020 02:33 The item is ready for shipment
    Aug 24, 2020 02:33 The item is pre-advised to PostNL

My backpack arrived from China a few days ago too;
    Sep 07, 2020 11:29 Final delivery
    Sep 07, 2020 08:00 Arrival at delivery office
    Sep 05, 2020 10:45 Departure from inward Office of Exchange
    Sep 05, 2020 02:29 Arrival at inward Office of Exchange
    Sep 03, 2020 11:56 Departure from outward Office of Exchange
    Sep 02, 2020 09:43 Posting / Collection
    Sep 02, 2020 09:43 Posting / Collection
    Aug 31, 2020 13:56 Electronic Notification of Shipment Received
    Aug 19, 2020 00:45 Package has been sterilized and shipped out

My landing pad and gimbal cover seemed like it was much slower to be dispatched but I actually got an update today and looks like it could be here soon too
    Sep 09, 2020 03:51 ARRIVED IN DESTINATION CITY
    Sep 03, 2020 00:41 TRANSPORT TO DSTK
    Aug 22, 2020 05:01 SHIPMENT READY FOR TRANSPORT
    Aug 22, 2020 02:56 ITEM DESPATCHED TO TRANSSHIPMENT HUB
    Aug 22, 2020 01:55 ITEM IS ANNOUNCED / BPOST RECEIVED THE INFORMATION
    Aug 22, 2020 00:18 PROCESSED AT ORIGIN HUB
    Aug 22, 2020 00:17 RECEIVED SHIPMENT
    Aug 19, 2020 01:24 Package has been sterilized and shipped out.
    Aug 18, 2020 16:41 Our warehouse has started packing your items

Everything was ordered together but got broken up into 3 separate orders as you can see from the picture.

Screenshot-2020-09-09-at-23-56-27.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

My drone arrived Monday from Banggood. Ordered Aug 5th, shipped Aug 28th and arrived Sept 7th which was a pretty good turnaround.

Only got my first flight in with it yesterday due to the weather. It’s pretty incredible. It’s my first drone so I don’t have much to compare it with but it seems incredibly capable.

Registered it with the IAA so that I could go above the 15m limit for unregistered drones and had some fun at a seaside with it last night.

Is the IAA registration mandatory? Is there a cost involved?

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Is the IAA registration mandatory? Is there a cost involved?

Thanks,
    M

If you are planning to fly over 15m in height, then yes. Its free to register the drone. The info is here: https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones

Paddy_man wrote: »
    If you are planning to fly over 15m in height, then yes. Its free to register the drone. The info is here: https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones

It's looking for a fiver from me to register the drone. :confused:

It's looking for a fiver from me to register the drone. :confused:

It does have a checkout, but it didn't actually say you needed to checkout on the instructions.. Its only a fiver, so i might as well pay it..

Paddy_man wrote: »
    It does have a checkout, but it didn't actually say you needed to checkout on the instructions.. Its only a fiver, so i might as well pay it..

I did. I now have my registration number and can fly above 15m. Handy if you get some grasshole giving you grief for flying "illegally".:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭event

Can I ask, this thread is nearly 3 years old so are people still buying off the original link or is there an updated one now?

Original link shows €776

event wrote: »
    Can I ask, this thread is nearly 3 years old so are people still buying off the original link or is there an updated one now?

Original link shows €776

It's kinda morphed into the Xiaomi/Fimi thread now. Most recently about the Fimi X8 SE 2020.

• Advertisement

What's the situation with FIMI care, should I get? What does it offer? How much extra is it?

Thanks,
    M

Advertisement