Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

pete6296 wrote:
    I know, kicking myself. Thought I cud land it though but when rc disconnected I was stuck

Yeah, so disappointing. Hopefully you get a resolution and doesn't put you off droning completely..

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭pete6296

tedpan wrote: »
    Yeah, so disappointing. Hopefully you get a resolution and doesn't put you off droning completely..

Thanks, learnt a valuable lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Just checking in to see if anyone got a unit ordered form the Spanish warehouse?
    I've been given a different date every week since May 15th. Today June 22nd was the one I could trust according to the agents.
    Now the agents are offering a blank date for restocking - not shipping- and pushing cancellation. They won't supply the order out of China and won't offer a voucher or an option to purchase from China at the original price.

Their online service agents are worse than useless with stories and dates different with every one - even on the same day- and no escalation route.

There is no shortage of units from Bangood China or from multiple sellers on AliExpress so it looks like Bangood - now they've seen such strong demand- want to force early bird buyers to cancel so they can sell at a higher price.

Their latest stunt is to email ES buyers to ask whether you wish to cancel or wait and if you elect to wait you have to select a date you'll wait until. Except you can only choose a date in June!

Sadly this is Gearbest and the Zino 2 all over again. In fact Bangood have actually cancelled some US warehouse orders against buyers wishes. Chinese direct sellers seem to be delivering to European addresses in two weeks but are quoting dispatch dates much later so not a sure thing.

I've bought a ton of stuff over the years from Bangood but this experience has destroyed their credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sorry to hear that Pete, If it was coming back to you and you have a vague idea how much 22% battery may have got it from where it was, you might be able to narrow the search.
    Hopefully you find it/get it back.

pete6296 wrote: »
    I know, kicking myself. Thought I cud land it though but when rc disconnected I was stuck

I don't know if this pic will help you feel any better but coincidentally it was just posted in another drone group....

Also there's a video on YouTube where some guy crashed his x8 on Irelands Eye and got it back a few days later. People are pushing their luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

pete6296 wrote: »
    Thanks, learnt a valuable lesson

For what it's worth, I had a Xiaomi drone the first one posted in this thread. It took off about 10 ft before it inexplicably crashed, sending the blades flying.

Contacted Xiaomi/ fimi and send them flight logs. Done a bit of back and forth and for €80 they sent out a new one. Hoping you might get a similar result.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭pete6296

Suckit wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Pete, If it was coming back to you and you have a vague idea how much 22% battery may have got it from where it was, you might be able to narrow the search.
    Hopefully you find it/get it back.

Exactly, did this and even traced lines on Google maps but no sign unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Not good for anyone that ordered from Ali recently. My package has been in Liege 7 days now could have been on that truck!

https://www.facebook.com/100026355914181/posts/559591864929339/?d=n

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ndm123

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. The item in your order is still restocking, due to the fact that it is highly requested. We expect the new stock of this product to arrive around . This restocked time is for only reference, and the specific time may be affected by some uncertain factors. Thanks for your understanding.

Here are the options available. Would you mind telling us which one you prefer?

Wait: Wait until the arrival date.

Exchange: Change the product to another one with the same or similar price which is in stock. (We advise you choose the same category product for exchange. Please kindly note that we are not able to change the quantity of the product).

So it looks like Banggood have just decided to omit the date from their generic replies now. I was told on Monday that it would be 3-5 working days and so they managed to string me along for another while.

Any one else getting seriously tired of this? It's made me think I don't want a drone any more!

I don't really need another drone, and tbh I was going to cancel this a while back. I am reading a few issues with it already (nothing that is exclusive to FIMI) and I think we may be a bit lucky that we can now see any issues that may arise with it before we get it. Be careful not to read too much into the issues though.
    People now beginning to report the ATTI/GPS and RC disconnection problems as well which will probably result in flyaways.
    Some good info and videos too.
    Fimi X8SE 2020 owners thread
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3631021-Official-FIMI-X8-SE-X8-SE-2020-Folding-Quadcopter-Owner-s-Thread-V2/page26

Look at the gimbal in this video (happens at 1:15)

And again (at 6:15)
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44693031&postcount=19137

I still think it is an excellent buy for the price, but those that won't be repairing it themselves etc. Might want to be aware of potential issues to look out for. A lot of info there as it is a thread by people that have it and the previous model.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Suckit wrote:
    I still think it is an excellent buy for the price, but those that won't be repairing it themselves etc. Might want to be aware of potential issues to look out for. A lot of info there as it is a thread by people that have it and the previous model.

Yeah I never had gimbal issues, though I know KKV did with his. I'm guessing most of the issues were not leaving it long enough to register the Return To Home point. The old Xiaomi has always been ultra reliable for me, just need to be careful and fly in wide open spaces.

ndm123 wrote: »
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused. The item in your order is still restocking, due to the fact that it is highly requested.......,. and so they managed to string me along for another while.

Any one else getting seriously tired of this? It's made me think I don't want a drone any more!

There are thousands of people back ordered for months getting one lie after another from Bangood support. They brought about 300 into the Czech warehouse a few weeks ago so about 5% if European orders on the Spanish warehouse may fill. Banggood will deliver it to you in 2-3 weeks from their China warehouse but it'll cost you about an extra €100 minimum.

With at least 10,000 orders you can see why they are messing early buyers around. If you cancel from $400 and reorder at €500 times day 5,000.... They want you to cancel.

I

Agreed on the value but as it's only an iteration of the 2018 X8 there are a disturbing number of issues out of the box and the random and mechanical examples I've seen are symptomatic of hasty poorly trained assembly. Typical of a blockbuster product.
    But , because of the initial price point, there are also a lot of people buying this as their first drone and that's not helping it's profile.
    Either way Banggoods treatment of customers has driven a lot of people to DJI with the extra money deemed worth it to get away from the messing about and also for after sales/warranty support.
    The Mi 4K will not be beaten any time soon for overall performance, reliability and price!

Another backordered pal sent me this from an X8 Facebook support group.
    I'm not on Facebook but on the RC groups which have sadly degenerated into a sniping fest and even split into three!
    I may join Facebook for more of this but I'm now sending it to Bangood Customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I just got a shipping notification from the Fimi shop on Ali.
    Ordered 17th June, Shipped 28th.
    They said speedy delivery, but the notification said to expect to receive it within the next 89 days

The Hubsan Zino 2 is on sale for $459 / €407.91 from 28th - 30th June from Banggood In stock and shipping in 24 hours.
    https://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-Zino-2-LEAS-2_0-GPS-8KM-5G-WiFi-FPV-with-4K-60fps-UHD-Camera-3-axis-Gimbal-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1635081.html
    Also get 7.42% cashback from Topcashback bringing the price down to roughly €380 shipping from China (no EU warehouse as flights are still being restricted).
    EU Priority is €11.34 or shipping from China with Free tariff insurance (no extra charges using either method).
    I would bet China warehouse will be just as fast, but would understand anybody not willing to risk it. #

For anybody willing to cancel their FIMI X8 SE 2020 they could contact banggood via chat and maybe get extra BG points to maybe get a larger discount, (they offered me 800) - but I don't think they work with a promo product unless the agent can do something.

DJI Spark is €272 using code BGSPARKHK and whatever TCB brings it down to further https://www.banggood.com/DJI-Spark-2KM-FPV-with-12MP-2-Axis-Mechanical-Gimbal-Camera-QuickShot-Gesture-Mode-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-p-1692694.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ndm123

I've cancelled my order. Sick of this tbh. Might buy a used Mavic Air.

I messaged them again this morning and they would not give me any indication about the date, so I cancelled. 3 business days to process refund so should have it by Thursday.

ndm123 wrote: »
    I've cancelled my order. Sick of this tbh. Might buy a used Mavic Air.

I messaged them again this morning and they would not give me any indication about the date, so I cancelled. 3 business days to process refund so should have it by Thursday.

Hit them immediately with a dispute for non delivery on PayPal or your credit card, you’ve already engaged unsuccessfully without any resolution. Why bother? Because they’ll refund you almost instantaneously and it damages their profile with PayPal or credit card companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

^^^

I canceled over a week ago and no refund was processed by wednesday so opened a dispute in PayPal, they replied and appear to be beating around the bush sending generic messages within paypal so gonna have to escalate it to get it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

Anyone going to hang on, I've 100€ of accessories purchased and received from them.

Drone cost me €300 as got the refund from them from the raffle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

jamesd wrote: »
    Anyone going to hang on, I've 100€ of accessories purchased and received from them.

Drone cost me €300 as got the refund from them from the raffle.

Same as you won in the raffle and going to hang on. I have a mavic mini to keep me amused until the Fimi arrives so no major time pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

I wonder if they were to refund a raffle winner would they notice that they had already refunded over €50 or would they refund the full amount ?

I'm heading into Paypal after hearing about someone in Ireland who's sticking it Banggood on the basis if he's a big enough PITA they'll get him his drone. Or maybe he's just venting! Apparently he's instigating a separate PayPal dispute for each individual accessory bought for the drone from Banggood. He's claiming they’re defective as he can't test them because Banggood won't give him his drone. He's also dragging each case to the limit and then opening another. Whether PayPal rule against him or not and I'm sure they will, it's definitely causing Banggood grief as most sellers fear the wrath of PayPal who tend to default toward buyers.

I had to laugh because it's one way of passing the waiting time which in my case has now been pushed out to July 10th. Based on dates committed so far, confidence level is 1%.
    Now, to PayPal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I received my Drone carry case today, hopefully won't be too long until the drone gets here now.
    I'm just hoping it wasn't on that lorry that crashed in Belgium recently :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

banie01 wrote: »
    I received my Drone carry case today, hopefully won't be too long until the drone gets here now.
    I'm just hoping it wasn't on that lorry that crashed in Belgium recently :/

Which case did you go for. I'm weighing up some options while I wait for the drone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

The Spark is coming up at $259 when I click on that link. That's €230 even before TCB.

The Spark is coming up at $259 when I click on that link. That's €230 even before TCB.

BNF now. It was RTF the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Which case did you go for. I'm weighing up some options while I wait for the drone :-)

Just a cheap Ali case, but quite happy with it.
    Most of the sellers are selling the same/similar bag as this one is unavailable now.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000405234436.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dzBq3wo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I've been thinking about switching my order to a Zino Pro portable. I know it's a lesser drone wither a shorter fly time, but I reckon 3 batteries would cover that.

If I could get them to deliver it with no extra cost and guarantee no customs hit, I might just be bought off.

Convince me why not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

I'm gonna wait till the end of July and see what happens. I won in the raffle as well so wait and see..

Advertisement