Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

I was late to the party on this.. prob one of the last to order from ES warehouse

shipping estimate has been the same since the day I ordered:

Order Time: 2020-05-25 17:02:57
    Version: Without FIMI Premium Care
    Estimated to ship before July 10, 2020

as long as it arrives by the start of august I'm ok to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Pulled trigger on Ali for 360e will see if top Cashback tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

padair wrote: »
    Pulled trigger on Ali for 360e will see if top Cashback tracks.

Any concerns about customs? That's the only thing holding me back from ordering from Ali.

garion wrote: »
    Any concerns about customs? That's the only thing holding me back from ordering from Ali.

Not going to worry about it, if I get stung then it costs more but I have the cash back to offset it. Fingers crossed though. It's still cheaper than a mavic air 2 or a mavic mini

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

padair wrote: »
    Not going to worry about it, if I get stung then it costs more but I have the cash back to offset it. Fingers crossed though. It's still cheaper than a mavic air 2 or a mavic mini

Where are you claiming cash back from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

TopCashBack give 8.25% cash back on Aliexpress I believe

bennyx_o wrote: »
    TopCashBack give 8.5% cash back on Aliexpress I believe
    Yep, that's the one. You have to go though their site to be able to collect. It's the first time that I have tried to use it. I checked the app and it is tracking at 26 pounds refund

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Anyone used or heard of the the site DJI.com . They have a Mavic mini for 399.. what am I missing, is it a good price or a dodgy site??? If I can get that drone for that price I'll cancel this one..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Anyone used or heard of the the site DJI.com . They have a Mavic mini for 399.. what am I missing, is it a good price or a dodgy site??? If I can get that drone for that price I'll cancel this one..

I genuinely don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

MorganIRL wrote:

That's the price and official site..! Go for the fly more combo - 499e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PabD

tedpan wrote: »
    That's the price and official site..! Go for the fly more combo - 499e
    if you have a student email address you can get 10% discount code if creating account with DJI.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

delly wrote: »
    I genuinely don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious?

Showing my drone ignorance.. apologies if I upset u or you experienced feelings you hadn't felt ever before..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Showing my drone ignorance.. apologies if I upset u or you experienced feelings you hadn't felt ever before..

No new feelings, as I said, I genuinely didn't know if you were one way or the other. The Mavic Mini is made by DJI, DJI.com is the official site, there couldn't be a less dodgy site to sell a Mavic Mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'm just wondering if anyone selling theirs Xiaomi drone in new condition (bought, received but changed their mind)?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭pete6296

j@utis wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone selling theirs Xiaomi drone in new condition (bought, received but changed their mind)?

Hi. I foolishly lost my fimi x8 2020 but I have rc controller, 2 props and signal boosters if of anyone interest

pete6296 wrote:
    Hi. I foolishly lost my fimi x8 2020 but I have rc controller, 2 props and signal boosters if of anyone interest

Oh no, what happened?

Oh no, what happened?

RC disconnected from drone and all went bad

pete6296 wrote:

Disaster.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

pete6296 wrote: »

Was the disconnect random or was it distance driven ? Seeing some reliability issues on another forum.

Tweaky wrote: »
    Was the disconnect random or was it distance driven ? Seeing some reliability issues on another forum.

Random. Flight log doesn't tell where it landed as all it shows is where it was disconnected. Gutted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Random. Flight log doesn't tell where it landed as all it shows is where it was disconnected. Gutted

That's an absolute sickener!
    Is there a local area FB group or something?
    Could post a please return if found on that?

I'm a fan of labelmaker and adding phone numbers to my gear for just such an instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

I'm gutted for you. You went to a lot of effort to get yours

banie01 wrote: »
    That's an absolute sickener!
    Is there a local area FB group or something?
    Could post a please return if found on that?

I'm a fan of labelmaker and adding phone numbers to my gear for just such an instance.

Totally agree, that's a great idea and even a GPS tracker might be worth a few euro

Tweaky wrote: »
    I'm gutted for you. You went to a lot of effort to get yours

Waited weeks and as soon as I get it I pushed it to its limits but paid the price. What frustrated me most is losing connection with rc as I was simply trying to land it safely and collect. Have logged a call with fimi support

pete6296 wrote:
    Waited weeks and as soon as I get it I pushed it to its limits but paid the price. What frustrated me most is losing connection with rc as I was simply trying to land it safely and collect. Have logged a call with fimi support

Can you give us details? When you say pushed it to it's limits, how far/high did you fly? At what distance was it losing connection, what was the battery level, were you near any buildings or was it in an open park or beach? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand what happened. Whenever I've lost connection with my xiaomi it always returned home.

Hope you get support from fimi, guessing it's a long shot though..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Def_IRL

Sorry to hear that Pete, surprised the Return to Home didn't kick in after 2-3 seconds of singal loss.
    Did you fly it close to any Microwave antennas, high-voltage lines , or mobile masts perhaps, as they can cause major interference affecting RC radio transmission?

Can you give us details? When you say pushed it to it's limits, how far/high did you fly? At what distance was it losing connection, what was the battery level, were you near any buildings or was it in an open park or beach? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand what happened. Whenever I've lost connection with my xiaomi it always returned home.

Hope you get support from fimi, guessing it's a long shot though..

I flew it to a range of approx 8km and it returned to home but at about 5km left I noticed battery at 22% so I wanted to land but that's when it lost connection with rc.

Def_IRL wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Pete, surprised the Return to Home didn't kick in after 2-3 seconds of singal loss.
    Did you fly it close to any Microwave antennas, high-voltage lines , or mobile masts perhaps, as they can cause major interference affecting RC radio transmission?

It did kick in but I wanted to land when battery low but it lost connection to rc. Not close to any areas of interference that I was aware of.

pete6296 wrote:
    I flew it to a range of approx 8km and it returned to home but at about 5km left I noticed battery at 22% so I wanted to land but that's when it lost connection with rc.

pete6296 wrote:
    It did kick in but I wanted to land when battery low but it lost connection to rc. Not close to any areas of interference that I was aware of.

Ah ok, you really pushed it, I haven't even seen a mavic get that distance in Ireland...

There must have been interference if you weren't in a park or beach. :( Also, losing connection at 5kms is totally normal.

• Advertisement

Ah ok, you really pushed it, I haven't even seen a mavic get that distance in Ireland...

There must have been interference if you weren't in a park or beach. :( Also, losing connection at 5kms is totally normal.

I know, kicking myself. Thought I cud land it though but when rc disconnected I was stuck

Advertisement