Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Sending my anafi back to Amazon tomorrow. It's faulty and they are sending me a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

tedpan wrote: »
    No idea, I checked last week and it's not available. Maybe Google have removed it temporarily? The apk is available if you search on Google.

I downloaded apk from web but when installing it was asking for weird rights, like overlay of other apps which is not right so deleted it. Drone is dead unless can find new app for it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

padair wrote:
    I downloaded apk from web but when installing it was asking for weird rights, like overlay of other apps which is not right so deleted it. Drone is dead unless can find new app for it

Hmmm, that's annoying, hope it's back soon.

FYI, I've checked the permissions on the official app on my phone. It's nearly everything!
    Call logs
    Camera
    Contacts
    Storage
    Telephone

If your apk is looking for those, I'm guessing it's correct.

Hmmm, that's annoying, hope it's back soon.

FYI, I've checked the permissions on the official app on my phone. It's nearly everything!
    Call logs
    Camera
    Contacts
    Storage
    Telephone

If your apk is looking for those, I'm guessing it's correct.

Thanks this is the list, size of app is 30 odd Meg, not sure it that is correct.

padair wrote: »
    Thanks this is the list, size of app is 30 odd Meg, not sure it that is correct.

Yep, that's the one. The below is the same version that I have installed.

https://m.apkpure.com/mi-drone/com.fimi.overseas.soul

I think it needs most if the permissions for tethering and transferring files etc.

So weird it's gone from the play store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Get someone with the official app installed to use APK Extractor to copy it and share it.
    As with side loading any app ensure you trust the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Yep, that's the one. The below is the same version that I have installed.

https://m.apkpure.com/mi-drone/com.fimi.overseas.soul

I think it needs most if the permissions for tethering and transferring files etc.

So weird it's gone from the play store

Download it from the official website.

https://www.fimi.com/mi-drone-4k.html

scottigael wrote:

Nice one, I clicked the download link yesterday and it wasn't working! Thanks :)

scottigael wrote: »

https://www.fimi.com/mi-drone-4k.html

Cheers, didn't realize that they were now fimi.

So, had a small accident :(
    Drone decided from about 10-15 meters up to take a noise dive and drop onto the beach. Looked like one of motors or something stopped running as it did a fairly sharp corkscrew into the ground breaking camera gimbal. Or something put it off balance. On a lucky note , drone still flies.

Does anyone know if camera is repairable? Snaps attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

So, had a small accident :(
    Drone decided from about 10-15 meters up to take a noise dive and drop onto the beach. Looked like one of motors or something stopped running as it did a fairly sharp corkscrew into the ground breaking camera gimbal. Or something put it off balance. On a lucky note , drone still flies.

Does anyone know if camera is repairable? Snaps attached

Not sure would be worth it - you look like you have a missing shock rubber, broken bracket and cut ribbon cable - you will need at least a new ribbon cable as they cannot be repaired.

Could this be the ribbon?
    https://www.banggood.com/Anti-Shake-Flex-Cable-4K-Camera-Gimbal-Cable-for-Xiaomi-RC-Quadcopter-Drone-Spare-Parts-p-1431597.html?rmmds=buy&ID=528185&cur_warehouse=CN

A whole new camera is going to be very pricey- not sure what model you have... here are two possibilities.

https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-Drone-RC-Quadcopter-Spare-Parts-4K-Gimbal-Camera-p-1174079.html?rmmds=buy&cur_warehouse=CN

https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-Drone-RC-Quadcopter-Spare-Parts-Gimbal-p-1131614.html?rmmds=buy&cur_warehouse=CN

“Roll it back”

padair wrote:
    So, had a small accident Drone decided from about 10-15 meters up to take a noise dive and drop onto the beach. Looked like one of motors or something stopped running as it did a fairly sharp corkscrew into the ground breaking camera gimbal. Or something put it off balance. On a lucky note , drone still flies.

Ah no disaster! Were you recording at the time, do you know what caused it?

Unfortunately you broke the most expensive part and it's not a simple fix :(

I was recording but the video is corrupt. I have the logs but can't do anything with them.

I was but the recording is corrupt.
    I have flight logs but no idea how to look at them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Jester232

Drones haven't come down in price have they? link from OP is now 600 dollars.

I bought my DJI phantom 3 standard, linked in this forum about 3 years ago, for 445 euro.

Jester232 wrote: »
    Drones haven't come down in price have they? link from OP is now 600 dollars.

I bought my DJI phantom 3 standard, linked in this forum about 3 years ago, for 445 euro.

Afraid not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Jester232

Afraid not.

Makes that bargain from euglobal all those years ago all the better :)

padair wrote:
    I was recording but the video is corrupt. I have the logs but can't do anything with them.

Ah god, that's terrible news. Really wish I could help you out, although I cant advise on repair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I can’t remember who it is but there was someone on here who had 2 (possibly 3) of these as they had crashed at least one. Might be worth trying them to see if they have a spare camera as part of the setup.

I can’t remember who it is but there was someone on here who had 2 (possibly 3) of these as they had crashed at least one. Might be worth trying them to see if they have a spare camera as part of the setup.

Cheers, I will have a look through the three to see if I can find person. Cheers for the heads up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Cheers, I will have a look through the three to see if I can find person. Cheers for the heads up

I had a look there and I think it Marigot have been KKV:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=135718

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mackzee

What's the best price on this now?

Mackzee wrote:

Gearbest or banggood, around 415e on both sites..

Gearbest or banggood, around 415e on both sites..

Thanks.

Would you buy this or the Xiaomi Fimi X8

Mackzee wrote:
    Would you buy this or the Xiaomi Fimi X8

It really depends on if you want portability or not. The mi drone is huge, but incredibly stable in even strong wind. Video looks very similar. The Fimi is really impressive in terms of battery life and size, up to you I suppose..

It really depends on if you want portability or not. The mi drone is huge, but incredibly stable in even strong wind. Video looks very similar. The Fimi is really impressive in terms of battery life and size, up to you I suppose..

Thanks, is there other drones similar to the x8 for similar money?

Mackzee wrote:
    Thanks, is there other drones similar to the x8 for similar money?

Not really, it's in between a spark and a Mavic air/pro.

You could look at the Fimi a3 which is fantastic for the money, not as portable and only 1080p, but costs around 250e and has an integrated display.

Not really, it's in between a spark and a Mavic air/pro.

You could look at the Fimi a3 which is fantastic for the money, not as portable and only 1080p, but costs around 250e and has an integrated display.

Came across this on aliexpress, what do you think? Probably get caught by customs.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ctdO8ZFa

Mackzee wrote:
    Came across this on aliexpress, what do you think? Probably get caught by customs.

Not bad as they're out of stock in most places. You're taking the risk with customs with gearbest and banggood too though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

Mackzee wrote: »

Maybe keep an eye on adverts also - I've seen some good prices on Phantom 4's etc. - just hold out for one in perfect condition.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement