Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supernatural - Season 13 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 09-08-2017 8:39pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Alexander Calvert who plays Lucifer's son has been bumped to series regular. Source

Season 13 will air from October 12th.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I miss it. I just want to hear the finale lol.

Carry on my wayward boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I wonder who the guy in white is? Crowley's successor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Mr E wrote: »

I wonder who the guy in white is? Crowley's successor?

I wonder. Really don't want Crowley to be no more :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yadira Guevara-Prip cast and will be part of the spin-off, Wayward Sisters, should the backdoor pilot get picked up. EW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So is that the 3rd attempt at a backdoor pilot they have tried to get a spin off up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is that the 3rd attempt at a backdoor pilot they have tried to get a spin off up and running.

Thought there was just the one other about the feuding families

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought there was just the one other about the feuding families

Yeah it'll only be the second backdoor pilot. Bloodlines with the feuding families in Chicago is the only other official one.

There was an episode two years ago that primarily focused on Jody, Claire, and Alex, and used Sam & Dean minimally, so most fans (myself included) assumed it was a backdoor pilot and absolutely loved it, and that's the reason they've actually decided to try and turn it into a series.

The backdoor pilot for Wayward Sisters will be Episode 10 of the upcoming seasons.

With this and the Berlanti shows back, this week is the real start to the TV season.

• Advertisement

That was easily my favourite Supernatural season premiere in a long time (probably since season 4 or 5).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That was great.

Funny. Interesting. Exciting. And still fresh!

Delighted it's back :)

Off to a good start, sets things up nicely. Fairly emotional too. Metallica rights must have cost a few bob.

Kicking off a season with Metallica is always a great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yup, loved the Metallica start, and I'm quite liking Jack so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Bobby and John (come on JDM even for just 1 episode) are back this season

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope Bobby and John (come on JDM even for just 1 episode) are back this season

Jeffrey Dean Morgan said in a recent interview that he'd love to return at some point before the show ends, so he's definitely open to it. Unlikely to happen this season though because of his role on The Walking Dead, but you never know. At least he's open to coming back anyway.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very strong opening episode, especially given it's opening a thirteenth(!) season.

I like the premise of having the Son of Satan with them - neither good nor bad, a volatile time bomb. It's a good way to do the usual divide of the brothers straight away - Sam being optimistic about Jack's chances but Dean resigned to losing (and you could hardly blame him).

The "Starring" bit kinda ruined the suspense of the story lines. I do like the idea though of lots more Lucifer trying to re-unite with his estranged son (aww!).

Andrew Dabb episodes seem to be the ones to watch out for.

It was a great episode. Jack was a nice addition to the cast (considering the death toll last season).

So is Misha Collins gone for sure? I imagine if Cass comes back, he'll have to have a different "meat suit".

Lucifer & Mary should get the spin off :)

• Advertisement

Angel artillery? Is that new? The knife scene was quite disturbing. I like Donatello. :) Good old fist through the chest to save Mary.

2017 Dean: There's no joy in this life.

I like Patience - she'll be a good addition to the Wayward Sisters gang...

Felt like Jody was only in this episode to recruit her. She didn't do much else

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I like Patience - she'll be a good addition to the Wayward Sisters gang...

When she handed Patience her number, she should have just said that, "if you're interested, I'm recruiting for a spin off series.."

Patience was a great character alright. She can take care of herself too, and her ability is very cool.

Kudos to the showrunners for keeping the surprise at the end for the closing credits. Any other show would have put him in the opening credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Really enjoying the season so far. Jack is an intriging character to see where he goes.

Misha got to use a non-Cas voice. Dean was quite a dick in 'therapy'.

Alright Dean, so how do you die?

The stressing of him being 'important' reminded me of something only I couldn't remember what until quite near the end. It loops back to 4.01 where Cas said something similar. It was like a moment from a superhero film, a 'we've got work for you' coda.

• Advertisement

Did Dean tell Cas to wait by the phone until he got there? Sounds like something Cas would do

Advertisement