Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small signs its time to leave a party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Anyone gets a guitar out and starts to make themselves the center of attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Theres a lot of guitars at this party .. Surely one is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

As soon as the obligatory self-indulgent gimp produces a guitar, it's time to exit.

Not before reenacting this though.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

when the fat lady starts singing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭Floppybits

GBX wrote: »
    Theres a lot of guitars at this party .. Surely one is enough
    One is too many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

When the only people left dancing are sweaty topless guys, gurning like mad fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Thinly veiled "I hate sing songs at parties" thread.

Nice try user who has re-logged in over 100 usernames. Well played.

If so many hate these, then why do so many chime in with them (indeed some insist on a singsong). Surely boards should be somewhat representative of the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Thinly veiled "I hate sing songs at parties" thread.

Nice try user who has re-logged in over 100 usernames. Well played.

If so many hate these, then why do so many chime in with them (indeed some insist on a singsong). Surely boards should be somewhat representative of the population.

So, youre the guy with the geetar are ye?

Shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭veryangryman

So, youre the guy with the geetar are ye?

Shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When you suddenly realize that everyone in the room has fallen asleep and you have no idea how long you've been talking to yourself for.

When there's a girl guarding the stereo with a samurai sword, hysterically singing poker face or some other **** song whilst trying not to vomit on herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

When the sun is out and you remember you have work in an hour.
    A grim realisation. Then being told by your powder nosed associate to "power through!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Honestly that sounds like the exact opposite of what we're on about here. That's a party that's just getting started.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

"What goes up must come down, and down, and down. Everyone looks ill at the end of the night. All have lost the power of speech, desperately avoiding eye contact.

Your new soulmate, that you have been talking cod **** to for the past five hours about the story of creation or the fourth Star Wars film, is now a complete stranger. You can't even look him in the eye. The only thing that you have got in common now is paranoia. Is is coming through the walls, man.

The children of ecstasy are not safe anymore. We are no longer all together as one but separate mental patients, that yearn to be ejected out of this poisoned atmosphere in bed and a friendly therapist. Reality is on her way. Where am I? What have I done? Huh... Was it worth it? By the way, what the **** happened here? All you have to look forward to now is you can never sleep..".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

When people start considering the possibility of going to an Early House.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

When the gym 'fanatics' decide to have a strength-off and start squatting random people.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Lorelli! wrote: »
    When people start considering the possibility of going to an Early House.

Chancery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Dramatik wrote: »
    Chancery?

:/ I don't know, is that the name of a place?! I never actually went to an early house but it was suggested a few times at the end of a party :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

eeguy wrote: »
    Sellotaping a cat is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.
    https://youtu.be/1gl7xr5rftc

Hilarious I must try this ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

• A certain point is reached where the carpet is too strewn with litter.
    • The number of sober individuals becomes a minority.
    • More argument than smalltalk becomes apparent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Not to me, sing song is usually the best bit of the night.

I always figured you to be that guy. Now I have proof.
    "What goes up must come down, and down, and down. Everyone looks ill at the end of the night. All have lost the power of speech, desperately avoiding eye contact.

Your new soulmate, that you have been talking cod **** to for the past five hours about the story of creation or the fourth Star Wars film, is now a complete stranger. You can't even look him in the eye. The only thing that you have got in common now is paranoia. Is is coming through the walls, man.

The children of ecstasy are not safe anymore. We are no longer all together as one but separate mental patients, that yearn to be ejected out of this poisoned atmosphere in bed and a friendly therapist. Reality is on her way. Where am I? What have I done? Huh... Was it worth it? By the way, what the **** happened here? All you have to look forward to now is you can never sleep..".

That's bleak. And true.

I love me a good come down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

when the host passively aggressively starts tidying up. this is usually me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

When you wake up in the bath, and everyone else has gone home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Oranage2 wrote: »
    When the gym 'fanatics' decide to have a strength-off and start squatting random people.

What is this in regular English?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

seachto7 wrote:
    What is this in regular English?

A dick measuring competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

When you spot someone drinking Orchards thief....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

When guests start mysteriously dissapearing and reappearing in freezer chests.

The baldy barcoded man might be after you next.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

testicles wrote: »
    Do you have clothes on? Is there water in this bath?

My clothes were on, no water. Good party, even got some rest for the day ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Someone takes out a guitar

It's always this. Some self indulgent **** thinks that what people having a good time at 2am need is to hear some Elliott Smith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

When you are playing fussball totally wasted with another totally wasted guy, and then look around and notice you are the only 2 still up.
    Then you look outside and see the sun is up.

Yep thats when the "Im off to bed" mode kicks in !

Advertisement