Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone you think is really sound

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

Bill Murray, I'd say he'd be some craic.
    Jessica Chastain comes across as a very grounded and humble lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Ok, here's my REAL guy....

Michael Portillo, pastel jackets and all. Love to have a couple of pints with him in some iconic Railway Hotel in England. He could read excerpts from his Bradshaw's.

Now, if anyone knows for certain that he's a snobby sh!te, don't ruin it for me.

He's a regular on Andrew Neil's This Week on BBC Thursday nights. Not a snob but a true Tory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Harrison Ford, just wouldn't wanna be on the plane he flies.

Also Kurt Russell, would love to hang out with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Was at a couple of Q&As that Michael Fassbender has done for films and he seemed sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭6541

I think I am sound !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Jason Newsted of Metallica fame seems like a decent bloke, seems very humble and sound in interviews, never let the fame go to his head.

Dave Grohl seems like a sound guy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Michaela Strachan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Channing Tatum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

He's a regular on Andrew Neil's This Week on BBC Thursday nights. Not a snob but a true Tory.

Aha, sound guy so!!

... sits back in anticipation of a small amount of flak

Actually, saw him interviewed once on a programme about Education. He's a Grammar School boy. Didn't do him any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Aha, sound guy so!!

... sits back in anticipation of a small amount of flak

Actually, saw him interviewed once on a programme about Education. He's a Grammar School boy. Didn't do him any harm.

No, he's not a bad sort. Don't care much for his politics though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Christy Dignam always seems very down to earth and friendly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yer man off that AIB advert, with the vintage vw beetle. Mike O Neil.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Do they have to be famous? If not theres a fella working in my local hospital that I think is an ultrasound guy.
    I'll get my coat......

If he's not in, they get the hip replacement guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

No sound women mentioned yet, was there?
    Grace Dent seems like good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Anna Richardson - always seems genuinely sound & good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Dara O Bhrian, he always strikes me as the type of guy that would have been the best craic in college with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Waiting for srameen to say Richard Attenborough...

I met the cast of today fm breakfast show a few years ago. Mairead Farrell is absolutely lovely. A total lady but not up herself at all. Ian Dempsey was pretty sound too but a bit quiet and reserved. I've met Mario Rosenstock a few times and he is dead sound too. And the lovely Paula Mcsweeney is a lovely girl too. There was a great chemistry between them all including the guys behind the scenes, I'd say they are all genuine friends as well as colleagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Sarah McInerney off Newstalk, ~I like her - good craic, nice voice and smart.

Boxer Andy Lee seems a gentleman as does Billy Walsh the US boxing coach.

Author Richard Ford is charming, Lisa McInerney also in keeping with my McInerney women folk being sound.

Bernard Clark off the Nova programme on Lyric FM seems a good guy.

Brian Cox seems like a good guy too, your wan the comediene Amy Schumer i like too.

So there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lexie.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Roy Keane. He's a cranky bastard but I've a soft spot for him and I'd say he's sound underneath it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

Sandra Bullock & Dylan Moran, love both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Michael D.

Although I reckon he's so Sound Uncle, he'd be too busy slipping you 10ps and finding matchsticks from behind your ear to drink his pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

oh my god that Sara Mc Inerney is a tit.. she always wants to push her own opinion of whoever she is interviewing. and when a subject is first broached she spends 10 minuets giving a big speal on what SHE thinks

Was at a couple of Q&As that Michael Fassbender has done for films and he seemed sound.

A family member met him and said he was a lovely fella.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Ian Dempsey. I'd love a cuppa with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

John Bishop, heard him on the radio a few weeks ago and he came across as a really decent lad, he'd be great company on a night out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

6541 wrote:
    I have a few friends down in Cork. I always ask them how john Creedon is ? is he always hanging around The Wild Atlantic way and Ireland Ancient east ?

And your friends said ... ?

bobbyss wrote: »
    And your friends said ... ?

'We don't know him. There's about 300000 people in Cork'?

Wild guess, admittedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

Drew Barrymore would be another one for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

vincent browne....he's not the typical smiley tv3/rte puppet...he's just who he is. what you're seeing is vincent browne. a lot of the tv stars are likely different people backstage to the ones they portray when presenting. id say vincent is just himself. no bullshiit.

Advertisement