Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

that video makes the aj ramble seem normal lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Not really. That seemed pretty heartfelt and genuine from wilder. Joshua's was unhinged nonsense.

We all have different interpretations of things and I think that was a load of nonsense tbh, he respects all boxers ? He constantly slags off fury for beating him because he cheated, the man is delusional and thinking he’s back after beating helanius is a bit much

wilder is a good heavy puncher without doubt and can do damage to anyone in the division but that fight doesn’t tell me much about him

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

That's completely irrelevant to what he said in the above conference about actually getting in the ring.

No doubt he can be a clown though. Especially with wanting a body on his record and all that stuff. He should genuinely be ashamed of that sh*te and hopefully he's moved on from it.

• Advertisement

In the above video he said he respects all boxers but he clearly doesn’t, the crying while being massaged by a bloke was a bit weird

• Registered Users Posts: 54,638 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He’s a clown. Let’s leave it at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That’s a nice moment with the two lads and it’s good to see

Easy nights work for wilder

I expected Wilder to win by KO but I thought Helenius would make it hard for him. Expected 3-4 rounds of grappling and then the ko. So where does Wilder go next? Joshua won’t entertain fighting him, especially without belts. What about Whyte now or Ruiz? A few more rounds may have helped bring Wilder on more so

• Advertisement

Apparently ruiz has been mentioned and winner is then mandatory for the wbc, wilder said he doesn’t want ruiz and wants to go straight for Usyk instead and he claims to have spoken to Usyk who promised to fight him

bearing in mind wilder spent 6 months in the mountains on medication who knows if he spoke to Usyk at all

I hope for Wilder’s own sake someone else did the talking, not sure how impressed Usyk would be with his rambling narrations! I think it’s a great fight

Usyk-Wilder is a great fight.....and one both can win. I think it's fair to say that Wilder could well land flush, and also, that if he does he can take Usyk out.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Butson

Wilder will fight Ruiz next I would think. Both PBC fighters, easy to arrange.

That's a good fight too. Wilder v anybody is worth watching.

Mauricio from the wbc has confirmed that wilder vs ruiz will be ordered next week as a final eliminator to find the next mandatory opponent for Tyson fury

A great match. I think the right uppercut from Wilder will be his key..

Ruiz got to AJs head and chin. Wilder slightly taller, but Ruiz can land.

Wilder’s chin is so so. Any time hit clean, he has been in trouble…

please, I don’t want to hear iron chin nonsense. Any time Fury hit him clean he was all over the shop. Ortiz had him gone as well, only for the poor follow up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think Ruiz wont get close , it'll be like AJ 2 but he'll get blasted out much earlier,

Wilder's Jab very under rated & once Ruiz steps inside he will be blasted to never never land , Lets not forget Chris Arreola had Ruiz over,

Ortiz is a very big puncher did he put him over or did Wilder just wobble can't remember,

He took a beating from Fury & kept getting up ,Having a bad chin only matter's if you don't get back up

One thing we have learned from Wilder is that has loads of hearth , I can't see Ruiz stopping him i just don't thin he has it in him ,

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Taxes

Agreed, I’m not sure if Wilder was put over by Ortiz, although he was wobbled.

I also agree that Ortiz is a big puncher with a 85% finish-rate across his wins.

it’s a terrible match-up for Ruiz stylistically and it’ll be a short-nights work for Wilder if the match is made.

Ortiz just had Wilder in trouble Fury was the first to score a KD on him.

i don’t think Wilder will ko Ruiz early I reckon it goes to at least round 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The bell saved wilder from a knock down in the first Ortiz fight.

He has commendable heart.

A pretty poor chin though and very poor balance after he takes a big shot.

Not sure how anyone thinks he has a poor chin,

46 fights & only Fury (who's a giant ) has dropped him & even then he kept getting back up ,

Lets not forget this is heavy weight boxing

Fury v Chisora confirmed for December 3rd

Dubois on the undercard

Don't mind it as long as we get Fury v Usyk in March / April

Fury is not a puncher, and any time he landed, Wilder was on real wobbly legs. His chin is average at best.

You keep saying he got up. That doesn't mean he has a good chin. Plenty weak chinned fighters get up. A solid chin is when a fighter absorbs well and takes a good clean shot with very little actual effect. This is NOT Wilder.

Wilder's chin is not glass, but it is not solid either. Had Fury been a puncher, Wilder is out there very early.

Fury WAS not a puncher, but that seems to have turned back it not one ,

He's 6ft 9 and nearly 270lbs & got back to going for the kill

Is there a man in the divison you'd back to go 12 rounds with Fury ?

Had Fury more power, as well as cleaner/more accurate follow ups, Wilder was gone in 4-5 rs tops....it's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

fury has power but not usually one punch KO power (although he did against Whyte).

Why didn't you answer my question ?

What about one Is Ortiz a heavy puncher ?

True, but I can imagine its pretty training mentally and physically making sure you are not on the end of a Wilder bomb. Also don't forget that Fury was knocked down a number of times by Wilder across the trilogy, so that's going to take away the energy and power reserves.

• Advertisement

trying to avoid wilder and punch heavy is not going to be easy, fury was being light on his feet and moving loads while landing fairly decent shots but planting feet is dangerous against wilder

fury v chisora press conference was on earlier, nothing eventful happened and chisora didn't look interested at all

Advertisement