Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Easier than a 41 year old with 10 losses ? The guy lost twice to stiverne I don’t think he can go much lower than that as an opponent at this stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Well he could go lower. The guy put Ruiz on his ass so he’s not a can or anything and Joshua coming off losses gets a by to do that. Fury entertaining Chisora is a total non event

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Genuinely I don’t see a whole lot of difference, you could argue that chisora gave usyk as good a fight as Joshua as well. Both fights are a waste of time but worse for fury as champion and undefeated I suppose at least joshua can use the rebuilding excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

good interview with Radio Rahim and Tyson Fury here

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 54,638 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Imagine Delboy beat Fury!!!😅

• Advertisement

Delboy did give Usyk a better fight than AJ. Some folks felt he could have even gotten the verdict. At least he gave it his absolute all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

I wouldn't begrudge Chisora the payday to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Chisora would beat Arreola with ease

Arreola is a terrible fighter

fury v chisora would sell well to the uk and the build up would be entertaining because they are two lively characters

in one interview fury was asked what would be the deciding factors on him picking is next opponent and he mentioned something about being able to sell the fight to the public and not just hardcore boxing fans

He’s been getting heaps a fooking paydays years past his best, which was bang average!!!

• Advertisement

Well, he must think the public are absolute mugs. Anyone and his mother knows Delboy is a complete can here as regards opposition to Fury.

It may sell tickets (because people buy any old Sh1t for a night out), but absolutely not at all selling as any type of competitive sporting occasion.

And even non-boxing fans will know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭squinn2912

There would need to be a very well matched undercard for that main event. Chisora has a following and he’s full blooded but so limited. Against Usyk he had a size and weight advantage but with Fury he has no way to win. Leading with his face he would get the head jabbed off him and then Fury decides if he wants a big KO or not. Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah Chisora shouldn't be stuck for a few quid. It looks a dire fight, but I will give Fury a pass if its merely a tune up fight for someone like Usyk, Joyce or even Ortiz early in 2023.

I think Joshua will be fed some can also in December tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Butson

Sh!t fight, but I can kind of see the point from Furys point of view if it's a tune up for Usyk. For Chisora, big payday that he really shouldn't be getting.

Chisora is shorter and stocky than Fury's last two opponents in Wilder and Whyte. More along the build of Usyk.

Warren said they are hoping to get fury out again in February with Usyk all going well, fingers crossed fury doesn’t get injured and Usyk has finished his recovery in the mountains

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Butson

Wilder v Helenius this weekend.

Big knockout incoming I would think.

Oh of course ,

We all seen how Wilder v his mate Malik Scott went , well Rob is a long time training partner & sparring partner of Wilder's for years , i would not be surprised for it to go like the Scott fight,

Love to see Helnius beat Wilder....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

When you consider all the big fights and wars Chisora was in, someone like David Haye is worth about four times as much as him.

That kills him. That's why you see Chisora hanging around the YouTube boxers, trying to get in on the scene for a payday.

I'm not saying Chisora is poor. But hasn't made the money he should have.

Whatever you say about Del Boy, he has two bad losing streaks in his career and took some serious defeats, but he has rescued his career twice. And he has been in with the best around more than once. Got to respect him for the that. He has never been a protected or sheltered fighter.

Chisora can fook off....he knows damn well he is shot to bits, as well as never being near world class. Hasn't made the money he should have? What exactly should he have been making? He was never that good. A chap that was knocked out 10-11 years ago by David Haye, and here we are in 2022 arguing his case for a payday.....ffs

• Advertisement

Didn’t David Haye go skint and went into tbe jungle and made a comeback to raise money ? I’m sure he lost everything in the crash

Well at least he turns up to fight ,

A certain someone didn't have the balls to turn up ato fight Fury ,

Strange isn't it Dellboy also had the guts to walk Usyk down & cause him trouble when the same certain somebody didn't in two fights ,

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

when we heard about the two trilogy thing we should have known this was on the cards. waste of time. chisora won 1 close fight in his last 4. usyk saying he's dropping down to cruiser so we can forget about that one too. not sure what's left for fury perhaps a 4th with wilder. andy ruiz said he'd fight in december. very disappointing.

I never doubted his commitment to fight, and have praised him several times for same. He knows he has 0 chance v Fury, and he knows he’s shot to bits. And everyone else knows this too. So fook any argument about him deserving a payday. Been raking in paydays years now.

Usyk is saying a different thing every time he’s interviewed these days, I suspect he plans to drop down once he’s fought fury so he can try Canelo

Usyk dropping down to 200 lbs and below to see out his career is odd. Unless he really wants to try ensure he retires undefeated…

Cause he turns up to fight, hard to pay lads who won't turn up isn't it ,

Well going off performances against there most recent opponent incommon Delboy has a better chance than AJ .

Why you keep bringing up AJ, anyway? You’re worse than Fury with your AJ obsession .

Because himself an Dell boy have a recent opponent in common ,

Plus you moaning about Dell boy getting pay day , he's only getting the pay day because AJ refused to show up

• Advertisement

I never mentioned AJ. I am speaking about Del boy being an absolute joke of an opponent. No idea why you want to bring AJ into that

Simple question: Is Del Boy a joke opponent here or not? Yes or no....?

Payday. No, he does not deserve a payday. He's rubbish, and has been rubbish for years whilst getting paydays. Sad state of affairs when folks can't see this, or choose not to.

I am not moaning: I am simply dismissing this rubbish about him "deserving a payday." Absolute rubbish

The constant referencing AJ here by you is nothing to do with my point. But, like Fury, you seem to have a hard-on for trying to make this about him, to then slate him.

As an add-on, it has been said that Fury and Del boy have been in talks for many many weeks, and even before Fury and his call out to AJ...

Advertisement