Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Wilder said on one of his streams that he wanted to decapitate fury, he takes it too far

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Wilder said on one of his streams that he wanted to decapitate fury, he takes it too far

LOL, reminds me of Drederick Tatum in the Simpsons:

I got nothing against him, but I'm definitely gonna make orphans of his children.
    Reporter: Uh, you know, they do have a mother, Champ?
    Yes, but I would imagine that she would die of grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Not the first time either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Whyte back on giving it loads about what he’d do to Wilder. I’d predict Wilder with a brutal KO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Just checked ss app. Did he not speak at all? I thought that would be his tactic

Yeah I'm pretty sure I mentioned it a while back that it is really the only tactic that makes any sense for him, what do you say to a guy who smashed you like that? Just ignore, don't engage and if you have genuinely managed to turn that around somehow it's on the night in the ring when you show that. No words needed. If it can have an impact on your opponent great, but ultimately it's your only tactic anyway

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm pretty sure I mentioned it a while back that it is really the only tactic that makes any sense for him, what do you say to a guy who smashed you like that? Just ignore, don't engage and if you have genuinely managed to turn that around somehow it's on the night in the ring when you show that. No words needed. If it can have an impact on your opponent great, but ultimately it's your only tactic anyway

Yea I remember making similar points. The only other option is to admit you were smashed and that’s generally ok if you get caught like aj vs Ruiz. If Wilder starts talking about his costume or cornerman now he will be ridiculed. Cards very close to chest and show on fight night. Part of me wouldn’t mind seeing him catching Fury just for the sheer chaotic mayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Yea I remember making similar points. The only other option is to admit you were smashed and that’s generally ok if you get caught like aj vs Ruiz. If Wilder starts talking about his costume or cornerman now he will be ridiculed. Cards very close to chest and show on fight night. Part of me wouldn’t mind seeing him catching Fury just for the sheer chaotic mayhem

Did AJ just get caught ?

Did AJ just get caught ?

Yea. He was going in for the finish after the knockdown and left himself wide open for a big hook. After being caught he was broken down over the next few rounds. He was in no trouble until that third round even if Ruiz was giving a decent account of himself

Yea. He was going in for the finish after the knockdown and left himself wide open for a big hook. After being caught he was broken down over the next few rounds. He was in no trouble until that third round even if Ruiz was giving a decent account of himself

Personally i wouldn't say he was just caught,

Round 1 : If i remember correctly a lot of people had round 1 to Ruiz it was close although i think the official card had it AJ,

Round 2 : Was AJ

And then in round 3 it went pear shaped ,

So i'm not sure you can say he was caught it was a even fight going into round 3 and then Ruiz took control & AJ even won a round after round 3 (can't recall if it was 4 or 5)

I think he just got beat its not like he was dominated and got hit with a lucky shot , Plus he recovered from round 3 for at least a round only to unravel again

Personally i wouldn't say he was just caught,

Round 1 : If i remember correctly a lot of people had round 1 to Ruiz it was close although i think the official card had it AJ,

Round 2 : Was AJ

And then in round 3 it went pear shaped ,

So i'm not sure you can say he was caught it was a even fight going into round 3 and then Ruiz took control & AJ even won a round after round 3 (can't recall if it was 4 or 5)

I think he just got beat its not like he was dominated and got hit with a lucky shot , Plus he recovered from round 3 for at least a round only to unravel again

Well of course there are levels of caughtness if we’re going to explore it in detail. It wasn’t like McCall Lewis or Wilder Ortiz II where the punches seemed to come from nowhere.

For me, caught is pear shaped - it happened suddenly and against the run of things. Round 1 the boys kinda felt each other out. 2 aj on top. 3 early part of the round ruiz is on his hole and aj comes in for what he thinks is the kill and takes a big hook he’s not expecting. I totally disagree when you say he recovered. No he didn’t. He was able to last around a minute each round thereafter and threw very little meaningful. Next 2 mins each round and he was clinging on and looked very vulnerable.

It all came from the hook when he didn’t see coming. If he’d gone in there a slight bit more carefully then he’d likely have got rid of ruiz in that third round.

• Advertisement

Well of course there are levels of caughtness if we’re going to explore it in detail. It wasn’t like McCall Lewis or Wilder Ortiz II where the punches seemed to come from nowhere.

For me, caught is pear shaped - it happened suddenly and against the run of things. Round 1 the boys kinda felt each other out. 2 aj on top. 3 early part of the round ruiz is on his hole and aj comes in for what he thinks is the kill and takes a big hook he’s not expecting. I totally disagree when you say he recovered. No he didn’t. He was able to last around a minute each round thereafter and threw very little meaningful. Next 2 mins each round and he was clinging on and looked very vulnerable.

It all came from the hook when he didn’t see coming. If he’d gone in there a slight bit more carefully then he’d likely have got rid of ruiz in that third round.

IN the same time you could say Ruiz was doing fine till he got "caught " with the right hand that out him down ,

I will give you that your probably right AJ didn't recover he just kind of held it together if that makes sense,

IN the same time you could say Ruiz was doing fine till he got "caught " with the right hand that out him down ,

I will give you that your probably right AJ didn't recover he just kind of held it together if that makes sense,

Funny as I was writing that answer I was thinking exactly that as the counter argument. I think the difference was that aj ‘caught’ Ruiz when both were expecting the hits in open play as it were.

Yea that’s what I think too. He was only hanging in there for me and of very little threat with the inability to throw anything with much behind it.

Wilders off his rocker,. See his latest video benching what look like 120kg for 1 rep, Only he doesn't because his two spotters lift it and his form is absolutely ridiculous,hes jumping around celebrating shouting about a train ials comingn

Hes a 6ft 7 heavey weight im being honest when i say, i know lads 5th 7 who just play Sunday leauge football who could bench that for 1 rep,with less help than he got

He's obviously still surrounded by yes men if he thinks doing that and putting up the video is impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Wilders off his rocker,. See his latest video benching what look like 120kg for 1 rep, Only he doesn't because his two spotters lift it and his form is absolutely ridiculous,hes jumping around celebrating shouting about a train ials comingn

Hes a 6ft 7 heavey weight im being honest when i say, i know lads 5th 7 who just play Sunday leauge football who could bench that for 1 rep,with less help than he got

He's obviously still surrounded by yes men if he thinks doing that and putting up the video is impressive

That's cringy as **** to be fair not really inspiring for the next fight

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Pastalover

I did 100kg one rep with a spotter a few years back and I was never a strong gym goer.

You’d expect a former heavyweight belt holder to lift more.

Anyone know what other belt holders or past champions lifted?

Wilders attempt at a branch press was pathetic, he had a bigger arch than Macdonalds

There must have been more than 100kg on it? It’s not that unlike the silliness Fury gets up to hardly that big a deal. Remember he broke a watermelon in a video before wlad fight? Big wow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pastalover wrote: »

Anyone know what other belt holders or past champions lifted?

I dont think a lot of them lift that much in general. Lower weights, higher reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Wilders attempt at a branch press was pathetic, he had a bigger arch than Macdonalds

Pretty sure I've seen a clip of Amir Khan benching 150kg.

Dillian Whyte has posted a clip of himself lifting the same weight for a number of reps and using dumbbells instead of a bar bell (it makes it much tougher ) and doing it alternated ( one hand at a time ) which again makes it much tougher again.

• Advertisement

Dillian Whyte has posted a clip of himself lifting the same weight for a number of reps and using dumbbells instead of a bar bell (it makes it much tougher ) and doing it alternated ( one hand at a time ) which again makes it much tougher again.

Yea I saw that. It was 310 lbs. so just heavier than Fury. He hasn’t much technique at anything. Still
    Reckon he’d ice whyte

Shows he is just surrounded by yes me,

How did someone not say here look that looked terrible and your spotters actually done all the heavy fighting don't post it ,

Shows he is just surrounded by yes me,

How did someone not say here look that looked terrible and your spotters actually done all the heavy fighting don't post it ,

Nothing worse than a confident fool. Would it all be part of the ploy to catch Fury out?

Nothing worse than a confident fool. Would it all be part of the ploy to catch Fury out?

i wouldn't give the lad that much credit ,
    Plus i don't think Fury cares he know he has to be on it on it and not to get caught

i wouldn't give the lad that much credit ,
    Plus i don't think Fury cares he know he has to be on it on it and not to get caught

If Fury is on it then he will batter him. After that boys like whyte will probably take him

Wilder doesn’t strike me as a man with a plan to pull the wool over the eyes of fury, he’s the most bizarre character in boxing when posting on social media showing his guns and twerking.
    I’m not sure about the video wilder showed with him doing new footwork and I think he will revert to the same old style which has been very successful so far until fury
    Wilder is very dangerous and I will be in the edge of my seat watching it, I just hope fury is tuned in and doesn’t get lamped by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Saw a video of Wilder once where he stood in the sea and starting throwing punches while standing in waist deep water and he genuinely thought he was doing something amazing, he looked like a complete dope to be honest.
    And this was a few years, don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box.

Wilder doesn’t strike me as a man with a plan to pull the wool over the eyes of fury, he’s the most bizarre character in boxing when posting on social media showing his guns and twerking.
    I’m not sure about the video wilder showed with him doing new footwork and I think he will revert to the same old style which has been very successful so far until fury
    Wilder is very dangerous and I will be in the edge of my seat watching it, I just hope fury is tuned in and doesn’t get lamped by him.

Dangerous if given time and space. Fury good at denying that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

First Boxing post on the new Site :)

Joshua vs Usyk Confirmed for September 25th in the Tottenham Hotspur stadium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I kind of find it funny that they have Usyk holding belts on the poster

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement