Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Looks like Ruiz knows he is going to risk getting hit hard and wants to turn himself into an immovable object.

He’s hoping that when the time comes for Joshua to move in for the kill he can plant his feet and counter with a bomb. It’ll be a boring first few rounds looking at Joshua’s jab.

Unless,

Joshua comes in wanting to prove a point and flies out of the trap playing straight into Ruiz’s hands.

Or

Maybe the reason we never heard much of Ruiz until his title fight was because he is unreliable with his diet and he has just piled a load of weight on because he can’t turn down a feed.

Who knows I can’t wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I reckon Ruiz had the pockets and hat weighed down, he'll skip into the ring around 15 stone tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Anything on ring walk times for under card and main event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I reckon Ruiz had the pockets and hat weighed down, he'll skip into the ring around 15 stone tomorrow night

That would be the greatest moment in modern boxing if he pulled off his robe and looked like brad Pitt in fight club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Vudgie wrote: »
    Anything on ring walk times for under card and main event?

Main event ring walk is 8 45. Havent seen any others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Main event ring walk is 8 45. Havent seen any others.

Anyway to pay for a one off stream without having Sky, Virgin etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Just made the same point to a mate. He definitely had the phone and fully clothed. Good dinner in him too. There’s at least half a stone. Yon hat could have had the belts in it

weemcd wrote: »
    Jesus Ruiz is a big boy. If he doesn't get AJ out of there hows he gonna fare in the later rounds? How does AJ fare getting hit by Ruiz with another stone behind him??

Swear to God there's way more answers than questions in this one.

I did a bit of a write up for my own interest but if anybody wanted a look it's here:

https://link.medium.com/1MPBDQ0rb2

That's brillant

Great read

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Whyte cleared by UKAD
    Having rigorously scrutinised and investigated the detailed factual and scientific evidence provided by Mr Whyte, UKAD is satisfied that the presence of the very low amounts of metabolites in his 20 June 2019 sample was not caused by any fault, negligence or wrongdoing on Mr Whyte’s part and, given the circumstances, could not have affected the fight between Mr Whyte and Mr Rivas on 20 July 2019.

Indeed, prior to that fight, an independent tribunal considered a number of the above factors before deciding to permit Mr Whyte to participate. Following that preliminary ruling, UKAD continued its investigation and Mr Whyte provided further evidence in his defence, which has culminated in UKAD’s decision to withdraw the charge.

Whyte cleared by UKAD

Does it really matter?

Untitled.png

18st 2lb, hmmmm

• Advertisement

SS Action now lads. Aj ringwalk did t even look right. Clenching his teeth, very tensed up. 35 mins late. All odd

Mike9832 wrote: »
    That's brillant

Great read

Really good read yea I enjoyed that fair play mate. Anyone doubting if aj has the stones to fight look again at the third. If he didn’t fancy it he wouldn’t have got up. He could well have been waved off after the second knock down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

AJ has been battering smaller men for years and now Ruiz weighs in heavy he starts banging on about how there should be super heavyweights in pro. He is a super heavyweight himself surely? He was as an amateur anyway.

Feel like he's getting his excuses ready early with the weight difference thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Anybody know gmt ring walk time, seeing conflicting estimates online.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,991 ✭✭✭✭walshb

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Anybody know gmt ring walk time, seeing conflicting estimates online.

Officially it is 20:45 Irish time for ring walk..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Does it really matter?

Untitled.png

18st 2lb, hmmmm

Strange hohis abs are most prominent whe he was heaviest, Also did u see the shape of Whyte iknow he says 2 weeks notice but úd have to worried seen, as its first fight since his second tinted supplment case

• Registered Users Posts: 17,772 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Really good read yea I enjoyed that fair play mate. Anyone doubting if aj has the stones to fight look again at the third. If he didn’t fancy it he wouldn’t have got up. He could well have been waved off after the second knock down

That 3rd round was a classic

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Strange hohis abs are most prominent whe he was heaviest, Also did u see the shape of Whyte iknow he says 2 weeks notice but úd have to worried seen, as its first fight since his second tinted supplment case

I was at Whyte’s last fight and his fitness was questionable then. Every round he sat on his seat 2/3 seconds after the bell rang to signal the beginning of the next round. He doesn’t look to have worked much on his fitness

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Interesting point about him not wilting against Wlad when in trouble. Id counter with this though, when hurt against a combination thrower like Ruiz, AJ just couldnt see the shots coming. With Wlad you get that guard up pronto, Ruiz throws variations not seen by many heavyweights.

Not placing Ruiz ahead of Wlad in the HW roll of honour but its just I think his style is all wrong for AJ. The Parker fight is closest blue print AJ should follow but even at that, Ruiz is braver and will look to fight.

AJ is an athlete/gym bunny turn boxer. Ruiz is a fighter, maybe not an elite one but his experience greatly outweighs AJs. Reaction to being tagged by an opponent who senses blood in the water is a key attribute. AJ has zero head movement.

Saying that AJ should be using his dimensions to keep this fight at range, he has the power to keep Ruiz honest. He should be fighting cautiously to a points victory. Even though he can pop himself, AJ wont want this fight opening up as a slugfest as Ruiz throws when you are throwing. He is not a traditional euro HW who throws, covers up, and throws. He can slip a shot and is brave to thrown when an opponent is launching offence.

AJ is most vulnerable when he lets his own hands go.

No arguments here yep big difference between Ruiz and Wlad. The roll of honor is one for another time.

One thing, AJ will need to have devised a plan to deal with ruiz’s body shots, particularly in the clinch

Bit of a give away alright

The hgh gut, 3d delts, enlarged traps, biceps, insertions

Probably a great responder

Joshua is so genetically gifted he wouldn't need much hormonal help like say Whyte, Miller etc would need, wouldnt label him a juice head

• Advertisement

Surely Pulev is due another fight against one of the big boys soon? I feel he's being avoided in the same way Ortiz is, would like to see himself and Povetkin go at it as they've both been fighting at the same level for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,991 ✭✭✭✭walshb

AJ has been battering smaller men for years and now Ruiz weighs in heavy he starts banging on about how there should be super heavyweights in pro. He is a super heavyweight himself surely? He was as an amateur anyway.

Feel like he's getting his excuses ready early with the weight difference thing.

This true?

Ridiculous...about 70 lbs of Ruiz is just excess flab..

walshb wrote: »
    This true?

Ridiculous...about 70 lbs of Ruiz is just excess flab..

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsBoxing/status/1202959000574349313?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-3377167693494821665.ampproject.net%2F1911191835190%2Fframe.html

He's kinda half joking with the journalist but it's definitely on his mind.

Surely Pulev is due another fight against one of the big boys soon? I feel he's being avoided in the same way Ortiz is, would like to see himself and Povetkin go at it as they've both been fighting at the same level for years now.

Has he got a big fight since Wlad? Beat all comers

Just watching some build up here. The shot Ruiz hit aj with is so similar to the one that he hit whyte with. No coming back from one in the temple like that. Credit to aj for the effort he did put into it. In the 5th he really went for it

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Has he got a big fight since Wlad? Beat all comers

Delboy and Hughie are the biggest names on his record since Wlad. He's 38 now so he needs to get another title shot quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,575 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

He was joking is how I read it considering he said after it that that at heavyweight it doesn't really matter.

He was joking is how I read it considering he said after it that that at heavyweight it doesn't really matter.

Watch the interview I posted on the last page, it happens the other way around. Again he looks like he's only half joking to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,575 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Watch the interview I posted on the last page, it happens the other way around. Again he looks like he's only half joking to me.

I saw the interview last night.

Ultimately he's said the weight doesn't matter that it's about the skill. Which isn't s great way to prepare an excuse.

• Advertisement

I saw the interview last night.

Ultimately he's said the weight doesn't matter that it's about the skill. Which isn't s great way to prepare an excuse.

Yeah funny enough that was the only time he seemed to be joking

Advertisement