Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Eddie Hearn has said they have replacements, Why not thrown him in with Del boy ?

Plenty of tickets already sold for the Usyk fight this weekend so he'll fight this weekend.

No way would Chisora take the fight on such short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Plenty of tickets already sold for the Usyk fight this weekend so he'll fight this weekend.

No way would Chisora take the fight on such short notice.

Yes, because as useless as he is, can you imagine how much more useless he'd be on short notice...

walshb wrote: »
    Yes, because as useless as he is, can you imagine how much more useless he'd be on short notice...

Oh I'd imagine our Delboy would have some air of grandeur about him and how he'd be the A side and he couldn't possibly leave his 26th of october card in the lurch.

Tis easy forget Takam was boxing rings round him till he tired massively and got hit all within the same round.

I say all the above as someone who kinda likes chisora for reasons unknown...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Eddie Hearn has said they have replacements, Why not thrown him in with Del boy ?

He'll throw him in with Joey Dawejko is what I heard, that's the guy who apparently concussed AJ before the Ruiz fight.

Looking at Spong's resume I don't think Dawejko would be a step down even though he is more of a journeyman.

Delboy is fighting Price now on the 26th anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

Who fights Usyk now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

weemcd wrote: »
    Who fights Usyk now?

Michael Hunter? he was mooching for the Chisora fight so may have been keeping active

gwalk wrote: »
    Michael Hunter? he was mooching for the Chisora fight so may have been keeping active

Don’t really want to see that, they already fought.
    I’d prefer to see him in with a real heavyweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delboy is fighting Price now on the 26th anyway.

I’d say Chisora will take his head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Chisora Price is essentially a loser retires fight and winner fights Parker Q1 2020. Price wins he might fight Whyte

Usyk will fight someone awful this weekend to stay busy then fight winner of Povektin/Hunter (Aj card) Q1 2020

Joshua Ruiz. Joshua wins faces Pulev in April 2020. Ruiz wins fights either Pulev/Wilder.

Wilder will Ko Ortiz (retire after) then hopefully fight fury 22nd Feb.

Joyce will fight Huck and then Dubois at some point in 2020. Would prefer see him and Charr.

That leaves Miller, Kabayel, Kowanaki, Hrgovic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Furys eye must be ok if hes poncing about in the WWE ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

ACAguy wrote: »
    Chisora Price is essentially a loser retires fight and winner fights Parker Q1 2020. Price wins he might fight Whyte

Usyk will fight someone awful this weekend to stay busy then fight winner of Povektin/Hunter (Aj card) Q1 2020

Joshua Ruiz. Joshua wins faces Pulev in April 2020. Ruiz wins fights either Pulev/Wilder.

Joyce will fight Huck and then Dubois at some point in 2020. Would prefer see him and Charr.

Think Joyce should avoid Dubois like a Jedward Concert.

Wouldn't be pretty.

Usyk vs Chazz Witherspoon

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/284612

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Think Joyce should avoid Dubois like a Jedward Concert.

Wouldn't be pretty.

You think? I could see him causing Dubois plenty of problems. He’s slow but hits hard and a lot. Dubois looks good but those guys he’s fought are utter junk. Gorman might be an exception but too early to say

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

ACAguy wrote: »

Can't see Fury fighting till April ,

Also who knows how Wilder comes through Ortiz I expect him to win of course but who knows what happens ,

squinn2912 wrote: »
    You think? I could see him causing Dubois plenty of problems. He’s slow but hits hard and a lot. Dubois looks good but those guys he’s fought are utter junk. Gorman might be an exception but too early to say

I think Dubois just overwhelms Joe, he has way faster hands and as strong as Joe is I still think Dubois throws harder as well.

Someone please just knock the mummy, Joe Joyce out!

I think Dubois just overwhelms Joe, he has way faster hands and as strong as Joe is I still think Dubois throws harder as well.

You could well be right lad. He’s looked much more impressive but JJ seemed to beat Jennings very easily for me. I can’t have him so won’t be in any way annoyed if he gets knocked out.

Price impressed me in his last fight it was actually enjoyable enough to watch. Likewise Chisora is coming off a savage knockout so he'll be up for it, reckon it's gonna be a good scrap despite the lack of pedigree.

Price impressed me in his last fight it was actually enjoyable enough to watch. Likewise Chisora is coming off a savage knockout so he'll be up for it, reckon it's gonna be a good scrap despite the lack of pedigree.

Price has bee really shy of letting his hands go of late , his last fight with Allen was the first time in a while he seem not afraid,

I like watching Del Boy not because he is good but because he make people fight , he comes after you ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Good interview.

Price has bee really shy of letting his hands go of late , his last fight with Allen was the first time in a while he seem not afraid,

I like watching Del Boy not because he is good but because he make people fight , he comes after you ,

That was last chance saloon for Price don't think he had an option but to let his hands go.

Yeah as sketchy as Chisora is his power still commands a certain amount of respect as well, feel like he's fighting better now than he was back when Haye smashed him up.

Would effing love Price to chin Chisora......what an utterly unlikable character.

I think plodder Chisora wins early to mid rds KO, not at all because he is good, but because Price is just so vulnerable...

walshb wrote: »
    Would effing love Price to chin Chisora......what an utterly unlikable character.

I think plodder Chisora wins early to mid rds KO, not at all because he is good, but because Price is juts so vulnerable...

I have to agree, Chisora strength is he is pretty durable and Price's weakness is that he isn't , but god knows what will happen

I have to agree, Chisora strength is he is pretty durable and Price's weakness is that he isn't , but god knows what will happen

In a nutshell.....

Price’s tactics against Allen were spot on but Chisora will be able to walk through that. I can’t have him but see him stopping price in 5. Would love price to flatten him. Too slow and too afraid though

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Price’s tactics against Allen were spot on but Chisora will be able to walk through that. I can’t have him but see him stopping price in 5. Would love price to flatten him. Too slow and too afraid though

I dunno tbh Delboy is absolutely useless at closing the distance against rangey opponents that have a stiff jab.

If price could produce another Allen performance but just up the movement the tiniest bit more I could see him giving chisora a long punishing fight.

That said it is David Price after all so it'd be just as likely we see him come out in the 3rd looking like he's ran a marathon and get knocked clean out.

Interesting fight truth be told.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Should be an interesting fight, Price will need to get to him early to have any chance.

Most likely Del Boy will just take it and keep coming forward, Price won't have the stamina or movement to keep him off. Fancy Dell Boy around 7th or 8th.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Usyk 215lbs and looks in great shape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Advertisement