Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

WB Yokes wrote: »
    I take it Wilder Fury 2 wont happen in February now? Surely Fury will be out for 6 months to give those nasty cuts time to heal.

We'll see how good the plastic surgeon is! His cut man should be knighted so assume hes a good surgeon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

WB Yokes wrote: »
    I take it Wilder Fury 2 wont happen in February now? Surely Fury will be out for 6 months to give those nasty cuts time to heal.

To be fair that date is up in the air because isn't Wilder suppose to fight in October ?
    He could easily get injured himself in that one ,

• Registered Users Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Nal wrote: »
    We'll see how good the plastic surgeon is! His cut man should be knighted so assume hes a good surgeon too.

Really was a nasty cut. And was flowing right till the end

Something like this can end a career, as regards how well it heals, and how vulnerable it is to future connections....

walshb wrote: »
    Really was a nasty cut. And was flowing right till the end

Something like this can end a career, as regards how well it heals, and how vulnerable it is to future connections....

Yeah for example. Shows how important cut men are.

https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/1173170643879305216

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Pretty good summary of the fight

• Advertisement

Hey Guys... I am much more of an mma fan than a boxing fan but I do watch a lot of the heavyweight boxing fights but I am not an educated boxing fan by any means.

What do some of the boxing aficionados here think of Ben Davison? Is the criticism of him deserved?

Hey Guys... I am much more of an mma fan than a boxing fan but I do watch a lot of the heavyweight boxing fights but I am not an educated boxing fan by any means.

What do some of the boxing aficionados here think of Ben Davison? Is the criticism of him deserved?

For me its too early to say really ,

Plus being a brilliant trainer only works if you have a fighter that needs your strenghts as a trainer and is already strong at your weak points as a trainer ,

Look back at the history of boxing take the top ten trainer / fighter partnerships that are know the world over and swap the fighter around and they wouldnt be as succesful,

Would Enzo been as succesful with anyone other than Joe ?

Ward and Hu ter where made for each other

Would Flyod have got to where he did without his dad ,

Its impossible to tell , only time will tell on Ben and Tyson and if it fails it doesnt mean its just the trainers fault either

• Registered Users Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Trainers can be both underrated and overrated IMO.

The boxer does the work......

Of course, some fighters need that extra little bit to keep them fierce and focused and at their best

Trainer's main goal is to keep their man focused, hungry and passionate....

Kevin Rooney!!!!!!! Mike Tyson!!!!!

walshb wrote: »
    Trainers can be both underrated and overrated IMO.

The boxer does the work......

Of course, some fighters need that extra little bit to keep them fierce and focused and at their best

Trainer's main goal is to keep their man focused, hungry and passionate....

Kevin Rooney!!!!!!! Mike Tyson!!!!!

Spot on you can teach a fighter all u want but its up to him to use it and stick to game plans and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Anyone gonna look at Daniel Dubois tonight? I’d think early-mid ko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Anyone gonna look at Daniel Dubois tonight? I’d think early-mid ko

What time is he in the ring?

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    What time is he in the ring?

It’ll be at least 10.00

It’ll be at least 10.00

Good, kids will be in bed and I'll get the telly back!

Declan Geraghty having a great scrap with Archie sharp on the card atm

Declan Geraghty having a great scrap with Archie sharp on the card atm

Jesus. Spoke too soon.

Jesus. Spoke too soon.

What a great shot, spark out.

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    What a great shot, spark out.

Yea it was on the way Sharp was keeping the hands up while geraghty was low down and open to that hit. When sharp closed the distance he had no idea

This boy is in trouble!

This boy is in trouble!

What a can

Did any of you watch the post fight commentary? Thought Joyce got a raw deal. His victory over Jennings was a very good one. I don’t think it suits either him or Dubois to have that fight they’re better off trying to fight guys off world level. Dubois in no hurry at all.

• Advertisement

Nothing learned there. Bit of a farce really. A tomato can. Likely fighting again in December so not to wait.

The Nal wrote: »
    Nothing learned there. Bit of a farce really. A tomato can. Likely fighting again in December so not to wait.

Total nonsense. BT farce Bunce talking up Dubois after that. Yer man barely bothered to put in the gum shield

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

UKAD will give up the case because they have no money to fight it.

I think you are right there about the Whyte situation. That seems to be what Hearn is banking on, then he'll spin it as his man was vindicated.

Regarding Dubois, looking back on his fight with Gorman, a better boxer might have countered and punished him when he left himself open at times. Maybe i'm being a bit harsh on him though, we should know in the next 18 months if he is a real threat at elite level.

Wilder vs Ortiz 2 finally confirmed for 23rd November.

Wilder vs Ortiz 2 finally confirmed for 23rd November.

Aye see that should be a decent fight but probably an earlier stoppage for Wilder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Tyson Fury on WWE I just seen. Wonder is he going wrestling or was it just a once off

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

He's on again tonight. It should be entertaining. It was an agreement between Fox And ESPN to build his profile ahead of the rematch with Wilder. No way will arum allow him to wrestle while he is under contract to him and ESPN. It might happen in the future,though.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

It's going to be Chisora Price on Oct 26th what do people think?

Povektin Hunter on Aj card

Tyrone Spong has just been popped by Vada. Looks like the Usyk fight is off.

• Advertisement

Tyrone Spong has just been popped by Vada. Looks like the Usyk fight is off.

Eddie Hearn has said they have replacements, Why not thrown him in with Del boy ?

Advertisement