Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dublin Coach Experience

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

The 04 Neoplan was getting worked on in Portlaoise yesterday, an hour later Corcorans was towing it when I came back that way. There can't be much life left in it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

patrickc wrote: »
    The 04 Neoplan was getting worked on in Portlaoise yesterday, an hour later Corcorans was towing it when I came back that way. There can't be much life left in it.

Still a few of them still in service, along with the 2004 Setras from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Saw their mini bus with the retractable roof pulling into Dundrum just off the Airport - Dundrum service last week, madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

devnull wrote: »
    Still a few of them still in service, along with the 2004 Setras from what I've seen.

I regularly see the setras particularly on the M9 route, hadn't seen many Neoplans lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

patrickc wrote: »
    I regularly see the setras particularly on the M9 route, hadn't seen many Neoplans lately.

Drive up to Knockmitten and see the remains of plenty of them on the roadside.

They must have no shame leaving their relics gathering rust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

Drive up to Knockmitten and see the remains of plenty of them on the roadside.

They must have no shame leaving their relics gathering rust.

They’re storing loads at quickpark at the airport. No idea if any are still on the roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Dublin coaches are up for sale. Seen a few 142 regd Mercedes coaches being sold

Not sure what else is in the stock pile

Dublin coaches are up for sale. Seen a few 142 regd Mercedes coaches being sold

Not sure what else is in the stock pile

Where did you see it advertised out of curiosity?

Laughable that they're selling 2014 coaches when they've spent the last few years running many of their services on vehicles well past their best from 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

devnull wrote: »
    Where did you see it advertised out of curiosity?

Laughable that they're selling 2014 coaches when they've spent the last few years running many of their services on vehicles well past their best from 2004.

I notice it's a UK company selling them but here you go anyways

Reg plates are on them in images so can be checked and have been checked. Dublin coaches no longer !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Anyone know how much the NTA are paying them for FTP customers?

• Advertisement

I notice it's a UK company selling them but here you go anyways

Reg plates are on them in images so can be checked and have been checked. Dublin coaches no longer !

1,500,000km in less than 5 years service almost!

You'd hate to think how many km on the clock those ex Aircoach Setras have, bearing in mind there were some close to 3 million km when they left Aircoach and they've been with Dublin Coach a good few years now!

They also have some ex Aircoach Jonckheere SHV's, wonder if John O' is interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Was looking up where the Dublin Coach depot was just out of interest. They dont have much of a formal depot by the looks of it.
    Most of the buses are parked up along the roads within the industrial estate with a few parked up in a yard beside the building
    where I assume the offices/maintenence area is. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

p_haugh wrote: »
    Saw their mini bus with the retractable roof pulling into Dundrum just off the Airport - Dundrum service last week, madness!

I was getting the 6.45 pm service from the airport this evening. He pulled out of airport at 6.35 pm! Fortunately, we didn't hang around in terminal until the last minute! Is this their typical punctuality?

He went round the back of the runway to get on the M50 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I was getting the 6.45 pm service from the airport this evening. He pulled out of airport at 6.35 pm! Fortunately, we didn't hang around in terminal until the last minute! Is this their typical punctuality?

There’s two different services- the Portlaoise/Kildare one and the Dundrum and both serve the Red Cow- where were you headed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Stephen15 wrote: »
    bit careless of Aircoach not to have snapped that domain up already...

road_high wrote: »
    There’s two different services- the Portlaoise/Kildare one and the Dundrum and both serve the Red Cow- where were you headed?

Dundrum - scheduled for 6.45, left at 6.35

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Yeah both services tend to use that route from time to time to avoid traffic on the M50/M1 Junction plus dropping drivers off at their Quick park depot. They roughly take same amount of time.

JeffK88 wrote: »
    Yeah both services tend to use that route from time to time to avoid traffic on the M50/M1 Junction plus dropping drivers off at their Quick park depot. They roughly take same amount of time.
    THanks - have others seen these early departures happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 christin

I need to travel from kildare village to Dublin on saturday morning around 9am. Would anyone know if the dublin coach is usually on time on saturday mornings on the M7 into Dublin or is it ever delayed? Many Thanks.

christin wrote: »
    I need to travel from kildare village to Dublin on saturday morning around 9am. Would anyone know if the dublin coach is usually on time on saturday mornings on the M7 into Dublin or is it ever delayed? Many Thanks.

In all honesty, anything can happen where DC is concerned. I’m in Newbridge, & we used always get a bus earlier than necessary in case of breakdown crash etc. we missed a flight once & because of this swore never to use them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭belfast stephen

New coaches due in the early 2020 the deal is signed some of the coaches will go on to the belfast route with the 181 mercs going on to route 300 and the 161 mercs going on to the cork route all the Neopkan deckers are now off the road and the Ex arch setreas will follow

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

New coaches due in the early 2020 the deal is signed some of the coaches will go on to the belfast route with the 181 mercs going on to route 300 and the 161 mercs going on to the cork route all the Neopkan deckers are now off the road and the Ex arch setreas will follow

So that means the existing ones can be allowed have the wheels falling off ??? Seen Waterford today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

91wx763 wrote: »
    So that means the existing ones can be allowed have the wheels falling off ??? Seen Waterford today.

That's how it's meant to look.... That coach is ok.

That's how it's meant to look.... That coach is ok.

Totally disagree. There are three missing. You either use wheel nut covers or you don't. Halfway arrangements are worse than not using them.

Totally disagree. There are three missing. You either use wheel nut covers or you don't. Halfway arrangements are worse than not using them.

Well that wasn't stated...

Of course they should be replaced but they could well have been knocked off only recent.

Walk around each day should of course sort that.

Of course they should be replaced but they could well have been knocked off only recent.

You make me wonder......

You'll probably get them replaced tonight without getting the wheel torque checked.

I'll leave things there.

You make me wonder......

You'll probably get them replaced tonight without getting the wheel torque checked.

I'll leave things there.

I'm in no way arguing by the way...

The service or state of their vehicles don't seem to be great to be honest...

I won't miss them smokey setras.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

christin wrote: »

Walk to the railway station and take the train...at least you know it will be reliable...and far faster.

Believe me or not but pictured vehicle is at the Red Cow luas this morning, no difference from yesterday with several off side caps missing too !!!!

• Advertisement

Believe me or not but pictured vehicle is at the Red Cow luas this morning, no difference from yesterday with several off side caps missing too !!!!

Looking at the picture, it's not only the caps that are missing but it appears also the studs.

THAT IS DANGEROUS!!!

Advertisement