Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed Lidl for Dunshaughlin

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

rizzee wrote: »
    Aaaaaand they're gone :D Looked well this morning with all the markings in place and new traffic/pedestrian lights going up.

Not gone yeah, Stop-Go traffic management still in progress today, it looks like they are doing some work around the edge of the man holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Sorry, I meant the bumps were gone!

aaah :o ...yes the bumps are gone :D, the the road markings are looking good too, should be plenty of space in the lanes for everyone I think!

It looks like the traffic lights will not include the Lagore road junction, which is a pity I think, as when the light are red for the main street, it will be difficult for someone to exit the Lagore road for the Navan (turn right) direction to entrance say the new Lidl car park - Unless they paint a big yellow box in the junction today!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Goodness! I drove through the village this morning, this seems to have sprung up out of nowhere! So much change in such little time... I may pop in when its finished :D

Or should I just take the old road more often to see how rapid the changes are :o

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Time to use the motorway and back roads, Dunshaughlin will be blotto with traffic, you could not have dropped it in a worst spot, on a main road and on a corner.

The new traffic lights just 50m from the old set are well thought out planning:) Yes they are a necessity but the shop should not be located there.

• Advertisement

Car park looked busy at 08:20 this morning!

Here's a few photos of the new Lidl store and grounds, which I took the other evening, while the shop was a little quieter, as it's been like Christmas in July!

42893187714_5cc67f1eb6_b.jpg

43610635681_c78bbfe76e_b.jpg

42893184914_8af9b510fc_b.jpg

43610633151_4ae2edece8_b.jpg

Here's a photo of the historical plaque located in the Lidl car park and also the original weighbridge which they found on the site during construction. I think the historical plaque with some history of the locality is a great addition.

42893186924_6a2bb82ef1_b.jpg

42893185864_e130f8733f_b.jpg

Spot the wrong date on the plaque ;) Someone pointed it out to me the other day.

Have parked in the car park but still haven't stepped foot in the shop!! Many people I know have been there 2 - 3 times a day in the last week. Madness ! I'd say Supervalu has taken a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Hallelujah

• Advertisement
Advertisement