Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,224 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

dubstarr wrote: »
    Max Van Sydow has dird.He was 90.Most well known for Game of Thrones and The Exorcist

Don’t forget his legendary performance as Ming The Merciless in ‘Flash Gordon’!

*cough* betterthanStarWars *cough*

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Don’t forget his legendary performance as Ming The Merciless in ‘Flash Gordon’!

*cough* betterthanStarWars *cough*

RIP

Better than Modern Star Wars? Yep.

Better than the original 3 movies, I would say no. His voice made 'Vigo' the destroyer bloody terrifying in Ghostbusters 2. (He even revived the voice for the Ghostbusters game from years back).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Better than Modern Star Wars? Yep.

Better than the original 3 movies, I would say no. His voice made 'Vigo' the destroyer bloody terrifying in Ghostbusters 2. (He even revived the voice for the Ghostbusters game from years back).

I never knew he voiced Vigo.Wow you learn something new everyday.

dubstarr wrote: »
    I never knew he voiced Vigo.Wow you learn something new everyday.

Yeah, Wilhelm von Homburg played the physiscal part of Vigo, but he had a really thick accent (had very few speaking parts, outside of In the Mouth of Madness. Rest of the time he was 'decoration').

Von Homburg died in 2004. Read up on the guy, a total rat B*st*rd, by all accounts. Everything from nazi to rapist.

David Paul, one half of the The Barbarian Brothers, died on March 8th aged 62. Just two or three days short of his birthday.

Had a few roles, alongside his brother, in shows like Knight Rider, as well as Cannon Films The Barbarians.

Also had a deleted scene in Natural Bork Killers, alongside his brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I always get a lump in my throat when I see Max Von Sydow's Nazi General stand up to applaud Pele's goal in Escape To Victory.

A heroic lone gesture of sportmanship.

If only all the other Nazis had been more like Max's Nazi ...

https://twitter.com/AjarnJohn/status/1237011846281998336

Skid X wrote: »
    I always get a lump in my throat when I see Max Von Sydow's Nazi General stand up to applaud Pele's goal in Escape To Victory.

A heroic lone gesture of sportmanship.

If only all the other Nazis had been more like Max's Nazi ..

https://twitter.com/AjarnJohn/status/1237011846281998336

All those supporters dressed in 1980s clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

Yeah, Wilhelm von Homburg played the physiscal part of Vigo, but he had a really thick accent (had very few speaking parts, outside of In the Mouth of Madness. Rest of the time he was 'decoration').

Von Homburg died in 2004. Read up on the guy, a total rat B*st*rd, by all accounts. Everything from nazi to rapist.

Great read here:

https://deadspin.com/the-hateful-life-and-spiteful-death-of-the-man-who-was-1737376537

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭corks finest

Lorenzo Brino, Star of 7th Heaven, dies aged 21.
    Cause of death was a car accident.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0315/1123397-7th-heaven-actor-lorenzo-brino-dies-aged-21/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Comedian and actor Roy Hudd has died aged 83

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Really a radio man of course for about the last 60 years. The News Huddlines was an ever present on BBC Radio 2 (and now Four Extra) for 36 years.

Also in something called Robot Overlords!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,586 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Comedian and actor Roy Hudd has died aged 83
    elperello wrote: »

He was Archie the funeral fella in Corrie

• Registered Users Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lyle Waggoner passed away aged 84 RIP.

Maybe best known for playing Steve Trevor in the Wonder Woman 70's series.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,283 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Probably not a name familiar to all but David Collings has died at the age of 80. He played Silver in Sapphire & Steel as well as Bob Cratchit in the 1970 tv adaption of Scrooge

ETA: Just had a closer look at his IMDB page and he was also the voice of Monkey. RIP the voice of Monkey.

MV5BMTg1MTkyMTU5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDgwNjE1NDE@._V1_.jpg

The co-creator of Asterix has died, Albert Uderzo. He was 92.

The comics got adapted into many TV shows, and movies too.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/mar/24/asterix-creator-albert-uderzo-dies-at-92

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lyle Waggoner passed away aged 84 RIP.

Maybe best known for playing Steve Trevor in the Wonder Woman 70's series.

He was the only reason I watched Wonder Woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

The co-creator of Asterix has died, Albert Uderzo. He was 92.
    When I saw that he was 92, I was wondering was it the Coronavirus, but his son-in-law said that he "died in his sleep at his home in Neuilly from a heart attack unrelated to the coronavirus".

I see that he retired at the age of 84!

He was the only reason I watched Wonder Woman.

Oh yeah....:D

• Advertisement

Stuart Gordon, director of Re-animator, and co-creator of Honey I Shrunk the Kids,has died, aged 72.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/mar/25/re-animator-director-stuart-gordon-dies-aged-72-honey-i-shrunk-the-kids

He directed an episode of the 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids' Tv show, and later worked on a segment of Fear Itself, an anthology series for Television led by Mick Garris.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He directed the great Wicklow space movie as well Space Truckers :) RIP.

I loved most of his 80's and 90's b horror/scifi films, Dolls, Fortress, Body Snatchers, The Dentist, The Pit and the Pendulum.

He directed the great Wicklow space movie as well Space Truckers :) RIP.

I loved most of his 80's and 90's b horror/scifi films, Dolls, Fortress, Body Snatchers, The Dentist, The Pit and the Pendulum.

Wasn't that one of those 'Dennis Hopper sadly doesn't care anymore' movies?
    (As was The Crow: Wicked Prayer, Unspeakable or....Ticker. A movie so bad, Dennis Hopper's Irish accent has to be heard to be believed).
    I'd say Stephen Dorff fired his agent after that movie.

Actor MArk Blum has died aged 69, due to complications from Coronavirus.

He starred in films such as Crocodile Dundee, Desperately Seeking Susan, and Televisions shows such as Netflix's You, Law and Order, Mozart in the Jungle, Elementary, The Good Fight, and many many others.

https://time.com/5811078/mark-blum-actor-dies-coronavirus/

All My Children and Santa Barbara soap actor John Callahan died after suffering a massive stroke at his home he was 66

David Schramm who is best known for playing Roy in Wings died in New York, he was 73

Adam Schlesinger, Lead Singer of Fountains of Wayne (probably best known for their hit song, Stacy's Mom) has died, aged 52, from Coronavirus.

He had worked in TV, composed music for shows like Tuff Puppy, Crazy Ex Girlfriend, Wedding Band, The Howard Stern Show, Saturday Night Live, and movies like Shallow Hal and That Thing You Do, to name a few things.

Apologies, posted in the wrong thread. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Advertisement

Um, right thread?.

I fixed it-sorry....

Too many tabs open. :o

Advertisement