Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP thread for people involved in TV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Sam Lloyd died today, best known for playing the lawyer Ted in Scrubs. He was diagnosed with inoperable cancer last year

I’m rewatching Seinfeld, he appeared in a few episodes as Elaines stalker with a good twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Aw geez... no...

He was such a genuinely talented actor. Starred in shows like Mad About You as well.

Apparently, he discovered he had cancer, and was terminal shortly after his wife gave birth to his only child, Weston.

Absolutely tragic, sad news. Condolences to his loved ones.

Ah thats really heartbreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 72,192 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

First came across Sam in Malcolm in the middle, you can almost see the origins of the Ted character here. Interesting enough both he and his uncle (Christopher) appeared in the series.

Absolutely loved him in scrubs, for me characters like his are what made the show so great.

Really sad situation that he wont be able to see his son grow up. RIP to an all round great human.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Oh, never knew he was Christopher Lloyd's nephew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Rip Sam.
    He brought joy into many people's lives with Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

John Lafia, the co-writer and co-Creator of the Child's Play movies, as well as director of tv shows such as The Dead zone, and Babylon 5, dies aged 63.

Sadly, his death was a suicide.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/john-lafia-dies-at-63-1202924310/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,430 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I still have fond memories of the intense Babylon 5 episodes that John Lafia directed, especially The Long Night. RIP.
    Sadly so many people associated with that series have had tragic deaths.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tim Brooke Taylor, 33.333333333+% of the Goodies has died. :( Genuinely sad at this, I've been watching or listening to him for my whole life basically.

Another victim of Covid 19

Rare visual moment of ISIHAC, from One Show

Bump for BBC radio 4 at 6.30 and a ISIHAC special tribute - you can listen or record on your Sky, Freesat PVR dunno about Virgin Media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Skid X wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear this RIP

He was great in Scrubs and I have fond memories of wandering into Tower Records in Wicklow Street in Dublin one day in 2011 and randomly seeing his band do a very entertaining acapella set.

That's cool, though I'm going to be pedantic and point out that that's not a cappella as there is musical accompaniment.

Ted was such a memorable character in Scrubs. It's really sad.

• Advertisement

Roy Horn, one half of Siegried and Roy, has died aged 75. Complications form Covid 19, tho he hadn't been in good health for the last few years of his life.

He had appearances in Oceans 11, and was an executive producer of Father of the Pride, one of Dreamworks earliest animated tv shows.

https://www.buzz.ie/celebs/magician-roy-horn-died-friday-367861

And a sad double whammy.

Little Richard, one of the founding fathers of Rock and Roll, and famous for his hit 'Tutti Fruitti', has died aged 87.

He had roles in Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Baywatch, Miami Vice, and voiced the Lounge Lizard in Rudy Coby: Ridiculously Dangerous.

https://news.sky.com/story/little-richard-rock-n-rolls-founding-father-dies-aged-87-11985747

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Jerry stiller too many shows and films to mention RIP and inventor of festivus

https://twitter.com/RedHourBen/status/1259759084309446657?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

peteeeed wrote: »
    Jerry stiller too many shows and films to mention RIP

https://twitter.com/RedHourBen/status/1259759084309446657?s=20

Thought he died a few years ago but must have been the wife dying that I remember. RIP, always hilarious and a great performer.

Jerry stiller too many shows and films to mention RIP

Aw. My condolences to Ben. I admire and respect how he and his wife stayed together for so long. Very sad news.

RIP

Aaw no :(

Jerry was fantastic in ‘King Of Queens’ - RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jerry was fantastic in ‘King Of Queens’ - RIP
    He was the main reason I stuck with it, the Smitty/"Arthur the fixer" episode was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Jerry stiller too many shows and films to mention RIP and inventor of festivu[/url]

Serenity now!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

What a legend, helping men the world over by introducing us to "Stopping Short" RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ok this is probably worthy of the 'obvious things you just realised' awards, but never copped he was Ben Stiller's father!
    Loved him as Frank Costanza, RIP.

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Ok this is probably worthy of the 'obvious things you just realised' awards, but never copped he was Ben Stiller's father!
    Loved him as Frank Costanza, RIP.

Ben often had his parents (and his sister) involved in his stuff. The animal Rights activist woman at the beginning of Zoolander is Ben's mom. JErry, of course, is his dad (Who played his agent in Zoolander) and Amy, Ben's sister, is one of Hansel's crew in Zoolander. (She's the spitting image of Anne Meara, hard to miss her).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭Treppen

kingtiger wrote: »
    Serenity now!

Ha I came here to say that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

"Douglas, will you pass me the catsup" he was what made King of Queens great :)

He did crazy eccentric old man very well.

Dunno how many of you watch Gardener's World. But Monty Don's dog Nigel, who was often on the show with him, sadly died.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/monty-don-announces-death-dog-18232294

• Registered Users Posts: 34,234 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

* looks over glasses, taps on word 'people' in thread title *

:pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

A dog named Nigel is close enough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,430 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I read it quickly and thought Nigel was his dad not dog :(

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Martin Pasko, writer and Story Editor for Batman: The Animated series, Max Headroom, Roseanne, Fantasy Island and co-writer of the animated film Batman, Mask of the Phantasm, has died aged 65.

He worked in a variety of media, including comic books.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/obituaries-people-news/martin-pasko-dead-dies-dc-comics-1234603850/

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fred Willard has died at age 86

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Fred Willard has died at age 86

Great comedy actor, always fantastic in the Christopher Guest films!

RIP

Advertisement