Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avengers Infinity War **spoilers from post 572**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Are there collectors who'd buy all of them?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Spoiler in link, but after seeing Thanos new photo I'm dying for the new trailer

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-studios-exec-teases-avengers-infinity-war-trailer-2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

just dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

So
    tony's gonna die right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Holy jebus - THAT is a trailer!! :eek::eek:

My level of excitement has gone to 11 after this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Looks good alright... wonder who will die!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what a trailer

really looking forward to it now

what date is it actually out here ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what a trailer

really looking forward to it now

what date is it actually out here ??

Official release date is April 27th, but could be previews etc before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Penn wrote: »
    Official release date is April 27th, but could be previews etc before.

Wow. Thought it wasn't until October or something.

Isn't it April 26th now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Looking good :) They certainly know how to score trailers too!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

That was an unreal trailer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cool trailer, so looks like it will be loosely based on
    Infinity Gauntlet
    . Wonder, if they will change up his origin and drop the
    eternals, deviants and celestials
    from it. The Kirby cosmic stuff maybe a bit much for audiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

So
    tony's gonna die right

No, from the trailer that looked like
    Caps bow out...
    If I had to guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Holy jebus - THAT is a trailer!! :eek::eek:

My level of excitement has gone to 11 after this!!

Yeah, this better be 4 hours long! And I don't mean both installments combined :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yeah that looks ****ing awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So much awesome. Cannot wait for opening night. Any whiff of competitions to see it earlier, 1 night special kind of thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Great trailer - very excited for this now! From rewatching, it hinted that
    any of Cap, Stark, or Thor could die
    . And as much as I hate to say it, the movie probably needs that, in order to show how much of a threat Thanos is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Cineworld and omniplex cinemas are already selling tickets online, definitely worth trying to see on the 26th, it will be impossible to avoid spoilers. I can't wait!!

Humour Me wrote: »
    Cineworld and omniplex cinemas are already selling tickets online, definitely worth trying to see on the 26th, it will be impossible to avoid spoilers. I can't wait!!

Not here they're not, I can't see them online anyway.

edit - I'm an idiot. Booked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I didn't get the Dr Strange bit until a few rewatches :D
    His real name is Dr Strange
    :D

Slydice wrote: »
    I didn't get the Dr Strange bit until a few rewatches :D
    His real name is Dr Strange
    :D

I loved the look he gives Peter :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Really looks good.
    So many movies have built up to this so let's all hope it knocks it out of the park.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah, this better be 4 hours long! And I don't mean both installments combined :D

I think the Russo brothers already confirmed it will be no more than 140 minutes. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    I think the Russo brothers already confirmed it will be no more than 140 minutes. I think.

Quick Google search shows that it's gonna be
    2 hours 36 minutes
    9 minutes
    longer than Captain America: Civil War.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Avengers-Infinity-War-poster-with-Thanos.jpg?lossless=1&q=40&w=728&h=1079&fit=crop

Goddamn Ant-Man being so small can't even see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thanos seems so earnest, just like he's doing a job or something. Brolin's voice acting is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

No Ant-Man or Hawkeye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Ant-Man and the Wasp is set before Infinity War so I'm guessing if Ant Man and The Wasp are absent in Infinity War then the Ant Man film will explain it ?

Ant-Man and Hawkeye are both confirmed to be in the film.

still odd seeing the GOTG talking to the Avengers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

I can't really see them killing off the main squad just yet... maybe in the 4th but I envision the following deaths for certain, all related to infinity stones
    Vision, due to the mind stone, the trailer shows him being brought to Wakanda for protection. Thats most likely why the battle occurs
    Loki, not over the space stone.. but I think he'll cross Thanos late in the movie, they are familiar from the first movie, so Thanos probably won't kill him immediately
    Gamora, she's the key to the soul stone...the throwback to when Thanos stole her from her home is emotional buildup to that imo...if those who understand the Soul stones properties and comics are familiar... some possibilities can be inferred

Furthermore what I don't understand is why they don't
    hide Vision in the quantum realm via Pyms technology.... surely he wouldn't be found there?

I cannot see any of the main 4 going just yet...but it'd be awesome
    if Tony sacrificed himself for Cap or Vice Versa.. would bring a nice end to the civil war conflict

Well it seems pretty like to me
    All the guys that go on the space mission, spidey/Iron man/Guardians etc will be either be killed (Tony) or captured at the end of this one, and then the infinity war part 2 will be rescuing them and involve the Pym universe stuff since thats gonna be in Ant-Man and The Wasp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Based on what I've seen in the trailers and other speculation read/heard, this is how I think the plot for the film will pan out.
    -Thanos attacks Thor's ship to get the Space stone, Loki possibly sacrifices himself and the stone to save his brother
    -Hulk and Thor are thrown into space, Hulk crashes back to Earth, Thor crashes into the Milano
    -Thor learns from the GotG that Thanos has already destroyed Nova Corps and retrieved the power stone. He knows at least one is on Earth in Vision so they all head there.
    -Thanos has already sent the Black Order cue another battle in New York
    -Vision is sent to Wakanda with Cap, BW, Falcon, Banner, Wanda and WM to keep him safe.
    -Thor, the Guardians, Spidey and Iron Man (possibly Strange) try to beat Thanos to The Collector and the reality stone.
    -Final battle with Thanos coming to Earth himself

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Based on what I've seen in the trailers and other speculation read/heard, this is how I think the plot for the film will pan out.
    -Thanos attacks Thor's ship to get the Space stone, Loki possibly sacrifices himself and the stone to save his brother
    -Hulk and Thor are thrown into space, Hulk crashes back to Earth, Thor crashes into the Milano
    -Thor learns from the GotG that Thanos has already destroyed Nova Corps and retrieved the power stone. He knows at least one is on Earth in Vision so they all head there.
    -Thanos has already sent the Black Order cue another battle in New York
    -Vision is sent to Wakanda with Cap, BW, Falcon, Banner, Wanda and WM to keep him safe.
    -Thor, the Guardians, Spidey and Iron Man (possibly Strange) try to beat Thanos to The Collector and the reality stone.
    -Final battle with Thanos coming to Earth himself

I'd doubt that
    the final battle is on earth, they only go there to get the mind stone and time stone ( looks like ebony maw gets that from strange

Also with
    Loki, I'd say he trades the stone for the Asgardians lives after Thanos beats Thor and hulk......hell briefly defect to Thanos side before crossing him at the end, or near it...that's when he'll kick it imo anyway

It's more likely that
    the final battle is a race to get the Soul stone. Which isn't on earth imo....do it looks like looks like it will end up in Gamora being killed as a sacrifice by Thanos so he can weild it....im pretty sure its on some outer space planet.... probably that orange one we've seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm half expecting
    either Cap or Iron Man to die, possibly both,
    and Hawkeye to be the person to bring the Avengers back today in the next film. He's retired in this I'd imagine and would make sense to come back in as a leader in the next one with either of the main two to die

Although I'm also half afraid that we'll get
    the infamous snap and half the heroes are dead, and the next film is Strange using time travel powers to bring people back

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm half expecting
    either Cap or Iron Man to die, possibly both,
    and Hawkeye to be the person to bring the Avengers back today in the next film. He's retired in this I'd imagine and would make sense to come back in as a leader in the next one with either of the main two to die

Although I'm also half afraid that we'll get
    the infamous snap and half the heroes are dead, and the next film is Strange using time travel powers to bring people back

Actually in this one Hawkeye
    is working with Roger's Secret avengers.

Is Tom Vaughan Lawler Corvus or Ebony?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is Tom Vaughan Lawler Corvus or Ebony?

He's Ebony Maw....the one who has Dr Strange looking like a Voodoo doll in the new trailer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Skerries wrote: »
    19306hqu10n01.jpg

Translation for those of us who've never read a comic in their life? Well really I just wanna know who the dog's owner is? I recognise Thanos, Strange and Stark. I assume he's someone that actually terrifies Thanos? Is it Banner?

jaxxx wrote: »
    Translation for those of us who've never read a comic in their life? Well really I just wanna know who the dog's owner is? I recognise Thanos, Strange and Stark. I assume he's someone that actually terrifies Thanos? Is it Banner?

The joke is the normal guy is John Wick, a non comic book related professional deadly assassin who in the first John Wick film goes mental and kills 84 people over the fact some Russian gangsters killed his dog, thus suggesting even Thanos is terrified of John Wick. Or babyaga.

You should always explain the best jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

The joke is the normal guy is John Wick, who in the first John Wick film goes mental and kills 84 people over the fact some Russian gangsters killed his dog.

Ah. Never seen that film but thanks for explaining it, Spiderman :pac:

jaxxx wrote: »

The dog is Domino's :)

is that nidge from love/hates character we see for a few seconds ??

is that nidge from love/hates character we see for a few seconds ??

Yep

Tom Vaughan Lawlor from a relativity unknown actor before Love/hate to a ****ing massive franchise in the MCU

huge congrats to him

Tom Vaughan Lawlor from a relativity unknown actor before Love/hate to a ****ing massive franchise in the MCU

huge congrats to him
    Kerry Condon is F.R.I.D.A.Y.

Think she only did plays (with Martin McDonagh) and then The Walking Dead for the Season 4 Premiere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Not bad at all for Tom to be rubbing shoulders with Cumberbatch in the MCU in which seems to be a decent role. Not sure how these things work but I assume it's the type of role that he wouldn't have been sought out for and instead had to audition with a fair few others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement