Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avengers Infinity War **spoilers from post 572**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

trailer for the trailer reactions... :confused::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If there's one thing I loathe more than OTT trailer reactions, it's a trailer for the trailer combined with a repulsive collection of the aforementioned trailer reactions..

Still, trailer tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,130 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well that was a dreadful promo idea. Jesus just tweet an image saying Trailer tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Whether ye like it or not that video shows marvel are on the ball.

I've never found YouTube reaction videos particularly entertaining or insightful but it would be foolish to ignore the audience that these people have.

I'm sure if you looked some of them up, they would have hundreds of thousands and in some cases millions of followers. It's as good as putting an ad out on TV, having these react to your trailer. Especially if it's overly positive.

It's all a part of the Disney machine, building hype and maximizing profits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

To be honest I enjoyed that it's a fun little montage rather than showing a teaser of a trailer which is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It looks stupid but I know I went pretty crazy excited like that for stuff like the spider-man reveal in the civil war trailer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There are few phenomena of the Internet I genuinely hate, but 'reaction videos' are close to one of them.

Maybe it's cos when searching for trailers or videos on YouTube, invariably I have to wade through the garbage pile of idiot attention seekers having screaming joygasms over something so trivial. 2 results for the video, 2000 of reactions.

Yeah, humbug n all that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,130 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The montage bit was awesome. If it was less reactioners and more montage it woulda built the hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thanos in that trailer is a bit off, can't put my finger on it, his size maybe. Lot of stuff shown in the trailer though I must say, I think that 1 showing is already enough for me before the film comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

OH my my that was amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭denismc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Spider-Man leaked it on his Instragram.

dpvwdskv4aafszx_-_embed_2017.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Tefral

Thanos looks funny without his helmet/headgear. In the comics he looks weird with it off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Prediction. No matter the length of this movie, it's going to fly by in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Underwhelming...

Thanos looks no better than Steppenwolf (6 months to button up the CGI)

Another army of copy and paste redcoats for the heroes to "kill"

Also another floaty thing in the sky over New York

Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

****ing yesss

cant wait for this
    do you think the guys from the Tv Shows like Inhumans, The Defenders and The Punisher would help out as they are sumperhumans afterall ???.
    Poor Vision is ****ed

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ****ing yesss

cant wait for this
    do you think the guys from the Tv Shows like Inhumans, The Defenders and The Punisher would help out as they are sumperhumans afterall ???.
    Poor Vision is ****ed

They should, but won't. Looks fantastic either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Whos for the chop so folks? :

Vision
    Black Widow
    Cap
    Falcon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ****ing yesss

cant wait for this
    Poor Vision is ****ed
    I'd say there's next to no chance the Netflix characters will show up; a SHIELD cameo though could happen.

As to the trailer, well it looks suitably exciting to see what is essentially the culmination of the MCU's long-term storytelling (for better or worse), what with some of the Phases coming to a close.

I remain cautious about how well this will gel together though; there's still every risk the actual movie well collapse under the weight of the sheer volume of characters and be a bit of a hot mess. It's unlikely, but we shall see.

• Advertisement

I think (as to who will die)
    they won't 'kill off' Iron Man, I think in future films Iron Man will be reduced to cameo support roles like in homecoming, unless we hear of Evans doing more films I think it'll be him, maybeeeeee Hulk?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The plot/bad guy looks underwhelming enough, but I'm pretty excited at seeing all the characters come together.

, maybeeeeee Hulk?

Are you high? :p

No way.

Are you high? :p

No way.
    they won't 'kill off' Iron Man, I think in future films Iron Man will be reduced to cameo support roles like in homecoming, unless we hear of Evans doing more films I think it'll be him, maybeeeeee Hulk?

It's not a totally crazy idea though:
    There's no chance of a Hulk solo film given the rights are in the hands of Universal IIRC, so there's no box office money as such in the Hulk & so nothing lost as such by his death; and it'd be a good way to truly emphasise the power of Thanos and the threat at hand if the Avengers' battering ram got offed.

pixelburp wrote: »
    There's no chance of a Hulk solo film given the rights are in the hands of Universal IIRC, so there's no box office money as such in the Hulk & so nothing lost as such by his death; and it'd be a good way to truly emphasise the power of Thanos and the threat at hand if the Avengers' battering ram got offed.

Yes that was my vague thinking, just articulated better :pac:

pixelburp wrote: »

Would Universal have final say to not allow that?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

After Ragnarok there's no chance Hulk would ever get offed i think, Cap is the most obvious choice (assuming there'll only be one, if any).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

With their record of villains I'm not too confident of how they handle Thanos. He needs to be more than just a commander of weak armies for the Avengers to obliterate ala Ultron.

If we don't get this scene, I'm gonna be disappointed

captain-america-was-dumb-to-fight-thanos-14824.jpg

• Advertisement

So is all this talk of death and who might get the chop Spoilers or not? Seems some of us are grey-texting, myself included at the start, though that said we're just speculating about maybes and possibilities here; nothing's concrete by any stretch.

Advertisement