Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Wasn't it Cathal who arranged all that.
    I'm not sure, Oisin said he'd to be paid for them, Charlotte I thought told him to get them when she collected the baby off him in Vinos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Something going on with the jokes in recent episodes. Some good ones and then bizarre ones like Fr. Bertie telling the dancers to 'leave room for the Holy Spirit'. Actually like they were deliberately trying to make him 'uncool'.

I thought that was a good line, one of those old cliches half the population must have heard at their school discos :P
    happyday wrote:
    I couldn't believe Robbie was talking calmly in his pub to the two who had just left him for dead in the freezer?!?

The fact he wasn't in hospital either but just drinking a short under a blanket, stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Robbie's time below zero didn't stiffen out his back - is it just me or is he very hunched over since his trip away?

Glad to see the worst storyline in soap history ended with the over the top, hammy, Greek tragedyesque slaying of Kerri Ann in seconds and no-one could be arsed going to see if she was OK as they were busy avoiding the holy spirit on the dancefloor. Who dances at a christening?

Spillane's gone - no more shall we have to witness him appearing out of the blue in Spar, the Pig, the station etc with his wooden, caricature of a villain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Either Cathal purposely had the forger name the baby passport Karen or it was simply an unfortunate name the forger used.

Oísin simply had to pay Cathal to receive them nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is Father Bertie the priest Dolores had the affair with?

I think so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,755 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kerri Ann's stabbing and death was from Scary Movie :p the acting from Jenny so bad right till the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kerri Ann's stabbing and death was from Scary Movie :p the acting from Jenny so bad right till the end

Right til the end? As opposed to the whole way through her 5 years on the show??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Is Father Bertie the priest Dolores had the affair with?
    I think so!

Dolores had the affair with Fr Thaddeus.

019_ef564aa5ea3caf1f61accbf08062fbdf78ac2e0d.jpg

Right til the end? As opposed to the whole way through her 5 years on the show??

Yes it has been bad but tolerable when she was the ditzy airhead until she cheated and murdered

I thought she might go out on a high :p

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Remember those old old "Carry On" films from the 1960s/70? Fair city is even funnier.
    "Carry On Stabbing", maybe?
    In tonight's dramatic, tension - filled episode (ha ha!), Aoife grabbed the knife off the table and stuck it, not once, but twice, between Kerri-Anne's skinny ribs.
    For some odd reason, as Kerri-Ann lay, ahem, dying, Aoife felt the need to explain to her, "I was in the Army, Kerri-Ann, , so I know how to handle a bayonet"
    I'd imagine Kerri-Ann felt much better about dying, knowing that at least she had been murdered at the hands of an Army professional. None o' that ould Aldi screwdriver bull-****e for for Aoife. She knows that if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right.
    Get in there, no bullsh1t, a quick one-two, job done, and off to the pub...

And of course Sash got a chance to show all her amazing paramedic experience. Whilst standing five feet away, she used her incredible medical skills to announce, "OMG! She, she, she's dead!"
    Sash has no need for all the ould palaver of taking the victim's pulse or checking for a heartbeat. That kinda stuff is OK for lesser mortals, but Sash just has to follow her super-human medical instincts. A woman's intuition is a wonder to behold.....

But if anything good is to come out of tonight's tragic episode, it's the certain knowledge that Kerri-Ann has gone now to that great beauty salon (with exclusive nail bar) in the sky.
    And so therefore we all hope that Wanderer2010 will finally get a good night's sleep....

• Advertisement

Sorry about that!

Does Jean know, the Slaters will batter his sausage surprise :p

(Tony O'Callaghan was in Eastenders and The Bill)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

You'd think butter wouldn't melt in her mouth....the jezebel.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭LushiousLips

Did Oisin ever say why he's not in Greece?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Kerri Ann's stabbing and death was from Scary Movie the acting from Jenny so bad right till the end

Absolutely shocking acting. The moment she died was hilarious. So bad..

The new crime boss, keogh is also woeful and not credible at all.

The bishops are about the only half decent thing left about fc .. and maybe oisin

What is the point of christy ah no? Awful character.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Bad things ahead for Rabbie with PJ Gallagher the new king scum in town...i'll miss Cathal, i loved his little jokes and digs ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Sash has a bountiful bosom.

She looks pregnant or just big

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When Robbie was in the pub telling Carol about Aoife being done for murder there was little or no reaction. You would imagine the 1st question would be "who did she kill".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Hope she's preggers, she'd lost a lot of weight since she appeared and looked fit..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

I think so!

No no. It wasn't Fr. Bertie. Can't post links. Long time lurker who has just joined and has only a few posts.

Fr. Thaddeus. He was on the soap around 2007 ish. Brief stint on the show. Dolores went bananas in the confessional with him and ran screaming down the church. Bananas thick i mean when he was ending the affair and she was confessing her sin with a priest to him.

Fr.Bertie has been a recurring character back to the 1990s at funerals, weddings, christenings, people dying of cancer (like Dolores when Pete objected to him, he didn't attend to Dermot), tragedies etc. He first came into the show to try and stop Fr. Malachy's affair with Kay McCoy and prevent him leaving the priesthood. That's back to the late 90's. I was wondering would he be still acting for this Christening.

• Advertisement

As a follow on to my last post..

https://www.theslicedpan.com/culture/8-fair-city-characters-you-havent-thought-about-enough-recently/293286

'Not five years removed from the Bishop Eamonn Casey revelations, 1992, did Fair City - finger on the nation's pulse, as ever - go one step further, when Fr. Malachy Costello began a romantic connaissance with Kay McCoy. Not one to beat about the bush, Malachy married his sweetheart a year later, in 1999.'

I just remember the endless seems with Fr. Bertie trying to change Malachy's mind re. Kay, the scarlet woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I thaught so too

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is ha Joe singing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Did Oisin ever say why he's not in Greece?
    Charlotte kissed him and I think he changed his mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I loved Aoife telling Robbie “At the Christening, I killed Kerri-Ann”. He reacted as if she’d told him she’d broken a glass.

Wonder will Mondo feel any guilt. Along with Kerri Anne he set the trail of destruction on it's way.

A year ago we had Decco trying to humour his, ditzy and somewhat neurotic wife. Decco is a real victim here and his character has really progressed.

Mondo and Ditzy had their affair. As a direct repercussion Decco and her relationship was on the rocks. In a jealous fit she kills Karen, which ultimately led to Aoife killing her. We will have a knock on final death tonight. I know i'm stating the bleedin obvious!!

If Mondo had a bit of cop he wouldn't have gotten involved with his ex, given her 'deficiencies'.

I just wonder will he hang his head in shame a little or continue on as normal?

I was thinking would Aoife feel any guilt if she stayed away and didn't have an affair with Robbie Karen might have also headed off with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

coolhull wrote: »

But if anything good is to come out of tonight's tragic episode, it's the certain knowledge that Kerri-Ann has gone now to that great beauty salon (with exclusive nail bar) in the sky.
    And so therefore we all hope that Wanderer2010 will finally get a good night's sleep....

I didn't mind Kerri Ann, its Carol I hate, with her boring cycle of snarling and banging the Billy Meehan drum that's insufferable. How hasn't she been killed yet, hanging around scum all these years. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,386 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I didn't mind Kerri Ann, its Carol I hate with her boring cycle of snarling and banging the Billy Meehan drum that's insufferable. How hasn't she been killed yet, hanging around scum all these years. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I was thinking would Aoife feel any guilt if she stayed away and didn't have an affair with Robbie Karen might have also headed off with her.

True.

Though for me that was a bit more circumstantial, like Charlotte keeping Kerri Anne from leaving.

Mondo and Kerri Anne were the main instigators i feel. However you have similarities in the Kerri Anne/Mondo affair and Robbie/Aoife being old flame stuff.

It's all the way you look at it i suppose, so many angles.

If storm Ali (not Lorcan's wife) had of been a bit stronger in Dublin and the Christening cancelled ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement