Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Gen Freesat?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Would Currys deliver to Parcel Motel?

Yes I've used them before and paid with Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The reviews on Amazon are not very positive.
    They have also removed the bbc news and sport apps. They have youtube still on it but funnily no youtube kids app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

:eek:
    Very brave buying a device that has already been recalled once. IMO
    I'd give it a few months first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The reviews on Amazon are not very positive.
    They have also removed the bbc news and sport apps. They have youtube still on it but funnily no youtube kids app.

74% 4 and 5 stars is decent! the 21% who gave 1 star probably thought it recorded ;)

example
    .So no reminders going forward, and no catch up going back. I also expected that I could connect a USB stick or hard drive and do some recording

The zapper version is very poor value that said

I would be more worried about people reporting issues with wifi connectivity. Similar issues have plagued the saorview connect box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ka2

:eek:
    Very brave buying a device that has already been recalled once. IMO
    I'd give it a few months first.
    I feel that I don’t have much of a choice. I had a HDR-1000S that died on me a few months ago and have been using one of those old Walker combos as a stopgap but it’s not great. The prices of Humax boxes on eBay are ridiculous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

I would be more worried about people reporting issues with wifi connectivity. Similar issues have plagued the saorview connect box.

I have recording box since 27th of February, maybe I was lucky I've had no problems with it, WiFi perfect, ease of use good and a lot faster than my old Humax which lasted me 7 years, if I get the same from this boxs I'll be happy.

Where did you buy it?

Where did you buy it?

Bought it on Amazon, the box's were up an sale for a couple of hours and then got pulled, don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

lukeeman wrote: »
    Bought it on Amazon, the box's were up an sale for a couple of hours and then got pulled, don't know why.

"Technical issues", boxes crashing etc. - https://www.avforums.com/threads/new-generation-freesat-stb-arris.2256339/post-27822362

They were briefly available for sale on Amazon, on Feb 25th, but quickly withdrawn - https://www.avforums.com/threads/new-generation-freesat-stb-arris.2256339/post-27802422

Did you ever sort out the remote control issue?
    looking for some help, i got the new freesat record boxs and the remote is clashing with my saorview boxs remote
    does anybody know how to seperate the frequency on either remote.

• Advertisement

No never got sorted on remote yet, I live in hope

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭poeticjustice

I have recording box since 27th of February, maybe I was lucky I've had no problems with it, WiFi perfect, ease of use good and a lot faster than my old Humax which lasted me 7 years, if I get the same from this boxs I'll be happy.

Hi Luke, is the response time of the remote as bad as some people online have mentioned? Doesn't seem to have put you off anyway which is good.

Hi Luke, is the response time of the remote as bad as some people online have mentioned? Doesn't seem to have put you off anyway which is good.

About 2 seconds or less, from when i press 106 from what ever channel im on.
    Happy with box, I dont have a smart tv just a 10 year old 37 inch Philips that wont break down and the picture is better on this box to Humax.

Currys shipped my order this morning and I have the Royal Mail tracking number. So far so good.

I didn’t know anything about this new box I bought a Humax 1100S just a few weeks ago is there a difference the new box and 1100S thay is just 4K only? should I upgrade?

I love my Humax 1100S but it’s slow or start up after I leave it on standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭fafy

I didn’t know anything about this new box I bought a Humax 1100S just a few weeks ago is there a difference the new box and 1100S thay is just 4K only? should I upgrade?

I love my Humax 1100S but it’s slow or start up after I leave it on standby.

I’m Overdue an upgrade my Humax Freesat box, will be interested those who are taking the plunge on the new 4k box.
    Is anyone using a Freesat Box with BBC iplayer working ?

I see Digi Repairs are selling the 500Gb box at a £60 markup over the Currys £199.99 price + £23 EU delivery from Co. Fermanagh.
    https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product-category/freesat/

Also freesat.ie €334.94 (£294) delivered
    https://www.freesat.ie/freesat-uhd-4x-smart-4k-ultra-hd-digital-tv-recorder-500-gb.html

• Advertisement

Got it! I'm working from home for the afternoon so won't get the chance to play with it until later.

The Cush wrote: »
    I see Digi Repairs are selling the 500Gb box at a £60 markup over the Currys £199.99 price + £23 EU delivery from Co. Fermanagh.
    https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product-category/freesat/

Also freesat.ie €334.94 (£294) delivered
    https://www.freesat.ie/freesat-uhd-4x-smart-4k-ultra-hd-digital-tv-recorder-500-gb.html

Support your local shop? Not at crazy prices.

ka2 wrote: »
    Got it! I'm working from home for the afternoon so won't get the chance to play with it until later.

I was going to order one from Currys UK via one of the parcel motels but blocked as I didn't have a valid UK phone number.

I was going to order one from Currys UK via one of the parcel motels but blocked as I didn't have a valid UK phone number.

You could use Parcel motels phone number,

That's odd. I used my own number with 00353 in front and it accepted it. Unless it changed in the last few days?

Can anyone that has the new recordable box tell me what software version is on there's or last software update date.

Just got mine connected. Same version but update date shows 14th February.

So far so good. Doesn’t give any aspect ratio options (probably because it only has HDMI out) but I see it pillarboxes 4:3 content, which is what I prefer. But I could see them getting some complaints about that.

How shocking! Pictures in correct ratio :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

How shocking! Pictures in correct ratio :)

Stretchyvision

Advertisement