Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian parent raising child as gender-neutral.

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Grayson wrote: »
    But (and I'm just making this for the sake of argument) gender is one of the few things that is on a birth cert. It doesn't contain any other information about the child except name. Everything else is about the parents. Is there actually a need for gender to be on the cert at all?
    If it wasn't for the political ramifications it would make no difference if it was there or not.

How is recording sex (not gender) on a birth certificate only about political ramifications? Health professionals need to know the sex of a child, all the growth/height charts are based on sex. And obviously, as the child gets older this will become even more relevant. Certain conditions might be more likely depending on sex for example.

And that's before the child even starts school where they would want to know whether they are male or female. Although given that this person gave birth without medical assistance and refuses to have her child examined by a doctor, I doubt they would even be going to school tbh.

Whether this parent agrees or not, biological sex is a reality and can never change. Whatever gender the child decides they identify as in the future is irrelevant at birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That child won't need a college fund it will all the money to pay for a psychologist by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hopefully the baby identifies as not their child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Der Stier

Total PC madness, will end up doing a lot more damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

And what's the problem with social constructs? As if it hasn't taken millennia to come up with ones that work

Advertisement