Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin routes news and general chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

L1011, your bias towards the green team is very noticeable. Another yellow card on the way I suppose because you don't like what your read? I say FR will have a field day on the German routes esp MUC.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

duskyjoe wrote: »
    L1011, your bias towards the green team is very noticeable. Another yellow card on the way I suppose because you don't like what your read? I say FR will have a field day on the German routes esp MUC.

If you're going to claim bias you need to give some examples.

All I have done here is point out illogical, baseless statements made as fact when it is impossible to do so

Discussing moderation on-thread is not allowed anywhere on boards so yes, anyone who continues down that path will get carded

• Registered Users Posts: 17,563 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

737max wrote: »
    half day holidays after working for four hours. Flights in the late morning are useless to me. Early morning or Evening are ideal.
    Return Aer Lingus flights are over twice as expensive flying to and from the same airports.

Not everyone wants to get up at silly o'clock to travel.

Many people (myself included) prefer the mid-late morning times.

You're assuming we all have precisely the same preferences as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

VG31 wrote: »
    Is Dallas known for beer though?

Bourbon and branch would be more redolent of Dallas than beer, maybe Ray Krebs drank beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Blut2

737max seems chronically prone to assuming his(or her) personal views and anecdotal evidence are broader empirical fact, it tends to be a repeating theme.

Stuttgart could either a) see an expansion in passenger numbers that will satisfy both airlines, b) see FR cutting frequency/pulling out c) see EI cutting frequency/pulling out. Or d) both b&c. I don't think anyone, including the airline yield managers who know more than anyone here, is in a position to reliably predict the outcome right now.

Its not really having a "green bias" to question 737max's outrageous definitive claims, the way L1011 has done, I don't think.
    Will Dublin to Paphos be one of Ryanairs longest flights?

Cobalts Dublin to Larnaca is five hours there and five-and-a-half back.

Chania to DUB is Ryanair's current longest to/from Dublin I believe, at 4hrs50m. Paphos to Stansted is 5hrs, so 5hrs30min to DUB is probably a good guess.

I know the old Stockholm to the Canaries route would have beaten that slightly, but I don't think they're running any more. So it might be the new longest FR route. Spending the guts of 6 hours in a Ryanair plane is going to be...grim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

German market is interesting

Heavy dependency on travel agents and package holidays which tends to favour Aer Lingus over Ryanair.

Very much doubt Stuttgart can sustain 2 carriers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    That's roughly 80-85% of the capacity on offer taken up.
    You expect their load factor to hold up on the few days in the week that they fly to Stuttgart when another airline is flying through the week? People will continue to fly Stuttgart to Dublin and leave a day earlier or stay a day longer just to suit Aer Lingus? I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Would imagine EI will role out T/A feed on the route next summer partly as a response.
    Transatlantic feeds are the sauce on the meat and potatoes of a route which it depends upon for its integrity and continuity.
    The meat and potatoes aren't there based on the prices and level of service Aer Lingus are willing to offer.
    hoping for the sauce to make the route is viable is not good especially from a city which has high speed rail connections to Munich and Frankfurt.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Can we maybe just wait and see?! Tired of this carry on at this stage.... time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Blut2 wrote: »
    Chania to DUB is Ryanair's current longest to/from Dublin I believe, at 4hrs50m. Paphos to Stansted is 5hrs, so 5hrs30min to DUB is probably a good guess.

I know the old Stockholm to the Canaries route would have beaten that slightly, but I don't think they're running any more. So it might be the new longest FR route. Spending the guts of 6 hours in a Ryanair plane is going to be...grim.

5h30m is the flight time for the Cobalt (Larnaca - Dublin) that I'll be on, so about 5h15m from Paphos - Dublin maybe.

Cobalt will be grim without any IFE or anything. At least with Ryanair I'd know what I'm getting.... no hand luggage cos I'll be filling my bag with food and drink!

• Advertisement

Blut2 wrote: »

5h30m is the flight time for the Cobalt (Larnaca - Dublin) that I'll be on, so about 5h15m from Paphos - Dublin maybe.

Cobalt will be grim without any IFE or anything. At least with Ryanair I'd know what I'm getting.... no hand luggage cos I'll be filling my bag with food and drink!
    Netflix offline is your best friend here and a device with good battery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Locker10a wrote: »

Or a good old fashioned book? :)

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Locker10a wrote: »

Or a good old fashioned book? :)
    A what now ? 😂😂 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fasterbetter

Hi all,

I was looking at flights to Nice in November December Jan and there don't seem to be any from Are Lingus at all leaving the route to Ryanair for the winter.

This used to be a really popular Are Lingus route though I felt the change in times last year was a step backwards for any leisure traffic (05:55 departure from Dub) and 23:00 from Nice

I sent an enquiry to their unhelpful help-desk and 20 days later got a very non specific reply from which I am none the wiser.

anyone any insight?

thanks

fasterbetter

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I believe Nice has been seasonal for a while with EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,563 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

L1011 wrote: »
    I believe Nice has been seasonal for a while with EI.

Well, that depends on how you define "a while" and "seasonal"!

Aer Lingus operated for the full winter season in 2015-16 on DUB-NCE, while the route was suspended from Nov 25 to Feb 16 last winter.

This year it appears the route is being suspended for the entire winter season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/cathay-pacific-to-operate-new-dublin-hong-kong-service

Official now! Will be nice to have an Asia flight from DUB long over due and even better having A350 in Dub 4 times a week

Direct and all, not what was expected for years (tag via MAN or Hainan tag via EDI were always floated as the first two Asian routes)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Being Hong Kong avoids visa hassle.

Until a Visa free or e visa is sorted with China travel isn't straightforward, no doubt Hainan found this out

Cathay of course being part of One World already has long established interline and eticket agreements with Aer Lingus which could drive connecting traffic from UK regional airports, now if only Aer Lingus would rejoin OW it will be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Will be nice to see a A350 a regular at DUB.

• Advertisement

Great news been coming from last 18-24 months now. Certainly puts to bed the runway length issues nonsense :mad: . 1st of two Asian routes to be announced the other long running one should be announced "shortly" I imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Excellent news and particularly great news for alot of Irish expats in Eastern Australia and in particular New Zealand where flying from Auckland and Christchurch would often necessitate two stop overs in Sydney and Dubai or Abu Dhabi, wheras now they can fly direct from New Zealand to Hong Kong and onwards to Dublin.

Hong Kong Airport is a really great airport and much ahead of Dubai or Abu Dhabi and its another great alternative to have this flight now to avoid flying the ME3. I'd love to see direct flights to Bangkok and Singapore also.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,112 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Interesting to see Munich most in my opinion, I understand this will be their first route to Munich

Not quite! I flew to the old Munich-Riem with Ryanair in 1989 - on a ROMBAC BAC-111

800px-BAC_1-11_561_Ryanair_MAN_06.88.jpg

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

German market is interesting

Heavy dependency on travel agents and package holidays which tends to favour Aer Lingus over Ryanair.

Very much doubt Stuttgart can sustain 2 carriers

EI to Munich and Stuttgart already

And now FR to Munich 2x and Stuttgart 1x, as well as FR to Memmingen already, about 120km west of Munich.

So this means much more access from DUB to Bavaria, given that Stuttgart is not that far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Anyone heard anything more on Aer Lingus to Vegas route ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Certainly puts to bed the runway length issues nonsense.

Not really. The A350 has exceptional short field performance, and I rather suspect they'll be using every inch of available length to get to HKG.

Older generation wide body aircraft definitely cannot get out of Dublin at MTOW.
    Excellent news and particularly great news for alot of Irish expats in Eastern Australia and in particular New Zealand where flying from Auckland and Christchurch would often necessitate two stop overs in Sydney and Dubai or Abu Dhabi.

There are non-stop flights from AKL to both DXB and DOH – though at seventeen hours I don't think I'd wish them on anyone!

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

No, because it was just media speculation based on a single comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,117 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Won't be happening for the foreseeable future anyway, earliest next year and I think that's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Is this the long speculated Chinese route or is Hainan to Beijing still in the works as well? Hard to believe there's suddenly enough demand for both routes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Is this the long speculated Chinese route or is Hainan to Beijing still in the works as well? Hard to believe there's suddenly enough demand for both routes

Hainan will be announced soon........

Advertisement