Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 becmar1989

I am also Dublin south (panel number 15) and have not heard anything as of yet. I have emailed HBS recruit and have heard nothing and I have also asked my line manager to check this out. Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

becmar1989 wrote: »
    I am also Dublin south (panel number 15) and have not heard anything as of yet. I have emailed HBS recruit and have heard nothing and I have also asked my line manager to check this out. Hmmmm

It is strange.... I heard initially that the board would be moving quickly - but it is what it is.

I suppose we just have to wait until a posting/position becomes available and then just hope it suits!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

North Dublin results posted today! Should receive them tomorrow..good luck folks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

Good luck to ALL!

Cool.... good luck to you all🀗

• Advertisement

By the way, thanks to all of you for posting, keeping our spirits up and no matter what the outcome - we are ALL winners! ;)

Good luck Dublin northers!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

I didn't get Dublin North. :-( However, the competency scores varied widely from my Dublin South scores! A difference of 50 in most of them! How can the same person, interviewing for the same job have such a difference in scores!

(FYI - I got a small envelope - A5 and I failed; whereas for Dublin South I got a large interview - A4 and passed. Don't know if that helps anyone!)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KtodaT

Got 36 in one Competency :(
    Passed all the rest.
    Raging doesn't even come close.

KtodaT wrote: »
    Got 36 in one Competency :(
    Passed all the rest.
    Raging doesn't even come close.

Oh no! That happened me loads of times for HEO and EO. Gah, so frustrating, sorry to hear that. Could you appeal or ask for a recheck?

• Advertisement

eimaj18 wrote: »
    Oh no! That happened me loads of times for HEO and EO. Gah, so frustrating, sorry to hear that. Could you appeal or ask for a recheck?

I don't think there's any point :(

Also I have my EO interview on Monday so now my confidence is bloody shot!! Worst.Timing.Ever.

KtodaT wrote: »
    I don't think there's any point :(

Also I have my EO interview on Monday so now my confidence is bloody shot!! Worst.Timing.Ever.

They’re very different interviews so think of it like that. You only missed one competency by 4 Marks, everything else you did good in. Think of the positives. You’ll do great! Don’t let it knock you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Was there ever any movement at all for Limerick in this comp?

They’re very different interviews so think of it like that. You only missed one competency by 4 Marks, everything else you did good in. Think of the positives. You’ll do great! Don’t let it knock you.

I hope so. I've never done the EO one before but am deffo going to change my example from the competency I failed!

Do you think the EO interview is easier? I found those Grade IV ones extremely intense, like they were trying to catch me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭claregal1

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Was there ever any movement at all for Limerick in this comp?

They are still working up the internal panel for Limerick.... an expression of interest for grade 4 was sent out last week and filled on Monday ....

I'm still waiting to be called for external interview and I'm top 80 percentile, can't see it happening anytime soon ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Alonso77

claregal1 wrote: »
    They are still working up the internal panel for Limerick.... an expression of interest for grade 4 was sent out last week and filled on Monday ....

I'm still waiting to be called for external interview and I'm top 80 percentile, can't see it happening anytime soon ...

Did you get the application form? I'm in the 90's percentile and never received any form or notification. The last corr I got was in May about no further update.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭claregal1

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Did you get the application form? I'm in the 90's percentile and never received any form or notification. The last corr I got was in May about no further update.

No didn't receive the application form either , same as you last email was in May with no update - its so frustrating ....

I didn't get Dublin North. :-( However, the competency scores varied widely from my Dublin South scores! A difference of 50 in most of them! How can the same person, interviewing for the same job have such a difference in scores!

(FYI - I got a small envelope - A5 and I failed; whereas for Dublin South I got a large interview - A4 and passed. Don't know if that helps anyone!)

No post arrived today so I am left waiting. Appreciate the knowledge of how its been received. The interview queries relating to the no's of CHO's in existence, names of Health Boards etc etc left me surprised as these have no direct impact on the local responsibilities we have(especially as a week after it was announced CHO's were being phased out)...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 farmgirl1

I am very surprised I got on the panel for North Dublin I came out of the interview thinking I had flunked it very badly however i am 137 on the panel so a position may never come up!
    Still just happy I passed it and got feed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Anyone know how many were interviewed for north dublin?

• Advertisement

Yes we are!!

farmgirl1 wrote: »
    I am very surprised I got on the panel for North Dublin I came out of the interview thinking I had flunked it very badly however i am 137 on the panel so a position may never come up!
    Still just happy I passed it and got feed back.

I think that's great. Don't discount the odds; there will be quite a few jobs forthcoming with new Children's Hospital and amongst other hospitals/community. Good to know also re A4 & A5 envelopes. I hate having to wait until Monday pm to know...

Braids wrote: »
    I think that's great. Don't discount the odds; there will be quite a few jobs forthcoming with new Children's Hospital and amongst other hospitals/community. Good to know also re A4 & A5 envelopes. I hate having to wait until Monday pm to know...

I didn't realise that about Hospitals - I would love to get in to the new children's hospital...... perfect location for me! But guessing it is a plum job and jobs in there will go quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 farmgirl1

Braids wrote: »

Thanks hopefully your right! Also my results were in A4 envelope. Best of luck for Monday it's awful having to wait the weekend.

There's the new Children's Hospital in Dublin 2(?) and then the smaller one that's under construction now just in front of Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown D15. The Connolly Station to Maynooth train line runs to Castleknock (Luas to Broombridge and change to train) and it's a 'six block' walk from there, also the number 39 bus line runs to Blanchardstown Village and then its a two block equivalent walk. One caution - friends tell me no staff car parking has been provided for the Children's hospital staff - so the present shortage for Connolly staff will increase for all.

Hi, can anyone from Dublin North tell me when the panel is due to go live? Still waiting on job offers from Dublin south :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jenben81

Hi, can anyone from Dublin North tell me when the panel is due to go live? Still waiting on job offers from Dublin south :(

The panel is live from 21st August as per correspondence from HBS

Jenben81 wrote: »
    The panel is live from 21st August as per correspondence from HBS

Thanks a mil, hopefully Dublin South will go live then too

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jenben81

Thanks a mil, hopefully Dublin South will go live then too

Did it not say in the letter as the letter from North Dublin confirmed the date

• Advertisement

Jenben81 wrote: »
    Did it not say in the letter as the letter from North Dublin confirmed the date

it said it was to go live on 03/08/18 but haven't heard anything since! I would have assumed at least one job would have came through by now so am wondering if there was a delay! Possible there is no jobs yet but I cant imagine that to be the case! :confused:

Advertisement