Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upset12

Hi,
    Got my date for Interview for Laois / Offaly.
    Any one any tips on what they might ask outside of the 6 competencies?
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bonny21

They can only ask us what's in our competencies that we filled out, which was 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Structure of the hse, what district your area is in (that was for Dublin though).
    Function of the hse. Can't remember any more!
    Oh the hse budget!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hopskipandjump

upset12 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Got my date for Interview for Laois / Offaly.
    Any one any tips on what they might ask outside of the 6 competencies?
    Thanks,

I have my interview on the Tuesday morning, I have colleagues with interviews on Monday and Wednesday, not sure if they go on longer than that. The last interview I did for a temp Grade IV I was asked how I would deal with being pulled in different directions while I was trying to get my work done. Be sure to have an example of when this happened to you previously and how you dealt with it. I was also asked what tools I used to organise myself (Outlook etc.). The most important thing about these interviews is giving examples. Read your application thoroughly but have other examples ready to use.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Hi guys. I know this is probably not the right thread but cant find one thats appropriate.

I was just wondering if a newly qualified nurse who gains a permanent position with the HSE has to work in a probatiobary period or does the internship cover this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 farmgirl1

I would imagine u do have to. When admin are on temp contracts for 2 or 3 years when they get a permanent contract they have to do a year probation from the start of the new contract even tho they are working there years.
    kilkenny31 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I know this is probably not the right thread but cant find one thats appropriate.

I was just wondering if a newly qualified nurse who gains a permanent position with the HSE has to work in a probatiobary period or does the internship cover this.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Ok thanks for that.

Hi hopskipandajump ( love the name by the way!)
    Thanks for your reply! Was your interview for Laois/ Offaly? I have mine thurs week the 27th! I did an interview for an Executive officer this year (failed the etray by 6 points unfortunately) a lot of the competencies are similar, it's the questions outside of the competencies that get me a little!
    thanks again for your help & very best of luck to you, did they say how long you have to wait to hear how you did?

North Dublin. Just got text and email of expression of interest for a post. Sent to the top 55 on the panel.

However I'm not in the top 55! 2nd time this week!! First time was a text but no email followed by an 'apology ignore that error' text!

Sorry to hear the Dovies that's so frustrating!!
    I keep getting e mails to say I haven't contacted them to confirm I will attend my interview, but I have ,and I've also got a reply back from them saying they received the e mail! So confusing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hopskipandjump

upset12 wrote: »
    Hi hopskipandajump ( love the name by the way!)
    Thanks for your reply! Was your interview for Laois/ Offaly? I have mine thurs week the 27th! I did an interview for an Executive officer this year (failed the etray by 6 points unfortunately) a lot of the competencies are similar, it's the questions outside of the competencies that get me a little!
    thanks again for your help & very best of luck to you, did they say how long you have to wait to hear how you did?

Yes, did a temp Grade IV for Offaly a few weeks ago, had a letter the following day to say I had been panelled. I did one a few months ago in South Tipp and failed miserably, didn't even get panelled! It was my first interview so it was a wake-up call. While some of the questions throw you as they aren't what you had on your application, every single one of them requires an example of how you have done it before. You can't answer with "I would do this" or "I would do that", it's what you did and how you did it and what the outcome was. Just think about loads of different situations in advance and be ready to use them whenever you think it will fit in to the question asked. Have a few examples such as when you had to participate in teamwork, how you manage your time/multiple tasks, when you had to deal with a difficult situation, when you had to use your initiative in a situation, when you went beyond the call of duty in your work before, when you dealt with a difficult client or colleague. It's hard to have loads of examples but if you have a few in your head, hopefully you'll get to use them. They don't have to be work related either, you could use something from a situation when you were in college or playing a sport. I know I only used 2 examples in my last interview but I managed to scrape through all the same.

I'm applying for the temp Grade IV job in Tullamore as we speak which is on the HSE website, the closing date is this coming Friday. I'm doing an interview for the national Laois/Offaly panel Tuesday 25th. I hope to be more prepared for this interview. Practice makes you that little bit closer to perfect than you were before! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 becmar1989

South Dublin posts due to be expressed this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 usename18

becmar1989 wrote: »

Any more word about the delays? It's taking ages for Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Whoop!! :)

Looking forward to that. This waiting is hard work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Got two offers today for Dublin South. Both in the same section, up near Hueston. Hard to know whether to hold out for something more suitable/interesting. But I will I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

No timeline for Kerry yet!

eimaj18 wrote: »
    Got two offers today for Dublin South. Both in the same section, up near Hueston. Hard to know whether to hold out for something more suitable/interesting. But I will I think.

Cool! 👠It is hard to know especially if you don't know the department. If you're an internal candidate, you'd have a good idea (assuming), if you're an external candidate, it would be hard to judge.
    What was your order of merit?

Cool! 👠It is hard to know especially if you don't know the department. If you're an internal candidate, you'd have a good idea (assuming), if you're an external candidate, it would be hard to judge.
    What was your order of merit?

Am external - order of merit was 35, so am down the list a bit. Hopefully as the times goes by, I'll find a suitable one and there won't be as many on the list.

Am external - order of merit was 35, so am down the list a bit. Hopefully as the times goes by, I'll find a suitable one and there won't be as many on the list.

Grand.... Ok but I thought we only got one chance/offer - and if refused we get taken off the panel?
    Or am I wrong in thinking that?
    Hope you get what you're looking for :)

Grand.... Ok but I thought we only got one chance/offer - and if refused we get taken off the panel?
    Or am I wrong in thinking that?
    Hope you get what you're looking for :)
    Nope if you don't reply to the offer it doesn't affect your position on the panel.

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    Nope if you don't reply to the offer it doesn't affect your position on the panel.

Cool.... that's good to know. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StrikeHurls

"NRS05303 Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV – Carlow/Kilkenny - IMPORTANT Notification - Competency Based Application Form will issue Friday 21 September 2018 at 12 noon"
    Recently got this email, long time coming.... anyone else??

I'm just wondering what happens when a new post becomes available - does the HSE contact the next person on the panel by email or phone? Or is there a weblink we can access and express intrest in on positions coming up?
    Are the positions publicly advertised?

I'm just wondering what happens when a new post becomes available - does the HSE contact the next person on the panel by email or phone? Or is there a weblink we can access and express intrest in on positions coming up?
    Are the positions publicly advertised?
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but the way it's working from this competition is: if you got panelled for a geographical division, you've the possibility of getting a job out of this. If you've panelled in the top 50, you've a good chance of getting a job soon (Dublin anyway).

I'm 35 on Dublin South and have had 8 offers (by email) in 2 separate locations so far. If you are offered a position, you can express an interest in them if that's a post you'd be into (you have a week to do so). If that post doesn't interest you, you just ignore it and it makes no difference to your place on the panel.

If, for example, there are only 10 on a panel. They would get offered a position. Say number 3, 4, 8 and 10 on the panel express an interest in the position, number 3 would get the job as they are the highest. Number 3 would come off the panel and everyone would pretty much be moved up a number.

I think it's a fairly good way of doing things as you only go for positions that interest you.

Anyone get offers for Dublin North yet?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but the way it's working from this competition is: if you got panelled for a geographical division, you've the possibility of getting a job out of this. If you've panelled in the top 50, you've a good chance of getting a job soon (Dublin anyway).

I'm 35 on Dublin South and have had 8 offers (by email) in 2 separate locations so far. If you are offered a position, you can express an interest in them if that's a post you'd be into (you have a week to do so). If that post doesn't interest you, you just ignore it and it makes no difference to your place on the panel.

If, for example, there are only 10 on a panel. They would get offered a position. Say number 3, 4, 8 and 10 on the panel express an interest in the position, number 3 would get the job as they are the highest. Number 3 would come off the panel and everyone would pretty much be moved up a number.

I think it's a fairly good way of doing things as you only go for positions that interest you.

Anyone get offers for Dublin North yet?

Geeze :(.... reading between the lines here, I'm taking it that anyone who is between 55 & 100 on the panel, may not get a posting? And anyone above that, no chance?
    That seems harsh!!

Geeze :(.... reading between the lines here, I'm taking it that anyone who is between 55 & 100 on the panel, may not get a posting? And anyone above that, no chance?
    That seems harsh!!

I think there’s a good enough chance of getting an offer, but it might take a little longer. They’ve to exhaust 50 positions before they move on to the next part - 8 have been offered already. And then, not everyone will still be available for the positions - might have other job opportunities or family circumstances etc that might interfere. I’ve no inside knowledge though - I’m purely speculating.

I think there’s a good enough chance of getting an offer, but it might take a little longer. They’ve to exhaust 50 positions before they move on to the next part - 8 have been offered already. And then, not everyone will still be available for the positions - might have other job opportunities or family circumstances etc that might interfere. I’ve no inside knowledge though - I’m purely speculating.

Okay - thank you Eimaj18 for the update and insight..... let us know if you accept a particular role. Hopefully it is something that you want.
    Dublintigger

Has anyone expressed interest in any of the South Dublin jobs? Im really unsure to go for it or hold out for something closer to home, I live in Greystones!
    I think about 13 jobs have came through already!

Has anyone expressed interest in any of the South Dublin jobs? Im really unsure to go for it or hold out for something closer to home, I live in Greystones!
    I think about 13 jobs have came through already!

Where abouts/area/location were the 13 jobs? If you want to get something closer to you then hold off.

I could be wrong but it looks like the HSE are filling the city centre roles first (area would suit me) and then working their way outwards....

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

• Advertisement

I have no idea, I thought it would be done by which ever job order had gone through first (which service) but I could be wrong!

Most of the jobs are in city centre and Rathgar!
    Its so hard to know what to do!!:confused:

Advertisement