Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

HDonal wrote: »
    Competency-based application forms for Kerry are being issued Friday

Yes just received the email... what a long wait to even get to this stage. Are the competencies the same as the clerical officer ones I wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Competency-based application forms for Kerry are being issued Friday

I assume they can be filled in electronically!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭HDonal

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Yes just received the email... what a long wait to even get to this stage. Are the competencies the same as the clerical officer ones I wonder.

Probably are..Might copy and paste so! I see from the email they're calling everyone who passed the test regardless of percentile.

I got a great result but don't know if I'll bother as I ended up very far down the panel in the grade 3 process.

I assume they can be filled in electronically!

If they're like the other campaigns they can be.

Probably are..Might copy and paste so! I see from the email they're calling everyone who passed the test regardless of percentile.

I got a great result but don't know if I'll bother as I ended up very far down the panel in the grade 3 process.

You should go ahead anyway, you never know. I think the way they grade you from solely the interview is crazy. I mean all the experience and qualifications you have mean absolutely nothing. This was my experience in the grade III. HDonal I see you are on the panel for clerical officer in civil service as well. Have you had any luck with that one. I didn't go to the supervised tests as I was only called when they started the 2018 panel!

• Advertisement

You should go ahead anyway, you never know. I think the way they grade you from solely the interview is crazy. I mean all the experience and qualifications you have mean absolutely nothing. This was my experience in the grade III. HDonal I see you are on the panel for clerical officer in civil service as well. Have you had any luck with that one. I didn't go to the supervised tests as I was only called when they started the 2018 panel!

Exactly! It makes no sense to test our aptitudes when for eg the mood of the interviewer on the day might have more input in the place you end up with.

I have had more luck alright with the civil service, got offered a place in killarney and am waiting for the garda vetting to go through

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Exactly! It makes no sense to test our aptitudes when for eg the mood of the interviewer on the day might have more input in the place you end up with.
    At my interview I was in the waiting room with other candidates and each time an interviewer came in I was thinking hope he's not on my panel or he seems nice hope I have him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KtodaT

Dovies wrote: »
    At my interview I was in the waiting room with other candidates and each time an interviewer came in I was thinking hope he's not on my panel or he seems nice hope I have him!!

It really bothers me about the interviews in the HSE being the be all and end all. You can see straight up how people who are good at interviews are in top positions but yet are actually useless at their jobs.

I'm currently on the Civil Service Panel Batch 1.7. If I get called it will mean I have to wait another 2 years before I got for an internal promotion. This I believe is unfair as I have 2.5 years experience in HSE.

Rattled.

KtodaT wrote: »

It really bothers me about the interviews in the HSE being the be all and end all. You can see straight up how people who are good at interviews are in top positions but yet are actually useless at their jobs.

I'm currently on the Civil Service Panel Batch 1.7. If I get called it will mean I have to wait another 2 years before I got for an internal promotion. This I believe is unfair as I have 2.5 years experience in HSE.

Rattled.
    I have 13 yrs!

Tis the luck of the draw!

• Advertisement

I have had more luck alright with the civil service, got offered a place in killarney and am waiting for the garda vetting to go through

That's fantastic news congratulations what department if you don't mind me asking, i'm currently in the HSE in Killarney but not in an admin role so am hoping I can apply internally for anything that might come up.

That's fantastic news congratulations what department if you don't mind me asking, i'm currently in the HSE in Killarney but not in an admin role so am hoping I can apply internally for anything that might come up.

Thanks very much! Shared services department, based in Deerpark. That's true, at least you have a foot in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Dublin North received an email saying we would hear the results the week of the 23rd of July.

I am not feeling very confident at all. I just want to know how I did, as do all the other III's who went for it in my office :(
    I know they said the week of 23rd so that could be Friday but I really don't have the patience for this!
    I hear ya! Hopefully we'll be put out of our misery tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got my email for Kerry

Got my email for Kerry

Got mine too!

I know they said the week of 23rd so that could be Friday but I really don't have the patience for this!

Looks like it won’t be this week then!! Bloody hell this campaign is ridiculous!

eimaj18 wrote: »

Looks like it won’t be this week then!! Bloody hell this campaign is ridiculous!
    Not even a sorry email!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

Tis the luck of the draw!
    Nothing received on 27/7/18 herein either, text or post. Confirms despite HBS advice 18/7 we would hear something this
    week. Probably delayed by this week's interviews as expected. Good luck everyone for Monday!

Braids wrote: »
    Nothing received on 27/7/18 herein either, text or post. Confirms despite HBS advice 18/7 we would hear something this
    week. Probably delayed by this week's interviews as expected. Good luck everyone for Monday!

I received the competency based application form yesterday (in Kerry). Strange

Just got the 'we have no update' email! Feck sake!

• Advertisement

Just got the 'we have no update' email! Feck sake!

Me too!! What is the story!?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KtodaT

Me too!! What is the story!?

I suppose the delay is because of the extra interviews on Friday.
    I think these were people who had appealed not being selected for interview.
    But NRS knew these were going ahead and still told us it would be the week of the 23rd. Very bad form.

I suppose the delay is because of the extra interviews on Friday.
    I think these were people who had appealed not being selected for interview.
    But NRS knew these were going ahead and still told us it would be the week of the 23rd. Very bad form.

Have heard nothing yet also...

Just got a text to say Dublin South results are out and are in the post. Gah! Won’t get the post until tomorrow after work. Mad that Dublin South are out and Dublin North aren’t yet - there were three weeks in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GB68

Placed numbee 28 in Dublin south delighted

GB68 wrote: »
    Placed numbee 28 in Dublin south delighted

Well done. I got 35! And so we wait!

Well done. I got 35! And so we wait!

Feeling like Lee Evans the Comedian walking back and forth, back and forth looking into the Distance for Dublin North results..:D.

Feeling like Lee Evans the Comedian walking back and forth, back and forth looking into the Distance for Dublin North results..:D.

Ha ha yeah! I went for Dublin North too. I’d say we’ll have them this week. Fingers crossed. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pinklady09

Has anyone heard any updates about Dublin North yet? Must be a problem with them if they haven’t issued results yet

• Advertisement

Pinklady09 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any updates about Dublin North yet? Must be a problem with them if they haven’t issued results yet
    Nope. Only the email last week with no update!

Advertisement