Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Grove

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markjmc

Did anyone get a welcome pack when they moved in ?

Got our keys last Friday. Told we'd be getting info pack on the house via email (pdf) shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 odriscs

Hi folks,

I've just put a deposit down on one of the three bed mid-terrace houses and was wondering who people were using for wooden flooring if they put it down? Just wondering if anyone has recommendations or an idea of what kind of budget I should set aside for flooring? Appreciate any help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markjmc

odriscs wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've just put a deposit down on one of the three bed mid-terrace houses and was wondering who people were using for wooden flooring if they put it down? Just wondering if anyone has recommendations or an idea of what kind of budget I should set aside for flooring? Appreciate any help! :)

Congrats. We've gone with TC Matthews in Lucan. Wooden floors downstairs and carpets upstairs. Budget should range from €3.5k to 6k, including underlay and fitting, from the various options we were shown.

markjmc wrote: »
    Congrats. We've gone with TC Matthews in Lucan. Wooden floors downstairs and carpets upstairs. Budget should range from €3.5k to 6k, including underlay and fitting, from the various options we were shown.

Thanks a million! Yeah that's the kind of budget I'd set aside but you know the way it is - the mind starts to run wild and you start thinking it might end up being crazy figures. Will for sure check out the place in Lucan. Appreciate the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The_Sally_Gap

We went with des Kelly (not sure if you can post names on this or how it works?), ours came to around 3-4k for everything! We got a tiler from on site to do our kitchen tiles and he was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mfl33

Hi guys, would anyone be able to advise on the process from snagging to handover of keys. We have received notice of closing and are booked in to do our snag on Monday. Taking into account that they have 14 days to clear up any snags as far as I am aware, how long was it after doing your snagging that you received keys? Keen to see if we will get in before Xmas. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The_Sally_Gap

mfl33 wrote: »
    Hi guys, would anyone be able to advise on the process from snagging to handover of keys. We have received notice of closing and are booked in to do our snag on Monday. Taking into account that they have 14 days to clear up any snags as far as I am aware, how long was it after doing your snagging that you received keys? Keen to see if we will get in before Xmas. Thanks

I don’t think ours was that long, (1 less than a week I think!). I’d be more concerned about the bank holding things up, so make sure you have home insurance and life insurance /mortgage protection in place as these are things that can often delay things especially if you go with a different provider than the bank you are getting your mortgage with!

We went with des Kelly (not sure if you can post names on this or how it works?), ours came to around 3-4k for everything! We got a tiler from on site to do our kitchen tiles and he was great!

Cheers, shall add it to the list of places to check out. Not due to move in until earliest Feb/Mar so I have a bit of time to shop around. Appreciate the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lmccarthy8

mfl33 wrote: »

Hi, do you mind sharing the contact details of who is doing the snag list for you? Our house should be ready for doing a snag next week. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mfl33

Lmccarthy8 wrote: »
    Hi, do you mind sharing the contact details of who is doing the snag list for you? Our house should be ready for doing a snag next week. Thanks

Hi there, we went with <snip> as we were recommended Tom by a friend. He seemed quite thorough and knows his stuff. From what I know, he has years of experience on sites in Ireland and now runs this business with his partner. Snag list was sent out to us that same evening and was very professional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Tomrogic

Hi,
    Does anyone know if Virgin is the only option for broadband on the site? They are pretty expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tomrogic

Hi,
    Does anyone know if Virgin is the only option for broadband on the site? They are pretty expensive

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note: recommendations by PM only .please.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HOCR

Anyone know the name of the paint used on skirtings etc

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lfbmick

HOCR wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the paint used on skirtings etc

Hi,got it from Mark - forman.

The wall paint is Nite 23 Fleetwood Matt.
    Ceiling paint is flat white (white) matt fleetwood.

Woodwork is fleetwood oil satin .... Brume

lfbmick wrote: »

Thanks a mill I'l give him a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lfbmick

HOCR wrote: »
    Thanks a mill I'l give him a shout

Hi,he did not get paint for me,he only got the name and number of the paint.There is shop beside super valu where you can get this paint.

lfbmick wrote: »

Hi, I had gone to the paint shop in SuperValu and they said that Brume was a dulux colour
    Did you get a tin here yourself? Would you have a picture of the tin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thuydan411

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone in Carton Groove making attic conversion? If so, please advise us which company should we go for it and how much does it cost? Do they make windows in an attic?

Thanks,

thuydan411 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Is there anyone in Carton Groove making attic conversion? If so, please advise us which company should we go for it and how much does it cost? Do they make windows in an attic?

Thanks,
    Depends what type of house not all are able to be converted due to the prefab roofs. In my last house I was looking at a co called Bear attics they do a package for 12k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 thuydan411

Thank you for your info. My house is end of terrace, its attic is ready for conversion. So, I am looking for which company is to do the conversion with a reasonable price.

Many thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭g3l8usd9inoptz

5 Star Attics are very good

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Matmat

dhlane wrote: »
    No problem, PM sent to you there.

Would you mind to send the blinds details to me too?thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Scott2018

Hi, does anyone know if Sky is an option instead of Virgin Media? And if so, what's the story with getting a dish put on the outside wall - do you need any permission? Thanks.

Does anyone have the window measurements for a 3-bedroom end terrace. Presumably they're the same size as the mid terrace houses but they have a few extra side windows. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RYEL

Scott2018 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if Sky is an option instead of Virgin Media? And if so, what's the story with getting a dish put on the outside wall - do you need any permission? Thanks.

Houses are sold as freehold, so I can't imagine there is any issue with getting sky apart from any dish placement issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LisaC251

Yes, Sky is an option for the houses as I am getting it in. Just waiting for Eir to activate phone line for me for Broadband

Are all of the houses collectively using the same bins and recycling company, or are different ones being used so that they are being left out and picked up different days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Matmat

Scott2018 wrote: »
    Are all of the houses collectively using the same bins and recycling company, or are different ones being used so that they are being left out and picked up different days?

I would also be interested in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 dhlane

Matmat wrote: »
    I would also be interested in this.

There are two companies in use, Thornton’s and AES. We use AES for our bins. Both collect on different days.

Advertisement