Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Grove

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brudarodonovan

thuydan411 wrote: »
    Thank you for your info. My house is end of terrace, its attic is ready for conversion. So, I am looking for which company is to do the conversion with a reasonable price.

Many thanks!

How did you get on with the attic conversion? How much was it quoted for? We too are thinking of converting before move in as it might be cheaper in the long run?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ireland2017

Hi, I know we posted before about this but just wondering if the parking allocation in Carton Grove annoys anyone else?? We just feel it doesn't make sense to have the parking staggered and that the designated spaces should be directly outside the house. Not sure what can be done, we asked the foreman and he said it was beyond his control.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The_Sally_Gap

Hi, I know we posted before about this but just wondering if the parking allocation in Carton Grove annoys anyone else?? We just feel it doesn't make sense to have the parking staggered and that the designated spaces should be directly outside the house. Not sure what can be done, we asked the foreman and he said it was beyond his control.

I don’t think it would work for everyone to park directly outside. We live in one of the mid terraced houses and the parking cuts off at the house beside ours, there is grass on front of us. The only advantage for us is that there are no lights shining into the sitting room every time somebody parks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ireland2017

Seems like you are one of the lucky ones not affected but I think a lot are and will be when everyone moves in...even the 3 and 4 beds at the front have the parking staggered, just seems to make little sense especially as those are double fronted houses, but one of the spaces is parked parallel to the neighbours window instead of outside their own. I'll have another check with the foreman but not sure if he will or can do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LisaC251

Mharding wrote: »
    Hey! I have a question for whoever is in no.21! Firstly, Hi, I'm your neighbour in 22! Where did you get your lovely blinds for the sitting room? Any chance you could share measurements with us? We're not in yet but will be soon and want to try and get them in as soon as we can!

Would you mind sharing blind details with me as well - even the supplier you used as i am in a 3 bed terrace.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

markjmc wrote: »
    Got our keys last Friday. Told we'd be getting info pack on the house via email (pdf) shortly.

Hi
    Did you get a pack as I got nothing with keys?

I am just moving in and our parking has not been numbered yet which means people are not using there designated spots and parking across 2 spots which is causing more havoc.
    I would also like my parking outside my house or else the option of at least one directly car outside the house and one further down if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cooper35

Has anyone received a completion date from the back half of the estate so numbers 27-52. I am hoping its the end of this month, from what I can see all the houses seem to be done bar internal work being carried out and the finished road to access them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Scott2018

Cooper35 wrote: »
    Has anyone received a completion date from the back half of the estate so numbers 27-52. I am hoping its the end of this month, from what I can see all the houses seem to be done bar internal work being carried out and the finished road to access them

The foreman said the last of them should be completed by the end of the month, with some of the roads not being completed until mid February.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cooper35

Ok great I was wondering if that was going to be the case, everytime I ask for an update I don't seem to be able to get a straight answer end of this month would be fantastic though as am looking forward to moving in at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Sal80

Hi there, I've bought a 3 bed end of terrace townhouse and I was just wondering if anyone might have the sitting room measurements as I just want to make sure the 3 seat and two seat sofa I've my eye on will fit. I guess the 3 bed mid terrace measurements will be the same. Thanks

Would people be interested in having a Facebook page set up for Carton Grove? Moyglare Hall have one that was originally set up when a spate of burglaries hit the area. Apparently it helped as people were posting information about anything suspicious that was going on. I was thinking it might also be handy as when the builders are gone we will probably need to organise the grass being maintained etc. It was just something I thought of, let me know if anyone would be interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HOCR

LisaC251 wrote: »
    I am just moving in and our parking has not been numbered yet which means people are not using there designated spots and parking across 2 spots which is causing more havoc.
    I would also like my parking outside my house or else the option of at least one directly car outside the house and one further down if needed.

The parking spots are outlined and allocated on the planning maps that were sent to your Solicitors which is one of the reasons we went with a different house to have our two spots directly outside, I have a copy if anyone needs. Presuming this was part of the planning application. I would imagine there is nothing that can be done about it now as they would have to apply for planning permission to change and parking spots would not line up with all houses.

Matmat wrote: »
    I would also be interested in this.

No youre free to go with whatever company you wish. There's a rep going around for one particular company which everyone seems to be going with. They work out slightly cheaper.

Seems like you are one of the lucky ones not affected but I think a lot are and will be when everyone moves in...even the 3 and 4 beds at the front have the parking staggered, just seems to make little sense especially as those are double fronted houses, but one of the spaces is parked parallel to the neighbours window instead of outside their own. I'll have another check with the foreman but not sure if he will or can do anything.

It's part of planning application and spaces were specified on the planning maps provided prior to purchase. I have copy of the map if you need.

Would people be interested in having a Facebook page set up for Carton Grove? Moyglare Hall have one that was originally set up when a spate of burglaries hit the area. Apparently it helped as people were posting information about anything suspicious that was going on. I was thinking it might also be handy as when the builders are gone we will probably need to organise the grass being maintained etc. It was just something I thought of, let me know if anyone would be interested!
    Sounds like a good idea.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/397915173988850/

Hopefully the above works! Any other volunteers for admin are welcome!

Here is the estate planning map with car space allocation for anyone that's interested. V is the visitor parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 richardcbyrne

Hi All, hopefully will be joining ye all living in Carton Grove in a few months. Myself and wife are very excited about the prospect of moving in. We took a walk around last Saturday during showings of the showhouses.

What I wanted to see if anyone who bought one of the 4 bed semi detached is still active in the thread? Would anyone have the floor measurements of the rooms available. Looking to start pricing flooring etc. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

As we're still waiting on contracts we haven't been able to get names of the suppliers for the showhouses etc. Does anyone have that details?

Thanks

Richard

Hi All, hopefully will be joining ye all living in Carton Grove in a few months. Myself and wife are very excited about the prospect of moving in. We took a walk around last Saturday during showings of the showhouses.

What I wanted to see if anyone who bought one of the 4 bed semi detached is still active in the thread? Would anyone have the floor measurements of the rooms available. Looking to start pricing flooring etc. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

As we're still waiting on contracts we haven't been able to get names of the suppliers for the showhouses etc. Does anyone have that details?

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard
    I live in one of the 4 bed semi ds, I don't have the measurements but the foreman allowed our floor guy in to measure once we signed contracts. We went with Ronan Cullen flooring he's done about 5/6 houses in the estate, very happy with the results. Our floor, laminate downstairs and carpet upstairs similar to showhouse. To give you a ballpark was 4.5k. we went with a slightly more expensive floor downstairs.
    Bespace did the kitchen and wardrobes, that's all we were provided with

• Advertisement

HOCR wrote: »
    Hi Richard
    I live in one of the 4 bed semi ds, I don't have the measurements but the foreman allowed our floor guy in to measure once we signed contracts. We went with Ronan Cullen flooring he's done about 5/6 houses in the estate, very happy with the results. Our floor, laminate downstairs and carpet upstairs similar to showhouse. To give you a ballpark was 4.5k. we went with a slightly more expensive floor downstairs.
    Bespace did the kitchen and wardrobes, that's all we were provided with

Thanks so much for that HOCR. Was trying to get ahead of the whole thing and pulling together some pricings/costs. It seems to be all happening very quickly so as much as we can have lined up the best for us!

Can I be cheeky and ask if you have the names of the carpets/laminate that you picked. Getting it all lined up etc is getting us excited but busy few months ahead.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for that HOCR. Was trying to get ahead of the whole thing and pulling together some pricings/costs. It seems to be all happening very quickly so as much as we can have lined up the best for us!

Can I be cheeky and ask if you have the names of the carpets/laminate that you picked. Getting it all lined up etc is getting us excited but busy few months ahead.

Thanks!
    The laminate we got was Balterio Venetian Oak, no idea of name of carpet it was a darker grey but he supplies and fits both, I think he sources the laminate from floordesign.ie if you wanted to look at different styles we went with the bound carpet down the stairs (if you were doing this you need to paint the edges of the stairs prior). They took all packaging away etc. We used Westside home and garden for the wood Venetian blinds again very happy. All appliances from power city fyi they take back the packaging if you drop it back to them. Before you move in you should organise your bins because ours took 2 weeks to deliver and there is alot of rubbish those first few days!!

HOCR wrote: »
    The laminate we got was Balterio Venetian Oak, no idea of name of carpet it was a darker grey but he supplies and fits both, I think he sources the laminate from floordesign.ie if you wanted to look at different styles we went with the bound carpet down the stairs (if you were doing this you need to paint the edges of the stairs prior). They took all packaging away etc. We used Westside home and garden for the wood Venetian blinds again very happy. All appliances from power city fyi they take back the packaging if you drop it back to them. Before you move in you should organise your bins because ours took 2 weeks to deliver and there is alot of rubbish those first few days!!

Thanks for these few tips. Any advice is great.... always good to get these 'cheats' from people that have already been through it.

Does anyone know of a good surveyor to do our snag list?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 odriscs

Just wondering if anyone could PM me on the name and number/email of the site foreman? Want to arrange to go in and take some measurements for flooring etc. and the estate agent isn't being great about getting back to me with the contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markjmc

LisaC251 wrote: »
    Hi
    Did you get a pack as I got nothing with keys?

Nothing yet

Nothing yet

We got the welcome pack by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markjmc

We got the welcome pack by email.

Must get onto the foreman about that. What did it contain?

Must get onto the foreman about that. What did it contain?

It’s mainly information about appliances, heating systems (how to use it, explaining not to have the heat full blast for the first while to reduce shrinkage etc) the boiler and solar panels. Then there is a summary PDF on the above!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 dfd84

They appear to be realigning car park spaces. Didnt hear anything in advance even though my space was affected.

Advertisement