Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Grove

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dhlane

markjmc wrote: »
    And does an extractor fan come with the house?
    The kitchen comes with an extractor fan. Not sure about a double oven fitting as we installed an integrated microwave and an oven.
    The oven specs are -
    Depth 55cm
    Height 60cm
    Width 60cm

Most standard built-in ovens are the same size and will fit in the bottom slot of the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dfd84

Just found out the hard way that skirting boards are glued despite being clearly told they had just been pinned. As a result i need to touch up the grey paint on them does anyone know what brand & colour matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RYEL

dfd84 wrote: »
    Just found out the hard way that skirting boards are glued despite being clearly told they had just been pinned. As a result i need to touch up the grey paint on them does anyone know what brand & colour matches?

Did they come away easy enough despite being glued?

Don't have a clue about the colour though sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dfd84

RYEL wrote: »
    Did they come away easy enough despite being glued?

Don't have a clue about the colour though sorry.

"Easy enough" was what i was told. There was some damage to plaster work but this was covered when they were put back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ireland2017

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has heard from Virgin media about broadband connection. I have been logging calls with them every two days but they still can't seem to give me an answer. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lfbmick

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has heard from Virgin media about broadband connection. I have been logging calls with them every two days but they still can't seem to give me an answer. Thanks
    I rang them today,as I raised ticket few week ago.Still don't know when we will get signal.As they are waiting for contractor to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mharding

Anyone else experiencing some really bad mobile phone coverage in the estate? Any ideas on how to boost the signal?

Contacted Virgin again today, they said they are having problems with the contractor and it could be another two weeks before they know anything.

I rang VirginMedia again this morning and they said their hoping to have a temporary fix in by the end of the week that will enable us to start getting services from them. Will ring back on Friday to confirm. They said that their work has been completed and their waiting on the developers/builders to do their bit in order to connect to the cables on the Dublin road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dairejpwalsh

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck with broadband yet. At this stage I'll probably go with who can provide the service first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 LeeC1990

Hi all, what is it exactly that Virgin Media have to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RYEL

Not sure when it happened but the site actually has content now.
    http://www.cartongrove.com/

dhlane wrote: »
    I rang VirginMedia again this morning and they said their hoping to have a temporary fix in by the end of the week that will enable us to start getting services from them. Will ring back on Friday to confirm. They said that their work has been completed and their waiting on the developers/builders to do their bit in order to connect to the cables on the Dublin road.

Hi,

By any chance did you have any luck with broadband today?

Hi, Yep i rang Virgin Media again this afternoon. I have a case open with them since October. They have advised that the work will be completed next Monday and that we should be able to receive all services from Monday evening. They advised me to call back on Monday evening to get my services switched on in the new house as it should appear on their system once the work finishes Monday. I took my wireless router from the last house and have it connected up ready to go so presuming they connect the service Monday, i should get internet access straight away so will post a comment to let you know how that goes.

They've promised this work will be completed a few times so i'm not overly confident but sure we'll see.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tomrogic

Hi,
    Can I ask anyone from Phase 1 if they bought an integrated or freestanding washing machine? Im in Phase 2, and from the show house I think I remember that the space for the washing machine is integrated into the kitchen space. I was reading about freestanding v integrated washing machines and if there is a wooden plinth and it will fit tightly into a kitchen unit then you need an inetgrated machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The_Sally_Gap

Tomrogic wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can I ask anyone from Phase 1 if they bought an integrated or freestanding washing machine? Im in Phase 2, and from the show house I think I remember that the space for the washing machine is integrated into the kitchen space. I was reading about freestanding v integrated washing machines and if there is a wooden plinth and it will fit tightly into a kitchen unit then you need an inetgrated machine.

Hi we got an integrated dishwasher for the kitchen but freestanding washing machine and put it in the utility room! We are in a 3 bed mid-terraced house so I’m not sure if the other ones are different in that the washing machine is in the kitchen rather than the dishwasher.

Ok thanks for the reply
    We are moving into a 3 bed semi-detached so maybe its a bit different, our washing machine is in the kitchen.
    I think i'll just measure the available space for it and go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HOCR

Anyone been through the process for setting up utilities, do I just need to sign up with ESB and bird gais utility?. Builder was looking for meter install dates, are the meters not installed already?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 member2017

dhlane wrote: »
    Hi, Yep i rang Virgin Media again this afternoon. I have a case open with them since October. They have advised that the work will be completed next Monday and that we should be able to receive all services from Monday evening. They advised me to call back on Monday evening to get my services switched on in the new house as it should appear on their system once the work finishes Monday. I took my wireless router from the last house and have it connected up ready to go so presuming they connect the service Monday, i should get internet access straight away so will post a comment to let you know how that goes.

They've promised this work will be completed a few times so i'm not overly confident but sure we'll see.....
    Just wondering if you've had any update from Virgin Media and if the connection is up and running in the estate yet?

Hi, yes my VirginMedia broadband is up and running. I rang earlier and they advised it wouldn't be sorted till the end of week but i came home hooked up my router anyway to test and i'm getting broadband services so i'm happy :)

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I rang Virgin today and tried to get broadband ordered today. It seems because my address isn't in their system yet I can't order it yet. Has anyone else faced this issue? I tried to explain that it seems that other people have working broadband but this went straight over the guys head I was talking to. If anyone manages to order it could you let me know what I need to say to them in order to get them to process the order.

Regards,
    Daire

Hi,
    Anyone from Phase 1 have any input on who they found the best/fastest for connecting Gas and electricity? The builder recommended electric ireland for electricity and Bord Gais for the Gas.

I contacted virgin yesterday and they said that some of the houses have had their Broadband set up already and that the remaining houses should be set up this week. He was to call me back after he contacted the engineer but i am still waiting.

I contacted virgin yesterday and they said that some of the houses have had their Broadband set up already and that the remaining houses should be set up this week. He was to call me back after he contacted the engineer but i am still waiting.

Also waiting on a “callback”

Contacted Virgin just there again and he said that this time tomorrow our BB will be hooked up and that our address should appear on their system (check address on homepage of virgin site). Can I ask, do people have the 'portal box' installed in their living rooms as it seems that their is none in our house. If anyone can post a picture of the portal box that they have here that would be great because i have to inform virgin of our requirements tomorrow. Thanks

Got told earlier if I could get our neighbours VM account number (three VM connections showing when we turn the WiFi on) that they could set us up. Gave the eircode for the showhouse (this is how we have gotten around address issues before i.e put that address in the system and our house is a few doors down) and they found the address for it but then said that the internet connection hasn’t been set up for this area yet and that and engineer would be out to check it out...such a joke!

Contacted Virgin just there again and he said that this time tomorrow our BB will be hooked up and that our address should appear on their system (check address on homepage of virgin site). Can I ask, do people have the 'portal box' installed in their living rooms as it seems that their is none in our house. If anyone can post a picture of the portal box that they have here that would be great because i have to inform virgin of our requirements tomorrow. Thanks

Is this the box you mean.

That seems to be the box, thanks for that pic, much appreciated. We don't have that in our house so will have to organise an engineer.

I ordered Virgin 360mb broadband today with no problems, my address wasn't on the website but when I rang up everything ok ( some Carton Grove addresses now on website ). So everyone should be good to go now I say.

• Advertisement

Did anyone get a welcome pack when they moved in ?

Advertisement