Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Multiple shooting' at congressional baseball game practice field

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

All the news Stateside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

If the roles were reversed (Dem batting practice) you can absolutely guarantee Alex Jones and Cernovich would be claiming this is a False Flag attack.

60 rounds fired, no fatalities, immediate spin to pin this on the Dems, probably will be used as a pretext to float Draconian measures.

Flip and reverse it, the far-right would be all over this as a False Flag incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

If the roles were reversed (Dem batting practice) you can absolutely guarantee Alex Jones and Cernovich would be claiming this is a False Flag attack.

60 rounds fired, no fatalities, immediate spin to pin this on the Dems, probably will be used as a pretext to float Draconian measures.

Flip and reverse it, the far-right would be all over this as a False Flag incident.

Shut up.

Shut up.

Did I offend your far-right-wing sensibilities?

Surprised you haven't dropped usual pearl of wisdom about guns not being the problem.

Did I offend your far-right-wing sensibilities?

Surprised you haven't dropped usual pearl of wisdom about guns not being the problem.

You have a terrible habit of trying to turn things around and blame other groups when there's a incident like today, it's pathetic. Most people with rational thinking would think to themselves this is some nut and spell out the facts as to what happened and why. I don't think it's representative of Democrats or people with left wing views at all, but I would place some blame on the toxic Political environment that's being created in the US. Instead you say "well if someone on the right did it, blah blah." You probably don't even notice yourself doing it.

• Advertisement

Most people with rational thinking would think to themselves this is some nut and spell out the facts as to what happened and why. I don't think it's representative of Democrats or people with left wing views at all, but I would place some blame on the toxic Political environment that's being created in the US.

Toxic political environment created by Trump.

As for "people with rational thinking", Donald Trump Jr. is already blaming liberals for this on twitter. And it's rich coming from you, Mr Scorpio who blames the left for everything Islamists do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

You have a terrible habit of trying to turn things around and blame other groups when there's a incident like today, it's pathetic. Most people with rational thinking would think to themselves this is some nut and spell out the facts as to what happened and why. I don't think it's representative of Democrats or people with left wing views at all, but I would place some blame on the toxic Political environment that's being created in the US. Instead you say "well if someone on the right did it, blah blah." You probably don't even notice yourself doing it.

the toxic media sums it up, they have basically set up that shooting Trump would be a heroic thing to do

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Toxic political environment created by Trump.

As for "people with rational thinking", Donald Trump Jr. is already blaming liberals for this on twitter.

Yeah it's solely Trumps fault. Not one Democrat Politician has called out those Antifa groups who are constantly engaged in violence. The Democrat establishment have ignored it and turned a blind eye. People like Loretta Lynch have released videos advocating for violence on the streets. It's not Republicans who are engaged in setting cars on fire and smashing up store fronts either. Right now there's a play in NYC emulating the assassination of Trump, it's gotten so bad people like Kathy Griffin felt like she could get away with what she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

gandalf wrote: »
    Terrorism.......oh wait it's a white male, errr mental health so........

:confused:

Isn't that what we were told everytime there was a Islamic attack in Europe. For months and months it would either be gas explosion or the mentally ill.

Incredibly insulting to all those with mental illness.

Yeah it's solely Trumps fault. Not one Democrat Politician has called out those Antifa groups who are constantly engaged in violence. The Democrat establishment have ignored it and turned a blind eye. People like Loretta Lynch have released videos advocating for violence on the streets. It's not Republicans who are engaged in setting cars on fire and smashing up store fronts either. Right now there's a play in NYC emulating the assassination of Trump, it's gotten so bad people like Kathy Griffin felt like she could get away with what she did.

Kathy Griffin lol. She did nothing.

The same amount of nothing Trump did/said after Portland.

When you only condemn violence against Republicans and not violence committed by right-wing white supremacists it creates toxicity.

• Advertisement

c_man wrote: »
    Yeah, no-one called Timothy McVeigh a terrorist... And Christopher Dorner was instantly called one... Oh wait, no that's complete bolloX.

Actually reading that there was a good few Republicans hit, so maybe the shooter does have a commonality with the views expressed by Dorner.

What was McVeigh called at the time. Any material I've read on him refers to him as a domestic terrorist.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The same amount of nothing Trump did/said after Portland.

When you only condemn violence against Republicans and not violence committed by right-wing white supremacists it creates toxicity.

whats Portland? (I know its a city and that it is in Oregon)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Thanks for proving my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Democrats have repeatedly called out violence. Are calling out this attack.

There was a performance of Julius Caesar during Obama's presidency depicting him as Caesar.

Trump invited Ted Nugent to the White House.

Nugent’s 2012 comments about Obama — who he has called a “piece of ****” and a “subhuman mongrel” — are far from the only threat he’s made against prominent Democrats. As the Daily Beast chronicled, Nugent discussed shooting Harry Reid during the National Rifle Association’s annual meeting in 2015. In January 2016, he called for both Obama and Clinton to “be tried for treason & hung.” Nugent once called Clinton a “worthless bitch” and called for her to “ride one of these [guns] into the sunset.” He told Obama to “suck on my machine gun.”

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-hosts-ted-nugent-white-house-c0da4b94c51

And I haven't even touched on the vileness that is Trump himself.

Spare me your ridiculous faux outrage.

Democrats have repeatedly called out violence. Are calling out this attack.

Link me to one Democrat Politician calling out the antifa.

beans wrote: »
    Just like in Switzerland... oh wait.

Not the same tension in Switzerland. More homogeneous.

who are your heroes? Cernovich? Gavin McInnes? Do you have a little Pepe the Frog avatar on your twitter?

Pretty pathetic.

These are some of the people leading "The resistance" who have organised and spoke publicly at marches against Trump. If it wasn't for double standards the left would have no standards at all.

Donna Hylton

In 1985, Hylton and two accomplices drugged and kidnapped 62-year-old Long Island real-estate broker Thomas Vigliarolo, and held him prisoner for 15-20 days. While imprisoned, Vigliarolo was starved, burned, beaten, sexually assaulted, raped and tortured by three men and four women, including Hylton. It was Hylton who delivered a ransom note and tape to a friend of Vigliarolo, leading to her capture.

Linda Sarsour

https://twitter.com/lsarsour/status/116922589967949824?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shooter is James T. Hodgkinson
    Charles Orear, 50, a restaurant manager from St. Louis, said in an interview Wednesday that he became friendly with James T. Hodgkinson, whom law enforcement officials identified as the shooter, during their work in Iowa on Sen. Bernie Sanders's presidential campaign. Orear said Hodgkinson was a passionate progressive and showed no signs of violence or malice toward others.

Lefty approved link ;)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/2017/live-updates/public-safety/updates-shooting-at-congressional-baseball-practice-in-virginia/acquaintance-describes-campaigning-for-sanders-with-hodgkinson/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,196 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Hank, you do dredge up some whacky stuff. WTF has it got to do with today's events.
    Nobody should defend this guys actions. The same applies to McVeigh.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    Hank, you do dredge up some whacky stuff. WTF has it got to do with today's events.

Who brought up Alex Jones and Mike Cernovich in an attempt at deflection?

biko wrote: »

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but this whole episode reminds me of the scene in Minority Report where Tom Cruise is faced with the orgy of evidence on the bed.

60 rounds fired - no fatality among GOP.
    Shooter - quickly tied to Bernie/Dems.
    Shooter - reported alive and in custody, now = dead
    Video of incident - non existent.

Convenient stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Celticfire wrote: »
    Supposedly up to 50 shots fired.
    At least 5 shot.
    Suspect should also be charged with incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,196 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Alex Jones is a nut case. The fact that he has an audience is what's worrying.
    If somebody was like him on the other side of the political spectrum, it would worry me too.

Wonderfullife, have we a conspiracy theory already?
    Well if the right has them, I suppose the left can have them too.

If somebody was like him on the other side of the political spectrum, it would worry me too.

I literally just posted a conspiracy theory lol :)

Anyway I'm out, I can't deal with anymore left v right stuff and I'm clearly watching too much of the X Files.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

I still haven't forgiven alex jones for convincing that soldier to bomb the aliens in Arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

BREAK!!!

Okay. guys. I'm not f**king interested in getting involved here. None of it interests, or bothers me. I'm the guy in the white shirt and black bow tie. (Do Boxing Referees still wear bow ties?)

who are your heroes? Cernovich? Gavin McInnes? Do you have a little Pepe the Frog avatar on your twitter?

Pretty pathetic.

" wonderfullife "; " Hank " asked you a pretty straight question, there. Your reply was not an answer.

Let's be fair .....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

These are some of the people leading "The resistance" who have organised and spoke publicly at marches against Trump. If it wasn't for double standards the left would have no standards at all.

Donna Hylton

In 1985, Hylton and two accomplices drugged and kidnapped 62-year-old Long Island real-estate broker Thomas Vigliarolo, and held him prisoner for 15-20 days. While imprisoned, Vigliarolo was starved, burned, beaten, sexually assaulted, raped and tortured by three men and four women, including Hylton. It was Hylton who delivered a ransom note and tape to a friend of Vigliarolo, leading to her capture.

Linda Sarsour

https://twitter.com/lsarsour/status/116922589967949824?lang=en
    Jesus Hank stop with the random off topic ****e please.

Jesus Hank stop with the random off topic ****e please.

Standard retort to someone bringing up Alex Jones et al in this thread. The dude shall abide though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Weird that the Portland guy and this recent attack had something in common both campaigned in last years election season both for same candidate, Bernie Saunders! WTF!

Advertisement