Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

SpursLady wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I don’t have Gordon’s new number, perhaps some else on the forum might. You could try email, he is great getting back on that....do you have it?

Hi

Thanks for the mail. Turns out he still has the same number so please scrap my post!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Hi there,

Yes I was told the same end of May. I contacted Gordon yesterday and he said that there has been some delays, so snagging is now aimed for July.
    I expected it though reading this forum and I’ve been watch the progress slow down over the last month or so.

Seems we're all in the same boat and receiving consistent messaging from Gordon as I emailed him this week too and got the same response. He's pretty quick to respond tbf.

If Gordon reads the thread, perhaps set up an account and drop a weekly status note to the group. Good/Bad/On track - it doesn't matter to me provided I have information up front so I can plan accordingly.

Looking forward to cracking open a bottle of champagne when this is all over and never, ever, ever moving again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrsHegsy

Hi All, were May snaggers phase 3 or 4? I’m guessing our phase 4 (I think 4 is right final phase!) move in date of September is off the table now?

MrsHegsy wrote: »
    Hi All, were May snaggers phase 3 or 4? I’m guessing our phase 4 (I think 4 is right final phase!) move in date of September is off the table now?

Have you been out to the site at all? I pop out every two weeks to see how progress is going. Last weekend #14 & 15 of Rahillion Way were up to roof level. Everything to the East of that, 16 RW >> North side of the drive is up and #37-43 on RD look to be completed entirely and have all the fencing taken down.

Everything west of 14 & 15 Rahillion Way is still at ground level, so I imagine they will take 6+ months from now to be completed based on how long it's taking for the others.

TBH, it's best to ask Gordon and he'll give you guidance, then keep an eye on the site.

I've attached the site layout and also the plans I got a while back in case it's helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lynnmcgowan

Hi all.

Has anyone managed to get a ladder fitted to the attic? I was told it cant be done but surely it can?

Many thanks

Lynn

• Advertisement

stiofan85 wrote: »
    Have you been out to the site at all? I pop out every two weeks to see how progress is going. Last weekend #14 & 15 of Rahillion Way were up to roof level. Everything to the East of that, 16 RW >> North side of the drive is up and #37-43 on RD look to be completed entirely and have all the fencing taken down.

Everything west of 14 & 15 Rahillion Way is still at ground level, so I imagine they will take 6+ months from now to be completed based on how long it's taking for the others.

TBH, it's best to ask Gordon and he'll give you guidance, then keep an eye on the site.

I've attached the site layout and also the plans I got a while back in case it's helpful.

Thanks for this! We have been out to site most weekends since we signed but we haven’t been out properly with Gordon so we don’t know the layout, phases etc yet! Site plan is very helpful thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Homer007r

Hi,

I noticed that there was a large block sale completed of units 1 to 9 on Rahillion Walk last month and was wondering if anyone know whether this was a "Cuckoo Fund" purchase or social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpursLady

Homer007r wrote: »
    Hi,

I noticed that there was a large block sale completed of units 1 to 9 on Rahillion Walk last month and was wondering if anyone know whether this was a "Cuckoo Fund" purchase or social housing?

Hi,
    As far as I had heard it is for social housing, the percentage that has to go with every new build. That’s where I was told they were going to be positioned when purchasing 😊

another question - I saw someone bringing rolled grass through their side entrance the other day. Does that mean the back gardens don't come with grass?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 airportlackie

Hi,
    As far as I had heard it is for social housing, the percentage that has to go with every new build. That’s where I was told they were going to be positioned when purchasing ��

<SNIP>

Mod Note

Unsubstantiated rumour removed. Feel free to PM a link from a reputable source and I'll see about reinstating it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 SpursLady

another question - I saw someone bringing rolled grass through their side entrance the other day. Does that mean the back gardens don't come with grass?

Oh really? I am expecting grass as per the showhouse as that was what was sold to me.

Hi

Can anyone give their recommendation for broadband within the estate. We used Vodafone before in Donabate and it was perfect so possibly will do the same again as I don't think the Sky bundle reaches Rahillion.

How long was it before you could get connected up to anyone who has already moved in?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

Lyncher101 wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone give their recommendation for broadband within the estate. We used Vodafone before in Donabate and it was perfect so possibly will do the same again as I don't think the Sky bundle reaches Rahillion.

How long was it before you could get connected up to anyone who has already moved in?

Thanks

Hi,

We are in over a year now and love it. We went with Virgin for broadband. No problems at all.We initially went with sky but then they informed us they could not provide the broadband at that time. I think we were waiting about 4-6 weeks to get virgin but it was due to a delay in cabling in the estate etc so hopefully that won't be an issue for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

Oh really? I am expecting grass as per the showhouse as that was what was sold to me.

Hi there,

They will seed the garden for you. We moved in April 2018, ours was seeded but the grass never stood a chance with the weather we had last summer:), and the hose pipe ban.My husband dug it up again and reseeded. It really only started to take off in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aaron134

Min89 wrote: »
    Hi,

We are in over a year now and love it. We went with Virgin for broadband. No problems at all.We initially went with sky but then they informed us they could not provide the broadband at that time. I think we were waiting about 4-6 weeks to get virgin but it was due to a delay in cabling in the estate etc so hopefully that won't be an issue for you.

Does anybody know if Sky is available in the estate now?

Min89 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Min89

That's good to know. As I said, we never had a problem with Virgin broadband in Donabate previously so will opt for that if Sky isn't available when we move in.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

Aaron134 wrote:
    Does anybody know if Sky is available in the estate now?

No Sky Broadband as Eir haven't installed lines. Around 5 weeks after we moved in Virgin connected. Have Virgin Internet & Sky TV no issues with either

I would guess given the vague excusses for the delays are probably caused by the priority placed on completing the social units in the estate.

Homer007r wrote: »
    I would guess given the vague excusses for the delays are probably caused by the priority placed on completing the social units in the estate.

Have all the social units been placed together? I thought they were being peppered over the entire development?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Margra123

Hello,

Just bought a house in Rahillion and I'm wondering if anyone else chose the "Ocean White" marble counter top for their kitchen and if it would be possible to see a picture of it? I love the look of it in the kitchen place in Navan but it is only available to see on a tiny sample square. Thanks a million!

• Advertisement

Have all the social units been placed together? I thought they were being peppered over the entire development?

It would appear that the 9 units are together.

Anyone hear anything on snagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mchurc01

Yep looks like in the next 2-3 weeks for some, we've got our date from Gordon 😀

mchurc01 wrote: »
    Yep looks like in the next 2-3 weeks for some, we've got our date from Gordon &#55357;&#56832;

Sweet. Looking forward to hearing how people get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Born78

Hi there,
    we bought in Rahillion Drive and for the unit - 13 to 19 should be going in snagging by the 3rd week of June.
    We have 2 daughters: 4 yrs old and 20 months and looking forward to meet new people.

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a tiler that they have used before?

Which bin collection company would anyone recommend to sign up with?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnRDublin

Just jumping in here all, we have bought elsewhere (new build) and looking for a snag surveyor. A friend recommended <snip> to us and said they were very good. Has anyone had any dealings with them? Any recommendations?

Mod Note
    All recommendations by PM

Just jumping in here all, we have bought elsewhere (new build) and looking for a snag surveyor. A friend recommended <snip> to us and said they were very good. Has anyone had any dealings with them? Any recommendations?

Won't be using your company John.

Now, back to Rahillion. Anyone any updates?!

Hi All

If you have a chance could you please let me know how long it took for the builders to fix everything found by your snagging engineer and approximately how many weeks from date of snagging to receiving the keys?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

Lyncher101 wrote: »
    Hi All

If you have a chance could you please let me know how long it took for the builders to fix everything found by your snagging engineer and approximately how many weeks from date of snagging to receiving the keys?

Thanks

Hi,

Builders had snag list completed in just over a week. We did the 2nd check ourselves and there were no issues. From 1st snag to keys was about 4 weeks.
    Best of luck

Advertisement