Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Homer007r wrote: »
    I reviewed photos taken of the 4 bed show house earlier this year and it would appear that the bathrooms were only half way tiled. Deceiving since those bathrooms are small and some had very big mirrors, but it's clear around the radiator.

We live in a 4 bed type C. The bathroom tilings are a mixture of floor-to-ceiling, halfway up the wall and no tiles (there are no tiles behind the towel racks, for example), which is identical to the show house.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

denisstack wrote: »
    We live in a 4 bed type C. The bathroom tilings are a mixture of floor-to-ceiling, halfway up the wall and no tiles (there are no tiles behind the towel racks, for example), which is identical to the show house.

Hi

Thanks to everyone for getting back to us regarding the tiling. We did likewise last week by looking at photos we had taken and will put our hands up to say that we were mistaken! The showhouses were only half tiled floor to ceiling.
    Brickwork on The Drive seems to be slowing down or is that just us fearing this could drag out?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CPC1234

denisstack wrote: »

Hi ..

I was wondering if the houses also come with towel rails radiator / mirrored cabinets?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Margra123

Anyone else on Rahillion Way recieve an estimated time of completion form Gordon?
    We were told May/June 2019 but they havn't started building so this estimation could be too optimistic?

CPC1234 wrote: »
    Hi ..

I was wondering if the houses also come with towel rails radiator / mirrored cabinets?

Thanks

Hi CPC1234

As far as I know, having spoken to CKB in Navan, each bathroom comes with a towel style radiator, with the exception of the downstairs loo, which is a normal radiator.
    Mirrors are not supplied. CKB are doing decent offers on them for the month of January as far as I've heard and their stock looks decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

@lyncher - how did you get in touch with Gordon? Did you just show up on site and ask around?

Swung by yesterday and the blockwork seems to have progressed on the Drive. We seem to be the last house on that stretch and the structure is up with Windows in (We are Rahillion Way) but a long ways to go. Signing on Thursday and put our own house up for sale yesterday. Great to see some movement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

stiofan85 wrote: »
    @lyncher - how did you get in touch with Gordon? Did you just show up on site and ask around?

Swung by yesterday and the blockwork seems to have progressed on the Drive. We seem to be the last house on that stretch and the structure is up with Windows in (We are Rahillion Way) but a long ways to go. Signing on Thursday and put our own house up for sale yesterday. Great to see some movement though.

I have his email, im down in the Crescent, if yu want it PM me and ill give to you, hes very helpful in fainress to him

@stiofan85 - Must pop up to the Drive soon. The first 2 (far end of Drive) were mostly bricked with them starting on the second 2 about a week ago. Have they started more?

I'll pm you his email address. He's been very quick to respond with any queries we've had.

Thanks folks. Got onto Gordon this afternoon and he replied almost immediately. Aiming for snag in June. Great to have a date in mind, regardless of how much it may move. Fingers crossed for continued good weather

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KB1980

We are waiting to move into Rahilion. Would love to hear any comments/feedback from those already moved in on how you find the estate/ the house and the general area. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Bunt1989

We are moving in this weekend to Rahillion drive. Does anyone know of suppliers of shower doors?

KB1980 wrote: »
    We are waiting to move into Rahilion. Would love to hear any comments/feedback from those already moved in on how you find the estate/ the house and the general area. Thanks!

Im in since Sept, love the estate, Everyone very friendly, Donabate itself is great.

No issues with the house, few small things we needed checked and Gordon always had someone around that day to us. Lovely finish on all the houses.

Does anyone know where the wooden floor in the 4 bed show house is from and name? Thanks!

KB1980 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the wooden floor in the 4 bed show house is from and name? Thanks!

Hi

I was talking to one of the guys in ckb and he was saying they are tiles... think the interior designer got them from there ..

Hi

I was talking to one of the guys in ckb and he was saying they are tiles... think the interior designer got them from there ..

Thank you. Ill call CKB, I was convinced it was wood!

Lyncher101 wrote: »
    Brickwork on The Drive seems to be slowing down or is that just us fearing this could drag out?!

Was down there today and they seem to have upped the pace. Scaffolds down on the first few and blockwork seems to have accelerated on the rest of them. Looks like every house for that phase is now up and they are ploughing through.

Spoke with Gordon this week and our provisional snag date is June and said they are making good progress. Good stuff.

We were in with the kitchen crowd and they showed us the tiles for the bathroom as they have changed - much nicer than the original I'm glad to say, although I didn't think to take a photo.

Would be great to be in by mid summer. we are selling our current home and nearly sale agreed - potentially could line the two up and not have to rent for long/if at all between.

Hi all

Not exactly related to the forum but I was wondering what people are doing about childcare?

I have a little baby and should be heading back to work when he is 9/10 months , I have rang both Linda’s and treehouse crèche however they have no availability .

Does anyone know of minders in the area or what they are doing if they can’t get places in the local crèche’s

Thanks

A few people in the estate have a minder, very small number, i think most drop thier kids to other locations, alot seem to be in Swords.

Our young lad is in roots and wings since he was 2 but i know 2 is min age.

Was there word of a creche going in Rahillion itself, maybe something to ask Gordan about??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

Hi all

Not exactly related to the forum but I was wondering what people are doing about childcare?

I have a little baby and should be heading back to work when he is 9/10 months , I have rang both Linda’s and treehouse crèche however they have no availability .

Does anyone know of minders in the area or what they are doing if they can’t get places in the local crèche’s

Thanks

They are building a crèche facility in Rahillion. It will be at the entrance to the walkway down to the park at the mill. Not sure how big it will be or many children they will cater for but it looks to be the size of about 2 semi detached houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lynnmcgowan

We are finally in! Its been a long time coming and lots of little blips but we are here and very happy to be! Has anyone bought or made a cover for the heat pump outside? I noticed there are a few cages on a couple i can see but cant find them online.

Many thanks

Lynn

• Advertisement

We are finally in! Its been a long time coming and lots of little blips but we are here and very happy to be! Has anyone bought or made a cover for the heat pump outside? I noticed there are a few cages on a couple i can see but cant find them online.

Many thanks

Lynn

Congratulations :)

Can't advise on the cover for the heat pump unfortunately. Can you give any advice on the blips? Anything avoidable?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnnyboy97

Hi

I am wondering what is the lighting like in the kitchen and master bedroon of the 3 bedroom semi d houses in Rahillion with northfacing gardens on Rahillion Drive. I'm worried the back of the house might be too dark because I'm buying off the plans

Anyone know the name of the designer who designed the show houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpursLady

Anyone know the name of the designer who designed the show houses?

www carolinerenner com

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrsHegsy

Hi All, We have just bought a house on The Way. Really looking forward to getting to know our new neighbours! Will be moving in with husband, 3 year old and doggy. Just wondering if anyone has priced up getting the wood paneling on the hall stairs and landing yet?

MrsHegsy wrote: »
    Hi All, We have just bought a house on The Way. Really looking forward to getting to know our new neighbours! Will be moving in with husband, 3 year old and doggy. Just wondering if anyone has priced up getting the wood paneling on the hall stairs and landing yet?

Many congrats on your purchase. I have purchased on The Way too. So excited to get in 😊 Were you given a time frame? I was told end of May...fingers crossed. I have not priced the panelling but I am interested in doing so too... Will follow this post 😊

Bunt1989 wrote: »
    We are moving in this weekend to Rahillion drive. Does anyone know of suppliers of shower doors?

Sorry you probably are sorted by now...I ordered the showers doors from the kitchen place as they supply the bathrooms too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Homer007r

Dear all,

I visited the site today and noticed the back boundary wall has gone up for the Drive houses, however, I am pretty sure the planning permission specified for a chainlink fence (detail 5) and not a brick wall (detail 1 or 2). Can anyone correct me?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrsHegsy

SpursLady wrote: »
    Many congrats on your purchase. I have purchased on The Way too. So excited to get in �� Were you given a time frame? I was told end of May...fingers crossed. I have not priced the panelling but I am interested in doing so too... Will follow this post ��

Hi there neighbours! We were told Sept/Oct. we’ve bought the last house available at the very end of The Way though so it’s probably being released in two sections? I’m heading over to Curtis kitchens next week to make a few changes! I’ll see if they have had any updates while I’m there!

• Advertisement

MrsHegsy wrote: »
    Hi there neighbours! We were told Sept/Oct. we’ve bought the last house available at the very end of The Way though so it’s probably being released in two sections? I’m heading over to Curtis kitchens next week to make a few changes! I’ll see if they have had any updates while I’m there!

Yeah I think it's split between phase 3 and 4. I think P3 is what's up now and they are expecting to finish by June. Was out at the site at the weekend and it looks like they've the foundations dug for P4.

We also ordered our shower doors through CKB Design. They gave us a good deal (apparently) and were very obliging.

Advertisement