Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrsHegsy

stiofan85 wrote: »
    Yeah I think it's split between phase 3 and 4. I think P3 is what's up now and they are expecting to finish by June. Was out at the site at the weekend and it looks like they've the foundations dug for P4.

We also ordered our shower doors through CKB Design. They gave us a good deal (apparently) and were very obliging.

That’s great to know!! Having as much installed on move in as possible would be fantasticN how did you find CKB to deal with? Did you make many changes to the kitchen as standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

MrsHegsy wrote: »
    That’s great to know!! Having as much installed on move in as possible would be fantasticN how did you find CKB to deal with? Did you make many changes to the kitchen as standard?

Yeah, we added a wine rack, larder, under sink bin and the corner carousel thing. It's not cheap but then again neither is the house so do it once, do it right etc.... They're good to deal with.

We also spoke to the electrician and he added some spot lights in the kitchen and the lighting under the cabinets. You're a couple of months behind us so you've time to think these things through.

Yeah, we added a wine rack, larder, under sink bin and the corner carousel thing. It's not cheap but then again neither is the house so do it once, do it right etc.... They're good to deal with.

We also spoke to the electrician and he added some spot lights in the kitchen and the lighting under the cabinets. You're a couple of months behind us so you've time to think these things through.

Oh larder is high up on our list! We’ve a 3 bed and there isn’t huge storage in the kitchen! Under sink bin is interesting! I’m wanting to look at changing counters too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jon OT

Hi there neighbours! We were told Sept/Oct. we’ve bought the last house available at the very end of The Way though so it’s probably being released in two sections? I’m heading over to Curtis kitchens next week to make a few changes! I’ll see if they have had any updates while I’m there!

Hi Folks, we've bought on the "Way" too (all things going well) and looking forward to getting in! We have spent some time up there recently so will share any significant updates we see.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

How did you get in touch with the electrician? Or was it the CKB guy? Thanks
    Oh larder is high up on our list! We’ve a 3 bed and there isn’t huge storage in the kitchen! Under sink bin is interesting! I’m wanting to look at changing counters too!

We're a 3 bed too and were up in CKB the other day, I think the larder is only an option if you move the fridge to the other wall where the side cabinet and shelves are in the standard plans. They said some people are doing that to fit an American-style fridge freezer in and the larder would go where the fridge is in the current plans.

The granite counter top is €3k in total, we didn't go for it at the time but I'm having non-buyer's remorse and we might change our mind.

• Advertisement

How did you get in touch with the electrician? Or was it the CKB guy? Thanks

We're a 3 bed too and were up in CKB the other day, I think the larder is only an option if you move the fridge to the other wall where the side cabinet and shelves are in the standard plans. They said some people are doing that to fit an American-style fridge freezer in and the larder would go where the fridge is in the current plans.

The granite counter top is €3k in total, we didn't go for it at the time but I'm having non-buyer's remorse and we might change our mind.

Sent you a pm

Just wondering, has anyone made changes to the barhrooms? Or is that even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpursLady

Just wondering, has anyone made changes to the barhrooms? Or is that even possible?

Yes it was possible to make changes to the bathrooms through CKBs as they supply the them too. I made a small change to the main bathroom back in Jan :)

Was out yesterday and things look like there are ticking along nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KB1980

Can anyone recommend someone to fit shower doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

We are in since Sept and got the under sink bin, something so small my wife wanted but its great, 3 way bin that pulls in and out, works perfect and highly recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭billyhead

Congratulations :)

Can't advise on the cover for the heat pump unfortunately. Can you give any advice on the blips? Anything avoidable?!

If anyone needs one of these covers I have a brand new unused one that's not needed for sale on adverts and will sell at a discounted price. I am up the road in Rush too. Just PM me if interested

Driveways and footpath going into the first few on the North side of the drive. Anyone on the thread in that lot? Should be snagging soon I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CPC1234

Driveways and footpath going into the first few on the North side of the drive. Anyone on the thread in that lot? Should be snagging soon I imagine

Thank you so much was just wondering what the situation was ... getting very excited now

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mchurc01

Was just out there too, they're coming on great. yep we're moving into that patch.
    I have to say the back wall is looking very close to the house in the parts it's up already - does anyone else feel the same if you've seen it ?
    Hard to know the real size from behind the site fence but thought & hoped it would be bigger than it appeared to me anyway

mchurc01 wrote: »
    Was just out there too, they're coming on great. yep we're moving into that patch.
    I have to say the back wall is looking very close to the house in the parts it's up already - does anyone else feel the same if you've seen it ?
    Hard to know the real size from behind the site fence but thought & hoped it would be bigger than it appeared to me anyway

We are further down and I thought the same about the back wall. On the plans the it looked further away. F*ck all we can do at this point I guess though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mchurc01

We are further down and I thought the same about the back wall. On the plans the it looked further away. F*ck all we can do at this point I guess though.

Looks that way alright....checked through the contract & nothing helpful in there. We have to accept it or find somewhere else.
    Ah well, with the beach down the road etc. it's not the worst scenario.

jester1980 wrote: »
    We are in since Sept and got the under sink bin, something so small my wife wanted but its great, 3 way bin that pulls in and out, works perfect and highly recommend.

Jester is your bin under sink or in a full press? We were in on sat and told no undersink option, don’t really fancy giving up a double press for the bin!

Jester is your bin under sink or in a full press? We were in on sat and told no undersink option, don’t really fancy giving up a double press for the bin!

Yeah you're right, it's a full press. I said under sink because that's what we have now. If you want just under sink get the Ikea bins. They're half the height. That's what we have now and they're grand. We went for the larger version because the recycling one tends to fill very quickly

Yeah its just under sink, we got from the kitchen company and one of Gordons guys installed it, its a small bin with 3 compatments, larger one for recyling which takes up 50% and other two parts 25%

we didnt want a big bin and didnt want one showing in the kitchen.

Works fine for us last 6 months anyway,.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Just out of curiosity, what other changes to the original plans/specifications have people asked for? It's our first house so we're not really sure what amendments we can make

• Advertisement

We only changed items in the kitchen, changed the color of what the showhouse was, changed the countertop color as well as wife hated that, and then added the bin and an ironing board to one of the drawers.

Just out of curiosity, what other changes to the original plans/specifications have people asked for? It's our first house so we're not really sure what amendments we can make

We added some spot lights in the kitchen, outside lights to the side, lights in the wardrobe, power for a shed, lighting for the kitchen cabinets and a light switch beside the bed in the master bedroom. Electrical plan seems to have enough sockets so didn't ask for anymore.

In the kitchen it was the larder, under counter bin (the big one) and a wine rack. We were happy enough with the colour and the countertop.

We added some spot lights in the kitchen, outside lights to the side, lights in the wardrobe, power for a shed, lighting for the kitchen cabinets and a light switch beside the bed in the master bedroom. Electrical plan seems to have enough sockets so didn't ask for anymore.

In the kitchen it was the larder, under counter bin (the big one) and a wine rack. We were happy enough with the colour and the countertop.

Hi .. I was just wondering who is doing this for you as we emailed the electrician and never received a reply

jester1980 wrote: »
    We only changed items in the kitchen, changed the color of what the showhouse was, changed the countertop color as well as wife hated that, and then added the bin and an ironing board to one of the drawers.

Hi jester..

Did ckb.. provide the ironing board... I asked about it however they said they didn’t do it .

Thanks

CPC1234 wrote: »
    Hi .. I was just wondering who is doing this for you as we emailed the electrician and never received a reply

It's the electrician Gordon put me in touch with. Chris I think. He was going into my unit that week so perhaps he's going by whatever units he's working on that week?

CPC1234 wrote: »
    Hi jester..

Did ckb.. provide the ironing board... I asked about it however they said they didn’t do it .

Thanks

Yep they did it for us, well they ordered it and we let Gordon know and he installed it.

Maybe an odd question but just wondering where people store towels as there is no storage for them where the heating tank is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadch12

KB1980 wrote: »
    Maybe an odd question but just wondering where people store towels as there is no storage for them where the heating tank is.
    Hi there shelved were installed in there for when we moved in

Sineadch12 wrote: »
    Hi there shelved were installed in there for when we moved in

Thanks for that. We have no shelves and with the size of the boiler/tank in there I didn't even think shelves could fit!

• Advertisement

we asked for shelves also, three small wooden ones that hold towels perfect

Advertisement