Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Sineadch12 wrote: »
    Hi there shelved were installed in there for when we moved in

any chance of a photo? I forgot to look in the HP in the show house.

I saw some of the houses on Rahillion Walk are completed. Anyone on the thread moving into them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Are people getting engineer reports done? There is a structural guarantee with a new build obviously but I'm getting conflicting advice.

Brego888 wrote: »
    Are people getting engineer reports done? There is a structural guarantee with a new build obviously but I'm getting conflicting advice.

Not getting a survey - they're visual only and don't go deep enough into the building fabric. To get a full survey you'd need a much deeper and invasive on the structure.

On a new build everything is signed off - I believe new building regs require you to receive a "pack" of certs. The engineer who designed the build will be on the hook for any defects, including, I believe, Homebond.

The snagging process should pick up anything visual anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadch12

Hi there pls see attached for a photo
    stiofan85 wrote: »

I saw some of the houses on Rahillion Walk are completed. Anyone on the thread moving into them?

Sineadch12 wrote: »
    Hi there pls see attached for a photo

Thank you. Looks neat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Anna777

Can anyone who has moved in let me know how long the snagging process takes; just trying to gauge timings now that we are (finally) on the home stretch. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrsHegsy

Anyone heard more news on move in dates for the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KB1980

Can anyone recommend somewhere that provides made to measure mirrors (for bathroom)

MrsHegsy wrote: »
    Anyone heard more news on move in dates for the way?

We've been told we're delayed by a month from June to July. We're on the Way. Was up there today. The houses at the end of the Drive are complete by the looks of things. Progress... Slow progress

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ryanf4

Any idea why there is a delay? Thought things were looking good when we spike to Gordon a couple of weeks back. Dying to move in! We are the Way too.

• Advertisement

Ryanf4 wrote: »
    Any idea why there is a delay? Thought things were looking good when we spike to Gordon a couple of weeks back. Dying to move in! We are the Way too.

No details. Like you we're eager to get in. We've lined up selling our current home around moving in so that's now off the cards. Not unexpected tbh.

Another poster a while back said they got in after a lot of small setbacks beyond Gordon's control. I imagine solicitors, ESB, Irish water are all variables they cannot control.

Not looking forward to moving twice in one summer (to rental then Rahillion), but sure that's life

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ryanf4

Oh god that’s annoying for you! Hopefully there won’t be too much of a delay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Anyone have any recommendations for someone who does blinds? Looking at both shutter and Roman type blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Brego888 wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations for someone who does blinds? Looking at both shutter and Roman type blinds.

I’m in Donabate, not in Rahillion. I got plantation shutters for the front and blinds for the back in New Hampshire Blinds in monkstown. They came out and measured up all the windows when the builders weee still in and gave us a quote. They had the blinds in after a few days but the shutters have about a 6 week lead time.

We’ve had them over a year now and have to say they’ve been great. We will probably use them for Radiator covers too.

We've been told we're delayed by a month from June to July. We're on the Way. Was up there today. The houses at the end of the Drive are complete by the looks of things. Progress... Slow progress

Stiofan do you know if the way is split between two phases? We were told more August/September so I don’t want to get my hopes up and think July!! God help us moving twice flipping nightmare! We’ve moved four times in five years up to finally buying and we’re still not good at it!!!

Stiofan do you know if the way is split between two phases? We were told more August/September so I don’t want to get my hopes up and think July!! God help us moving twice flipping nightmare! We’ve moved four times in five years up to finally buying and we’re still not good at it!!!

I think we are phase 3 and you're phase 4. Our unit is built and by the looks of things should have the blockwork done in the next few weeks. The rest of the Way is just foundations and riser walls. I think it's about 6 months from that stage to completion which would line up with September. Like you we're eager to get in and I've been keeping a close eye on progress as we've a lot to line up in terms of dates and temporary accommodation.

TBH, I'd doubt September is realistic but only Gordon can give you guidance and even then it's better to be cautious and not commit to moving out of your current place if you can avoid it.

I think we are phase 3 and you're phase 4. Our unit is built and by the looks of things should have the blockwork done in the next few weeks. The rest of the Way is just foundations and riser walls. I think it's about 6 months from that stage to completion which would line up with September. Like you we're eager to get in and I've been keeping a close eye on progress as we've a lot to line up in terms of dates and temporary accommodation.

TBH, I'd doubt September is realistic but only Gordon can give you guidance and even then it's better to be cautious and not commit to moving out of your current place if you can avoid it.

That was meant to be god help ye moving twice! It’ll be very exciting hearing the start of the way is moving in!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

We were up with Gordon a couple of weeks back and they were able to give us a rough guide as to when we'll move in, it's definitely worth talking to him if you're trying to estimate when to move out, they seem to have a works schedule for each house. We're lucky that our landlord is flexible about the move out date. We were estimating June/July but Gordon said it'll be snagging in July and moving in early August

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lynnmcgowan

Stiofan,

I am on the Walk. It was lonely for the first few weeks but 2 houses across from us moved in the last couple of weeks. The rest are empty for now but ready.

Stiofan,

I am on the Walk. It was lonely for the first few weeks but 2 houses across from us moved in the last couple of weeks. The rest are empty for now but ready.

Hey Lynn, how long did it take from snagging to getting the keys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 lynnmcgowan

Hey Lynn, how long did it take from snagging to getting the keys?

We had some delays due to certs etc. It was longer than usual. If everything is in place it should be just a couple of weeks. I hope you are not delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AbbyH

Hi all, I moved into Rahillion a few weeks back and we were thinking of getting a few jobs done, like an extra set of plug sockets in the kitchen, outdoor tap etc. Did anyone else get jobs like this done after moving in? Would Gorgon look after things like that do you know? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Amjam2017

Hello, we’ve bought on the way and very excited to move in! Can anyone tell me what colour the interior walls are painted? Been told Fleetwood snow pea but can’t seem to find this colour online. Thanks :)

AbbyH wrote: »
    Hi all, I moved into Rahillion a few weeks back and we were thinking of getting a few jobs done, like an extra set of plug sockets in the kitchen, outdoor tap etc. Did anyone else get jobs like this done after moving in? Would Gorgon look after things like that do you know? Thanks

Thanks for posting! I just assumed an outdoor tap was standard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lyncher101

I don't think Irish Water permit them to install an outdoor tap, but I've been told by Gordon that it is a reasonably simple job to get the plumber to do after getting the keys.
    Thanks for posting! I just assumed an outdoor tap was standard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KB1980

Is anyone else having a problem with the heat tank in the house, in that it is making noise throughout the night? Our one was only making noise during the night if we were running water but since the electricity outage last week the heating tank seems to have gone a little crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mchurc01

Has anyone got their snag date confirmed yet? We were advised snagging for us would be end of May but no date confirmed just yet. Just wondering if others are in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CPC1234

mchurc01 wrote: »
    Has anyone got their snag date confirmed yet? We were advised snagging for us would be end of May but no date confirmed just yet. Just wondering if others are in the same boat?

Hi..

We are due to snag end of May too but haven’t heard of a date yet either . Really hope there isn’t a delay again .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpursLady

CPC1234 wrote: »
    Hi..

We are due to snag end of May too but haven’t heard of a date yet either . Really hope there isn’t a delay again .
    Hi there,

Yes I was told the same end of May. I contacted Gordon yesterday and he said that there has been some delays, so snagging is now aimed for July.
    I expected it though reading this forum and I’ve been watch the progress slow down over the last month or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 SpursLady

Lyncher101 wrote: »
    Hi

If possible, could someone PM me Gordon's new mobile number - trying to ring it but says that the number is no longer in use.

Thanks

Hi there,
    I don’t have Gordon’s new number, perhaps some else on the forum might. You could try email, he is great getting back on that....do you have it?

Advertisement