Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Racing Syndicate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

WISE EAGLE will finally be out in the coming days as he has entries on thur,fri, sat and sun at 4 different tracks which should ensure we get a run.

Three are class 4 handicaps and one class 5,it will be nice to get him out of the mothballs and a good performance will add to his value before being sold.

Declared for Pontrefact thursday.

Wise Eagle runs at Ling tomorrow,Carries top weight in a mile and a half handicap which is a new trip for him.

Wise Eagle is well and worth ew support at 9./1.
    Has the jockey on board who won on him already and we are hopeful of a good run.

I think YTR can have a winner today Seas of Elzaam should be spot on after his recent run and can put it up to the hot fav and the horse that cost 375,000 in the 4.20 at Thirsk today..At 9 to2 he represents great ew value.

SEAS OF ELZAAM was starting to look disappointing and it was easy not to be confident about his chance in the class 5 handicap he was contesting at Chelmsford today at 3.55.

However the horse that beat him 2 and a half lengths when winning a 6 furlong handicap at the track two runs ago giving SEAS OF ELZAAM 2 lbs won a class 2 handicap at 3.25 today over 7 furlongs and that win gave us the courage to have a few quid ew and we were happy to see the horse carry the YTR colours to an impressive win at 5/1.

• Advertisement

SEAS OF ELZAAM is out again in the 7.oc at Newcastle tomorrow,has 6 lbs extra now after his last win but he was impressive enough last time.

I will post more about his chance tomorrow.

Horse is well and fancied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Horse is well and fancied.

Great run and win it took awhile but the horse is coming in to his own

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BK92

Massive thanks, you've rescued a losing week at Listowel Races !

Also, thanks for being so generous with the information, it's appreciated far more than the numbers of replies suggest !

A good day with Breath Caught doing the biz as well,Seas of Elzaam has come on a lot and may win more races but not for YTR,he goes to the sales in 4 weeks and the fact that won easily will ensure he makes a bit more as potential buyers will know he can improve again.

It would be nice to keep him as a four year old but YTR are buying 2 yearlings and keeping horses in training for more than one season is not the plan. We have Wise Eagle running on tuesday and it would be nice to get another win before he also goes to the sales.

Despite the curtailed season YTR has had a great year with the 3 horses all winning races.

Our horse WISE EAGLE runs on thursday wearing blinkers for the first time,it looks a tricky handicap and will give a rundown on his chance when we have had a good look at the race.

The horse is well and if the blinkers work he can run his race at a huge price,worth a bet for small stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

The horse is well and if the blinkers work he can run his race at a huge price,worth a bet for small stakes.

What race is this in? Thanks

Edit: found it, thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 9,862 ✭✭✭thesandeman

What race is this in? Thanks

6pm Chelmsford.

Ran badly,may have one more go at a shorter trip before he goes to the sales,the good news is that our syndicate manager nearly has a group organised to purchase a yearling to be trained in Ireland by Ken Condon.

WISE EAGLE has his last run for us in the 3.53 at Yarmouth when he drops back to a mile as i suggested he might after his last run over 10 furlongs.

I cannot encourage anyone to back him even though he has been dropped 4 lbs,if back to his best would probably win here but thats a big if.

The blinkers are retained and we can only hope he does what he does at home,it is funny that the person who manages our syndicate will be at the yearling sales at Newmarke trying to buy a couple of group horses (hardly on our budget,but we live in hope) and the good news is one will be trained in the Curragh by Ken Condon.

WISE EAGLE is 25/1 with PP and i have already had a score ew and if the news is positive tomorrow i will dip my toe again but not for large stakes.

Going to keep him among horses and with the pace to try to keep him interested.
    We can only hope he runs better than last time so fingers crossed.

One chapter ending and another begins,our girl got us a Bated Breath filly (won 4 group 1s) Lot 1622 at the sales today in Newmarket 22,000 gns.

Goes into training with Ken Condon so we are all hoping that the virus is under control when our filly is ready to run next year all going well.

• Advertisement

One chapter ending and another begins,our girl got us a Bated Breath filly (won 4 group 1s) Lot 1622 at the sales today in Newmarket 22,000 gns.

Goes into training with Ken Condon so we are all hoping that the virus is under control when our filly is ready to run next year all going well.

YTR got its 2nd yearling for 20.000 gns lot 644 another Bated Breath filly that looks really well and goes to David Omeara.

If anyone wants to see our new filly to be trained by Ken Condon in the Curragh go on facebook,York Thoroughbred Racing and see her move in the pre-training yard Mallow.

She looks really well to me and cant wait to see her contesting 2 year old races next year all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭charlesanto

If anyone wants to see our new filly to be trained by Ken Condon in the Curragh go on facebook,York Thoroughbred Racing and see her move in the pre-training yard Mallow.

She looks really well to me and cant wait to see her contesting 2 year old races next year all going well.

Nice :D

Seas of Elzaam under the hammer today and Wise Eagle tomorrow,fingers crossed but not very hopeful about Wise Eagle.
    Out with the old in with the new as we dream about two new fillies for the new flat season.

Update,Wise Eagle made 7,000 gns not great but he appeared to go backwards a bit so not surprising.

Seas of Elzaam did not make the reserve despite winning his last two races in good style so stays in training unless a private offer is forthcoming.

Catt
    Update,Wise Eagle made 7,000 gns not great but he appeared to go backwards a bit so not surprising.

Seas of Elzaam did not make the reserve despite winning his last two races in good style so stays in training unless a private offer is forthcoming.

Wise Eagle runs today for new connections and I wish them well in first run over hurdles,at 33 to 1 Ithink they will be happy if he shows some promise.
    Eight hurdles may perk him up,we shall see.

He be came disappointing for us after winning on his 2nd run and I will watch today with interest.
    I posted this because one or two may be interested.
    Catterick 1.55.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Catt

Wise Eagle runs today for new connections and I wish them well in first run over hurdles,at 33 to 1 Ithink they will be happy if he shows some promise.
    Eight hurdles may perk him up,we shall see.

He be came disappointing for us after winning on his 2nd run and I will watch today with interest.
    I posted this because one or two may be interested.
    Catterick 1.55.

Ran well the tail swishing would worry me a bit

He was always a bit quirky and there is no guarantee he will run as well next time but it's nice for connections that he ran with promise,we tried all the aids to get him to concentrate so we will see how he goes.He has a bit of an engine if he may use it.

Seas of Elzaam now sold privately but staying with David Omeara for new owners.

• Advertisement

Seas of Elzaam now sold privately but staying with David Omeara for new owners.

Advertisement